A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,942
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for crafty chics in Toledo  (Read 2223 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pinky Damone
recovering..slowly but surely

My sewing machine is its own special brand of hell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 01, 2007 01:01:41 PM »

Hola crafty chicas! I just got married! Yaaaaaaaaaay me! And I'm moving to Toledo in a few weeks. So that means, I'm kind of breaking up with my crafty friends here. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but I'm anxious to meet other people wh love glue, buttons, thread, ribbons, and felt! That covers all of you right,...RIGHT! So I'd love to get together, start a group, learn where all the good thrift places are. I know no one in this town except for my husband and in-laws. HEEELLLPPP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY ETSY IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!
www.pinkydamone.etsy.com

PINY DAMONE BLOG
www.pinkydamone.blogspot.com

THIS WIST IS BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
http://www.wists.com/NiRoshaK
mamabear272
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007 04:43:13 PM »

I'm from Toledo! Congrats on the marriage! I do jewelry making and crochet. I thought I might jump into scrapbooking too. Not sure on that one yet. lol That would be cool to get a group together. I d am a stay at home mom and don't get out too much with adults. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molly
Pinky Damone
recovering..slowly but surely

My sewing machine is its own special brand of hell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007 05:27:32 PM »

Yesss! yesssss! A thousand times YEEEAAHHHHHHH! I'm super excited! Can you tell I don't know anyone! lol. I thought I was gonna have to wonder around the wal-mart and beg for friends!  I sew, make jewelry, and I've just got into embroidery. I transform all KINDS of stuff. I don't have any kids yet, maybe soon. But I'd love to be a stay at home mom, we'll see how it goes. In the mean time,  we must go garage saling..and out to show me the thrift stores~ I'm so stoked! I'm moving soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY ETSY IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!
www.pinkydamone.etsy.com

PINY DAMONE BLOG
www.pinkydamone.blogspot.com

THIS WIST IS BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
http://www.wists.com/NiRoshaK
Pedeka

I love being a girl.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007 01:02:24 PM »

Welcome to Northwest Ohio and congrats! Grin I think that it is very important that some kind of crafty group take place around here. I am thinking about trying to organize something in early 2008. I am kinda all round generally crafty, unless it has to do with yarn. I have the ability to make a skein of yarn turn into a giant knot by just looking at it. Thrift shopping is one of my favorite hobbies. St. Vincent DePaul's downtown is AWESOME for furniture and things that you didn't know existed. Let's keep in touch and actually make stuff happen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Janutituti
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008 09:05:20 PM »

Smiley Hello and welcome to the area!!!!  I'm currently in Bowling Green myself, which isn't too far from T-town and I'll likely be moving there in August.  Hmmmm.... as far as crafting goes I love to knit, make soap and am also just getting into embroidery and basically anything else I can get my hands on.....  However, I just had surgery on my right wrist and can't do anything - boooooo!  I'd love to join a crafty group though!  Here are some thrift stores you have to hit:  (some in Toledo, some in surrounding area)  Savers-Reynolds Rd.; Goodwill- Main St. BG (giant new store!) and various locations toledo; Crissy Road Thrift Store.....I'll have to think because there are more!  Also, I don't know where you are from originally but Detroit has tons of thrift stores that are well worth the trip.  Also keep an eye out for community wide garage sales listed in the Blade which will be starting up in the spring.... Oh there is also a flea market here in BG every month - can't remember the weekend off the top of my head though.....   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomickim
Retro Gal

D.I.Y, the only way to go!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008 06:03:46 PM »

hey i live in a tiny town named mcclure. its 15 minutes west of bowling green. originally from detroit! had to get used to the only fabric stores around me being walmart and joanns. and also getting used to having no one around me into d.i.y =/ it would be awesome to have a crafting group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thatcraftyrabbit

This bunny is crafty!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008 04:09:07 PM »

Im moving to toledo in june!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cooking With Miso
Sesame Chicken and Broccoli Recipe
Hearty Miso Soup Recipe
Easy Coconut Rice Recipe
Coconut-Indian Curry Chicken Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...