A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,928
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Vegetarian  (Read 3897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lutheranchick
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2005 11:36:23 AM »

If you like small meals and snacks, the Enchanted Broccoli Forest (cookbook) has a whole section devoted to just such recipes.  I would also look at foodtv.com for appetizer recipes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
Messily

do something pretty while you can

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2005 05:17:43 PM »

wat i like to do is eat many small meals (really small) throughout the day, like snacks. can u please post some recipes regarding this.

I'm a big fan of the Student's Vegetarian Cookbook, by Carole Raymond.  It has a lot of simple recipes with only a few ingredients, and plenty of small meal/snack-type foods.  Even if you're no longer a student, it's still a great resource for when you don't have a lot of time and/or money.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0761511709/qid=1106961307/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-0724404-2159810?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2005 06:03:39 AM »

Well, that wrap sauce was not garlicky tzaziki sauce since I couldn't find a non-yogurt recipe for that.  So I called and begged for the recipe.  Here it is:

Veggie Wraps:
1/2 cup each of feta, cucumber and onion
1/3 cup each of red pepper and tomato
1 Tbsp of sugar
Kraft Three Cheese Italian Dressing (or creamy dressing of your choice)
10 inch wraps

1.  Soak cubed cucumber in enough water to cover the cucmber and add the sugar.  Stir and allow to soak for at least 10 minutes.  Drain.

2.  Cube all remaining veggies and crumble the feta.  In a large bowl combine all the veggies and mix well.  Add the feta and mix again.

3.  Spread out the soft wraps and coat with about 1 Tbsp of the dressing. Top with the mixture and roll. 

4.  For party snacks: place toothpicks in the wrap to hold closed and cut into rings about 1 1/2 inches wide.  Serve chilled.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005 05:33:08 AM »

Now, I don't know why you decided to become a vegetarian, but yay! for you, as it really is very ecologically friendly. Which brings me to my next suggestion:
Please, please, please read "Diet for a Small Planet"!!! This is an old-school book about the ethical benefits of eating from the bottom of the food chain instead of the top, as well as practical tips, and some good recipes. I promise that reading this book will change the way you look at food.

Wow, I forgot all about this book!  I read it when I became a vegetarian 12 1/2 years ago.   Actually, this was the first book I purchased/read when I became veggie. Some things have changed since the book was first released, but still a very good book.  (Such a good book, in fact that it got stolen).

Best wishes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Head Accesories For the Summer
5 Products to Help You Look Great Post-Flight
Eyeliner to Make Your Eyes Pop
Summer Skin Care Products
Summer Makeup Palette Reviews
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...