A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 64
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap Round 9 discussion  (Read 25119 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: December 30, 2007 03:40:41 AM »

Busy busy busy...that's you all, not me. Cheesy I'm hoping my thumb will have healed enough to start doing things again before the next swap. I had such great plans to stock my shop over Christmas. I still have a couple of artworks waiting for me to finish them, and some cards and other papery things.

Is anyone interested in thrifted wooden beads? I have some I picked up back home that I'll probably never get around to using.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #601 on: December 30, 2007 04:44:27 AM »

Phizzy, hope your thumb gets better soon!! 

I need to do some budgeting too...

I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out what to make for this round.  HELP!!  Any suggestions?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadskydiver
« Reply #602 on: December 30, 2007 06:13:43 AM »

Ok, Just got back from vacation last night, wasn't supposed to be until Monday but we had to cut it short because somebody broke into our house on Christmas night/morning. Merry f@%^ing Christmas. Our next door neighbors called us and said hey, there's a ladder up the back of your house, thought you guys were on vacation. Ummm, we are. So, we called our house/pet sitter and asked them to check it out. They came over and actually walked up on the guy walking out of the house with our shotgun in his hand and he just strolled on down the road. The house sitter asked the neighbors to call the cops but they didn't, and they didn't realize it for like 10 minutes otherwise they may have caught the guy. The shotgun is pretty much the only thing he took. He even left the shells to the gun. He also took a backpack and maybe some clothes. The cops got a print they think. He busted open our shed and took some tools out of there that he used to break into the back door. Think we have to replace the door. We think he ate some food. And he did weird things like move food from the freezer to the refrigerator. But the computer, TV, jewelry, etc was all untouched from what we can tell. It's so weird being here and knowing someone else was walking around our house and using our things.

As for the parcel from dropdeadsuzie being undeliverable I pm'd her my sister's address to try directly but I'm not sure what was up with that, USPS being weird again. And thank you bkrenning4 for angeling as well. I will look through your shop as soon as I get a free chance but right now I think I'm going to try to call the insurance company now that we are finally home and have a chance to inspect the damages. Also have to set something up with a home security system ASAP so I can sleep. I hope to eventually have some time to craft for this swap again. Undecided

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #603 on: December 30, 2007 06:27:19 AM »

Crikey! I'm so sorry to hear that redheadskydiver! I hope your house sitter was able to give the police a good description of the guy. He sounds very weird!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #604 on: December 30, 2007 06:48:37 AM »

Ugh, that's awful RHSD.  I hope they can catch him soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #605 on: December 30, 2007 07:47:22 AM »

Having your home broken into is like being raped- it's a violation of personal space Sad I'm so sorry. I had my WoW account hacked the day after Christmas- that has made my after-Christmas not as fun as I'd hoped (but nothing like your real home, my virtual gear & cash will be replaced).

I on the other hand cleaned up & found a ton of fabric & supplies I had picked up here & there, so I don't need to shop, I got enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadskydiver
« Reply #606 on: December 30, 2007 07:58:40 AM »

The whole thing was very weird, don't know if he was interrupted when the house sitter showed up or if he was hoping to come back later with friends or what. The cops seem to think it might be a local crack head that saw us pack up and leave and knew the place was empty or someone who knew we were going out of town but he doesn't match anyone we know that we told we were leaving. The joys of living in New Orleans, although I guess it could happen anywhere. Anyone have a recommendation on home security systems? We're thinking Brinks. Also probably going to fence the back yard. It was hard getting to sleep last night that's for sure.

Oh, one more thing - there's a little voting thing for the January Knit Girl going on over here - http://www.badknitgirls.com/ for knitters with tattoo's. I'm not doing so hot in the polls since I've been out of town and haven't been able to promote myself so if you get a chance you can go over and vote for me! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #607 on: December 30, 2007 08:06:18 AM »

RHSD - just voted for you - I never really thought about being a tattooed knitter - but I guess I am since I have 3! Of course, they're all easily hidden - 'cept my spider on my big toe.
I hope they are able to find the person who broke into your house.
The holidays haven't been particularly cheerful around here - my son is back in the hospital - went in the 14th and is still there - my husband is military and 7000 miles away - holiday cheer has been more than a bit elusive this year.
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
redheadskydiver
« Reply #608 on: December 30, 2007 08:29:51 AM »

I'm sorry about the situation with your son Selkie. Having grown up an Army brat I know how tough military life can be at times. I hope your husband gets to come home soon.

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RubyTuesday
« Reply #609 on: December 30, 2007 08:38:21 AM »

RHS I'm so sad to hear about the brake in, glad he didn't take too much or do too much damage but I know one of the worst things is the fact that he was in your house  Sad ..I hope they find him

Selkie -I hope it's not too long until your husband comes home to you Smiley

Phizzy, hope your hand is soon back on crafty form  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook and Serve Lumpia
Make Sesame Chapati Bread Dough
How to Make Sesame Chapati Bread
Baking Sesame Chapati Bread
How to Make Chicken Adobo - Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...