A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Princess Pram Cover help please?  (Read 553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Esjay82
« on: January 09, 2008 12:16:02 PM »

This is my first time posting a question....

OK, so.. my friend asked me a favour and wants me to make a baby blanket for her to give to her cousin... after going through loads of different free patterns she chose this one:

http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/Downloads/StitchJan1951PramCover.pdf

Its a nice design i think.. and it is pretty simple.. but she has asked if there is anyway of making the 'leaf/petal' bits a different colour maybe blue n the rest white? i am just having trouble trying to work out how to do it? i'm probably being stupid and overlooking something really obvious.. but i was just wondering if there are any suggestions?

Thanks

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jints
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008 01:17:50 PM »

Roll Eyes To pick out just the leaves, I figure you would need use the intarsia technique. one ball for leaf, and 2 separate ones each side for background. BUT trying to determine where the leaf starts and the background ends could be quite a challenge though. Might be obvious once you get going?? Perhaps practice one in scrap first to try it out.
It would be easier to just do the squares half blue, half white. first half , leaf with background, one color and the eyelet stripes in white. you would end up with large blue and white diamonds on finished blanket. Probably not the look your friend was after though I perhaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Esjay82
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008 01:34:35 PM »

Yeah, thats what i figured about the intarsia technique, i have started a scrap square and i am writing the directions out in chart form as i go to see if that helps. But so far it is just confusing me even more! lol! i tried To do it with different balls of yarn for the colours too.. but i havent had any luck figuring it out yet.. i am hoping that if i keep going at it it'll come to me..

I also as you suggested asked her about doing the first part of the square in one colour then switching to the other.. i am hoping she will come round to that idea! I think it would look good like that myself.. i could even do the eyelet stripes in alternating colours.. if she liked?!

thanks for ur reply Jints.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sohrab Ahmari on Ray Bradbury Vs. Political Correctness
How The Light Gets In 2012: What the Patrons of the Festival Thought
Jim McEnery on the Book Hell in the Pacific
Fantasy Writers on Their First Steps in the Field
Jeffrey Eugenides on What Makes a Good Film Adaptation
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...