A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery December 2007  (Read 4330 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2007 04:41:44 PM »

Smiley  Cheesy  Grin This swap gallery is intended as a way to recognize all the wonderful personal swaps that are done in this community!   Grin  Cheesy  Smiley

Personal swaps are not encouraged or supported by Craftster.  This is only a thread to post pictures from your personal experiences.  Personal swaps are not and cannot be tracked in Swap Feedback on profiles and should not be linked to Craftster's Organized Swaps in any way.

Folks who have participated in a personal swap and wish to share pictures of the items they have sent and received may do so by posting in this gallery.

Please note that this gallery is meant for those who have had a good experience with their personal swaps!  This is not the place to air your grievances about being "flaked" on...please keep it positive and give love to those awesome personal swappers! Wink

Each month a new gallery will be started.  If you have received from a personal/private swap, within the month, feel free to post pictures here!   Grin

Or browse previous galleries...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 11:18:48 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
faerykisses
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007 08:15:58 PM »

I wanted to post this great piece I recieved from Kishcrafts, I love Hello Kitty and she made me an original piece. My photo is crappy and does not give it justice. It has rhinestone detail and has black satin necklace that holds the charm. Thanks Kitsch!!!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007 08:19:16 PM by faerykisses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Faeries are irrational, poetic, absurd and very, very wise" Brian Froud

http://www.wists.com/faerykisses
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007 04:47:04 PM »

HoneyStar and I have been planning on a personal swap for months and we finally did it! Our theme was... Cute.
She made me all of this awesome stationery!

She painted me 2 paintings! Tare Panda, and an octo named bubbles! My stuffed Xmas octo (also named bubbles!) is holding them. Also a really pretty coin purse.

A purse! Hamster stuff!!

Stickers, a squiddy stuffie! Phone charms! Magnets!

And last but not least, a windchime!

Thank you Honey! You're awesome Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007 05:51:45 PM »

selkie and I private swapped. I made tatted spiders and she made me a gorgeous calorimetry! The yarn is so nice, the prettiest color

She knit the calorimetry twice! The first time was way too big, so she unravelled it and knit again.

For future calorimetry knitters, take note of this:
the second one is just a bit too big, too. Even though my head is 21" and the calorimetry is 21", there is a lot of stretch. I had to button the ends to overlap 4-5". So you need to take the stretch into account.

Okay, here are the pictures of my beautiful calorimetry (clickable thumbnails):
here is the bottom, buttoned:

this is the actual color, so pretty! a rosey-brown, with heather and bits:

this is the gorgeous, matching button from selkie's collection:

this shows the width size, about 7 inches:

Here's a top and side action shot:

Thank you so much, selkie!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007 05:52:16 PM by sewknitter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshoppin g.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
PurpleHeather
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007 01:10:22 PM »

Ooh - that Calorimetry is lovely Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007 01:31:48 PM »

Thanks PurpleHeather!

atsuko and I did a swap, and I got a BUNCH of great jewelry - my pics do not do these justice:

(clickable thumbnails)

this is a gorgeous bracelet to match my butterfly necklace:

This is a ruby red necklace, bracelet, and earrings, that will match HALF my clothes. (I love red.)

this is a wonderful green necklace with dangling earrings that will match many outfits, too:

Two cute little felt bears to add to my growing felt animal collection around my monitor!

this doesn't do justice AT ALL, but it is a wonderfully creative and beautiful necklace and a matching bangle bracelet:

And an overview of everything:

Thank you so much atsuko! I love it all. It is some of your best work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshoppin g.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
mimiw
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007 03:02:53 PM »

foldingj and I did a personal swap - he made items for my husband for Christmas and I made stuff for his wife.  He sent the most amazing package EVER!  I couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to my hubby so he got it Saturday for his birthday instead. 

First, the most fantastic, beautiful lamps.  I LOVE how the stenciled leaf projects on the wall!

Next, some coasters made out of baseball cards:

There was also a picture holder made of wood but I had to keep one thing for Christmas!  foldingj, if you want to post a picture of it please do so since I haven't gotten one yet.  Thanks so much for a great swap!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
heini
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007 09:55:47 AM »

Those lamps are fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007 03:17:04 PM »

foldingj and I did a personal swap - he made items for my husband for Christmas and I made stuff for his wife.  He sent the most amazing package EVER!  I couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to my hubby so he got it Saturday for his birthday instead. 

There was also a picture holder made of wood but I had to keep one thing for Christmas!  foldingj, if you want to post a picture of it please do so since I haven't gotten one yet.  Thanks so much for a great swap!!

Thanks. I had a blast making everything. Here are the pics of the picture holder.

If you look close, the two pictures are not identical. They are to show both sides of the picture holder. The holder is made from two different woods. One side is oak (typical brown orangeish color), the other side is poplar (lighter greenish color). I did this for flexibility. Depending on your decor, light or dark or traditional. You can just turn the holder around. Flexibility is key.
Just fyi, I am the one in the scuba picture and the one in the orange shorts in the kayak prep picture. Yeah, I got nice legs. lol. Enjoy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007 09:49:20 AM »

Here are the items I received for my personal swap with mimiw.

Items include homemade soap, hat and scarf, two sets of coasters, toiletry bag, and girlie bag. Most of the items I had made for my beloved wife, since she rarely gets things (other than from me of course). In return, I made for her the lamps, baseball coasters, and picture holders posted on this thread.
A big thanks to mimi for this great swap and a Merry Craftmas to all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simple Guide to Makeup Brushes
Tricks to Looking Good with a Sunburn
Beauty Trend: Glowing Skin Using Highlighters
Are Skin Products Doing More Harm Than Good?
A Lip Balm You Can Apply One-Handed
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...