A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,307
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas gift for a 3 year old..  (Read 838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tracey87
« on: December 02, 2007 01:02:04 PM »

My friend's son is about 3 1/2 and I recently found out he likeds Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  So I went to the friend of the library bookstore and bought a TMNT paperback to cut out images from.  But now I'm not sure what to make out of them.  I thought about maybe just decorating a picture frame with them and writing "(name) and mommy" for a photo of his mom and him for his room..but then I realized that that's not so much a gift for him as his mother..and I'm not sure how much she would enjoy a TMNT frame... what can I make that a three year old little boy would enjoy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DaisyTattoo
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007 01:41:02 PM »

You could make them into dolls. My 3 year old son would love that. Or maybe use them to stencil a tshirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonablaze
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007 02:46:40 PM »

decorate a lunch box with them, even if he doesn't go to preschool or anything yet, he can use it to carry his toys (say, to the park). if you can add his picture in among the turtles, all the better.

put his name on it too, on the inside if his mom's the "OMG HE'LL GET KIDNAPPED" type. 

when you give it to him, make a big deal about how it was made just for him, and it's the only one in the world.  he'll be bragging to his friends for months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eschewed xx
Barbara-Anna

my hands open my eyes open, and I just keep hoping

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007 06:43:18 PM »

decorate a lunch box with them, even if he doesn't go to preschool or anything yet, he can use it to carry his toys (say, to the park). if you can add his picture in among the turtles, all the better.

put his name on it too, on the inside if his mom's the "OMG HE'LL GET KIDNAPPED" type. 

when you give it to him, make a big deal about how it was made just for him, and it's the only one in the world.  he'll be bragging to his friends for months.
This woman is a genius. I just figured out what I'm making a 2 year old girl (except instead of TMNT princesses or some shit).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007 06:52:51 PM »

For my son (Who is into Trains.. not just Thomas) I took one of those plastic bead holders (small diaper bag size) and decoupaged it in trains and put his name on it.  the thing is great for holding crackers, raisons, MMs.. you know smallish snacks and he knows whatever is in the snack holder is his to eat anytime.  I got the idea from Family Fun or Parents mag to give proper kudos.  The craft holder is about 5/7 in size maybe a little smaller. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dana_M_S
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007 12:31:56 PM »

What about making magentic "dolls" from adhesive magnets?  You can include accessories too and he can play with them on the fridge - or you can give them in a metal box (or paint something with magnetic paint).  Actually, the magnetic paint is a primer so you could get a piece of wood (maybe an unfinished wooden tray) and paint it with the magnetic paint and then paint a scene over it that he can put the dolls on (sorry, action figures).  You could probably decopauge somethings from the book on it as well.

Stickers would also be good - my 4 year old LOVES stickers! Maybe you can do both if there are enough characters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tracey87
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007 09:08:11 AM »

Thanks for all the great ideas!  I decided to go with the lunchbox idea..I also painted a wooden puzzle and am going to fill the lunchbox(more like a bucket) with little toys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew a Torn Seam
How to Put a Thread on a Sewing Machine
How to Create Ruffles
How to Mend a Patch
How to Sew a Zipper
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!
April 29, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...