A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Happiest Little Girl Who Got a Sewing Machine for XMas!  (Read 946 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

homegirleh

this is not a llamatization!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 29, 2004 08:02:57 PM »

That would be ME! I went up from Tampa to Baltimore to visit my family for christmas and was surprised when I got my Very First Sewing Machine from my dad!
Its a Brother LS-2125 ( http://www.brother.ca/english/products/core/product.asp?Prodid=1126&features=on )
On TOP of that, my stepmom is a seamstress-- she has her own business and makes these amazing draperies for a living-- So, she let me raid her scraps box and I got a ton of pieces of these amazing Egyptian, Indian (etc) silks and jaquards that go up to 120$ a yard...so I find myself a very fortunate 15-year-old!

I've practiced a ton on my machine so far, and so I know how to use it just fine...my question is-- what on earth to make?! I can't begin to imagine.

I know you craftsters are sooo supportive and will help me celebrate! And, I just got my computer fixed, so I'll be able to post pictures of whatever I end up making (finally!)
wheee! --Alex
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rmember_myreply
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004 08:14:41 PM »

start out with purses! they are really fun to make, and are fairly easy for a first timer. a good one to try would be the jordy (of course!). a tutorial with very easy directions is located here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19288.0

that's so exciting, getting a sewing machine for christmas! i got my first one years back for christmas, also, my elna baby. HAVE FUN!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrazeeMoi
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004 04:41:16 PM »

Woohooo  you sew girl!!!   And yes, I would start with the Jordy purse.   Be sure to show us pics,  your fabric sounds so fantastic!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
homegirleh

this is not a llamatization!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004 08:05:05 PM »

w00t..I made a teeny jordy bag this afternoon, but out of some cheap-o fabric first! Pictures on the way...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellarswizzle
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004 03:10:00 PM »

i have a brother machine too... and i <3 it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fl_mariposa
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004 09:29:16 PM »

Congrats! That's awesome. Check out your local Joann's-they have sales all the time on patterns-they're $1 for anything but Vogue and Vogue is 75% off. You'll have lots of choices for cheap. Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

out of town until July 10th...I will respond to any messages then.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Cars
How to Draw Basic Flowers
How to Draw Basic Feet
How to Draw Basic Eyes
How to Draw Animals
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...