A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mile-A-Minutes, Grannys & 16" Squares...oh my!  (Read 2978 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jienee
« on: November 29, 2007 07:06:10 PM »

I made a bunch of afghans for Christmas gifts last year and didn't get a chance to post them.  Here are a few of my faves.

Granny Mile-A-Minute Afghan (VINEYARD IN THE VALLEY):  Made for a huge Calgary Flames fan (NHL team).  I was lucky enough to find colors that matched exactly...she was quite impressed and loved it.

PATTERN INFO:  Vineyard in The Valley From Crochet for Caring and Sharing Pages 46-47 copyright 2004. Designed by Anne Halliday.

I got this pattern the Annie's Attic Free Pattern of the Day site.  It's been featured twice so there's a chance they'll post it again so I think it's worth checking out the site everyday just in case. http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

16" Squares Afghan (CHOCOLATE DREAMS AFGHAN):  Twelve 16" squares make up this afghan. I changed the colors for the center squares for a bit of contrast.  This was a birthday gift.

PDF LINK: www.spatulagraphics.com/HnC/ChocolateDreams.pdf

Mile-A-Minute (LW1247 SPRING FLING Coats and Clark Leaflet):  Another MAM that was quick and convenient to whip up.

PATTERN INFO:  Coats and Clark Leaflet LW1247 Spring Fling Afghan. Designed by Glenda Winkleman. Copyright 1999.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007 10:15:02 PM by jienee - Reason: added pattern information & links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007 07:19:35 PM »

those are wonderful!
Do you happen to have the pattern for the granny mam?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007 07:20:04 PM »

these are really pretty. I bet they'd make good tablecloths for small tables - like vanities...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
BoxOfRocks
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007 08:51:57 PM »

Great work!  Do you have the pattern for the outer squares on the second afghan?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007 09:15:51 PM »

wow wow wow o wow o wow. you rock!

i see 6 rows of 16 granny squares. what are the dimensions of the finished afghan?

same with the one with rows, i really like that. how many stitches in the initial chain? dimensions of finished 'ghan?
i am just wrapping up a queen sized granny rectangle afghan, man is it EVER big. next time i'm going a little smaller. whew.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
dinkems
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007 09:21:30 PM »

If you could find the pattern for the second afghan, I would be so happy. My grandmother made a blanket for me using that exact pattern and I would love to be able to make my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jienee
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007 10:03:27 PM »

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments...I'm blushing!  As for the questions about the patterns I'll answer each one and edit my post to include it with the pics.

Knichole: I got the Granny MAM pattern from Annie's Attic Free Pattern of The Day site.  It was featured twice so there's a possibility they'll post it again.  Check the site everyday because they might re-post it.

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

Here are the particulars for the pattern if you want to try eBay or other sources:  Vineyard in The Valley From Crochet for Caring and Sharing Pages 46-47 copyright 2004. Designed by Anne Halliday

BoxOfRocks & dinkems : Your wish is my command!  I am a jienee after all right?  Lame attempt at humor...heh heh!  Here's the PDF file for the pattern.  It's called "Chocolate Dreams Afghan" and the square size is actually 16" with 12 squares making up the whole afghan.  Enjoy!

PATTERN LINK: www.spatulagraphics.com/HnC/ChocolateDreams.pdf

BoxOfRocks: Forgot to mention that the center squares were made using the same pattern as the outer squares.  I just used two colors to add some dimension.

MonkeyThumb : The granny square afghan measured 50.5" x 69.5".  The finished dimensions for the chain afghan was supposed to be 48" x 66" but it came out a little shy of that (didn't take a final measurement).

Also, the strips are made in two layers...the first is with a row of repeating shells then the outer layer is crocheted in rounds around the shell row so there's no initial chain.

Talk about having flashbacks...I too tackled a queen-sized granny afghan a while back so I definitely feel your pain.  LOL!  Hang in there...the extra time and labor you're putting into it will make your afghan all the more special.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007 10:19:43 PM by jienee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007 06:50:21 AM »

thank you miss jienee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007 07:18:53 AM »

yes, thank you very much! you know it's amazing when every single post asks you for instructions, ha ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
dinkems
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007 11:33:47 PM »

A very belated but heartfelt thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peachpit TV: Photoshop CS4 Camera Raw Vignette Tip
Managing Large Files in CS4
Brush Resize in Photoshop CS4
Enhanced Smart Objects - PSCS4 Sneak Peek
Printing - PSCS4 Sneak Peek
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...