A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,215
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Knitting Pal  (Read 1173 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

queen_gueneviere
« on: December 01, 2007 04:47:27 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have the opportunity to buy something called "The Knitting Pal" from someone, and I'm hoping that somebody might have some information for me on how this Knitting Pal works.
Apparently this item can speed up your knitting time dramatically, and you can use any type of yarn with it. It also come with a few patterns. I think she said 3 or 5 of them. It also comes with a few needles, clamps & 5 sections. I know of 1 person who used 1 of these in the past, and she completed a very large blanket within 3 weeks.
The person selling it is not a knitter so she can't answer any questions that I have about it.

Because I have never seen one in person, I have a few question in the hopes that somebody can help me out.
Oh, this is for the older red  one. Not the pink one apparently "As Seen On Tv".
I would greatly appreciate any input about this item if you know how it works. Or if you could explain the concept on how this all works and what it can do, that would be terrific.  Grin

# 1 - Can you use this item with any pattern?

# 2 - Do you have to use it clamped down to a table or can you use it for making smaller items, by putting it
        on your lap?

# 3 - Can I use it with all of the sections attached to one another for making wider items, by just putting it in
        my lap? Or, do I have to clamp it down?

# 4 - How do you use this to make large blankets when it only comes with 5 sections, and each section is 7
        1/2" wide? Or do I have to knit a certain width of a blanket the regular way, and then add width to it by
        using this item also?

Thanks so much for any help that you can give to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007 10:55:36 AM »

I don't know anything about the knitting pal, but I did find a pic of one for sale on ebay, and it kinda looks like a knifty knitter, possibly with a smaller gauge?  I suspect you would have to have it clamped down if you put 2 or more together unless there's a way to hold the pieces together w/o them falling apart.   

I'm guessing you could make any pattern you can do with the knifty knitter. 

sorry these are all guesses, but that's what it looked like to me
HTH 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queen_gueneviere
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007 02:13:31 AM »

Thanks anyways mooshie. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out.
Thanks again.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007 02:31:54 AM »

Is it small, like an i-cord maker?  Perhaps it's a cousin of the knitting noddy, mushroom, etc. (search older posts).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paola Antonelli on Features of Designs
The Advantages of Print Cartoons Over Animation
The Cultural Importance of the New Yorker Cover Illustrations
The Benefits of Comic Books to Children
A Brief History of Comics
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...