A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My 1/2 finished Sewing Studio  (Read 2277 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

choleblack
« on: December 02, 2007 12:40:30 AM »

While there are still some major changes I want to make, I just have to show this off! The space is the former kitchen. It has this great built in that I've been using to store all my crafting stuff, but there just wasn't any space for the sewing! It was chaos to say the least.

Before: This was after moving all my reenacting stuff to the basement and putting all the non-sewing stuff in the built in where it belongs.

A glimpse of the other side of the room with the built in on the far right. There are 3 floor to ceiling sections like that stuffed with, well stuff (note my hard working SO who did all this as a birthday present for me  Kiss)

Currently: Nothings quite in order yet but the difference is already noticeable!

The best part, a dedicated table for 3 of my 4 machines (Old Green is in the basement workroom) with plenty of light & bulletin boards and oh the space!

I still have a bunch to do. I want to paint it a bright shade of green (if I can decide on one that isn't too dark, to yellow or too "puke"), add bins in the storage unit, make some roman shades & a curtain, refinish the floors, get a rug, hang some art, get a new chair, change out the wall light etc. Still, I can't contain myself I'm so happy about the space. Finally it WORKS!!

TFL!

Chole
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaachan
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007 03:49:28 AM »

looks fabulous!  And how lucky to have someone do it for you.

You must be a *serious* crafter though- choosing crafting over eating. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007 04:27:51 AM »

Looks great! I so wish I had a craft room... *sigh* Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
fabricQueen
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007 05:19:33 AM »

Smiley   Wow, What a great room, and your 3 machines are easily available. Truly inspirational!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CarEll EllDar
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007 06:25:09 AM »

I'm in the process of building up my craft room. (I went with bright blue walls).  Anyhoo, I'm looking for a table - just like that!  Could you share any details on it?

Thanks so much. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

choleblack
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007 09:18:12 AM »

looks fabulous!  And how lucky to have someone do it for you.

You must be a *serious* crafter though- choosing crafting over eating. Wink

Cheesy The first thing I did when I moved in was move the kitchen! See that little bit of yellow behind my SO in the 2nd picture? That's the kitchen. This is a much better arrangement. The kitchen opens off the living room & the back porch & is much larger & (most importantly) I get a dedicated workspace.

Chole
THIS ROCKS   Logged

choleblack
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007 09:27:03 AM »

I'm in the process of building up my craft room. (I went with bright blue walls).  Anyhoo, I'm looking for a table - just like that!  Could you share any details on it?

Thanks so much. Cheesy

Happy to! I designed this to my specific needs because I couldn't find a table that was right in stores. I looked for 2 years!

It's really more like a big shelf. 17 1/2" deep total, 16 of that is table. It is bumped away from the wall 1 1/2" to allow larger pieces of fabric to fall rather than pool up behind the machines. It's 30 3/4" high. Made from primed & painted MDF. Underneath there are 4 metal shelf brackets holding the table up and 2x2 decorative brackets on either end. The center angle has a 2x2 reinforcing strip that runs out from the corner. The strip is glued in place & does no reach all the way to allow for knee space. The corners are rounded so that I don't bump into them painfully.

That's basically it. I seriously love my machine table!

Chole
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007 09:27:36 AM by choleblack » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JennasMommy
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007 11:02:32 AM »

Ok I am drooling, can you tell Grin. So many of us would die to have a sewing/craft area that roomy, lucky dog! You did a great job. Hopefully once we move out our 2 bdrm trailor and build a house next year I will get my own space 'to create.'
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodgrace
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007 07:27:18 AM »

I wish I had a sewing room!! I've been using a corner of my bedroom for my sewing machine (a foot treadled one!!)...I have a bagful of fabric ( I have to iron fabric each time I want to sew something...arrrgh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brain fried, nerve fried, sew fried....
A bag addict and proud of it!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Report - Matchy-Matchy Sets
How To Take Your LBD From Day To Night
Get Summer Music Festival Makeup
Veronique Branquinho Fall 2014 Paris Fashion Week Interviews & Runway
5 Swimsuits Perfect for Any Body Type
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...