A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bento boxes in NZ  (Read 7208 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cardigan
« on: December 02, 2007 02:17:49 AM »

I recently have fallen in absolute LOVR with bentos, I want to buy one for myself and one for my mum for christmas, though I havnt got a clue where to buy them!
I looked on trademe, but there was nothing, and I dont really want to order from overseas.

Anyone have any idea of what shops would possibly sell them?
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
octopusgrrl
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007 05:00:33 PM »

Which city are you in? Sometimes the Asian gift stores stock them, also check out Asian groceries, as they import a lot of stuff from Japan too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheted cloche and beanie hats: http://octopusgrrl.etsy.com
viridis
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007 11:58:26 AM »

If you are in Christchurch I got mine from a store that is upstairs in Eastgate mall (but unfortunately is no longer there). There is also a store that sometines stocks them in the arcade mall opposite the central library in Christchurch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nzer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007 04:57:46 PM »

What please are "Bento Boxs'
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cardigan
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007 06:20:39 PM »

Thanks guys! Im in christchruch right now (I live in timaru) so I may have to head into town to check a few shops out!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
Toast.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007 10:40:27 AM »

I've been looking for some too. I'd like one for me and one for my son to take to preschool. I e-mailled around a few of the overseas places about shipping costs, but they all work out pretty expensive. I don't live in a city though, and we don't have an asian supermarket etc so I guess I'll just have to wait a year or so until I get to go on holiday! booo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

octopusgrrl
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007 05:29:37 PM »

nzer, Bento boxes are Japanese lunch boxes which have lots of compartments in them to separate rice, curry, pickles, condiments etc. They're good in that you can put a lot of effort and creativity into making your packed lunch more pretty and interesting each day Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

octopusgrrl
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007 05:37:24 PM »

cardigan: occasionally they'll turn up on Trademe as well, so save "bento" as a favourite search Smiley

Toast: I bought a Laptop Lunchbox (http://www.laptoplunches.com/) secondhand from a girl on one of the LJ bento groups - they're great for kids, really durable and you can put the bits into the dishwasher if you have one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cardigan
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007 12:03:32 AM »

Thanks for your help guys!
I saw a couple in morning glory, but they were all kids ones with winnie the pooh and stuff on them.
Still, very cute though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MelancholyMiss
"impure as the driven yellow snow!" - Spike

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007 12:57:06 AM »

Did you see the bento swap and then have to go and look up Bentos?  I did and i really want one too Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add a Shape in After Effects CS3
How to Add a Stroke to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add an Inner Glow Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add an Inner Shadow Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add an Outer Glow Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...