A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
356 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Drops 103-1 Cardigan  (Read 1909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sunny 74
« on: November 29, 2007 11:57:31 AM »

Everybody's doing it, it's the Drops 103-1 Cardigan, here shown in Rowan Plaid:

I think it turned out pretty well. The stitch patterns show up better in real life. I think this is one of those patterns that everybody does b/c it is cute, easy and adaptable to so many different yarns. Love it! Also love the yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back."

- Arthur Rubinstein
bopalena
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007 12:30:59 PM »

What do you think the skill level for this pattern is?  I've never made a sweater before and I'm  afraid it might be difficult.  I really like this pattern and would like to try it though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doozy38
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007 01:30:53 PM »

Love it!!  Now I have to make one! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rebeccar
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007 01:48:58 PM »

It looks really great! I made it a while ago (haven't posted any pics though) but I used the grey yarn used in the pattern. I love the colour of your yarn. I'm going to be a little more daring with the yarn choice the next time I make a sweater. Did you block it?

What do you think the skill level for this pattern is?  I've never made a sweater before and I'm  afraid it might be difficult.  I really like this pattern and would like to try it though.
It was my first sweater (actually my first project other than a very simple scarf) and I didn't have any actual problems with following the pattern. I think you should try it! It's a really fast knit as well. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunny 74
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007 03:58:41 PM »

I did not block it. Yet. I mean to, I just am enjoying wearing it and the 2-3 day loss is too much right now. I live in the South though, so it will get too warm to wear it any minute now and then I will block it to perfection ( or as perfect as it gets Grin

I think this would be an ideal first sweater - super simple shaping, easy knit purl combo for the pattern and chunky yarn all add up to beginner happiness, I think. A lot of people hate seaming, but with this gauge and stockinette at the edges the seaming was quite easy and so it is a good one for learning seaming too.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back."

- Arthur Rubinstein
spicecarrie
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007 05:57:03 PM »

Wow, it's so cute! I love the shape, it's very trendy. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bopalena
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007 09:41:20 AM »

It looks really great! I made it a while ago (haven't posted any pics though) but I used the grey yarn used in the pattern. I love the colour of your yarn. I'm going to be a little more daring with the yarn choice the next time I make a sweater. Did you block it?

It was my first sweater (actually my first project other than a very simple scarf) and I didn't have any actual problems with following the pattern. I think you should try it! It's a really fast knit as well. Smiley

thanks for the input!  I am so making this after Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EliGle

Thank you, won't you?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007 10:32:37 AM »

Is this your first Drops project? I'm a sweater-knitter and have oogled their designs, but I wasn't sure of the quality/friendliness of their patterns. What is your opinion/experience with their designs?

p.s. It's beee-yuuutiful; that's why I'm so inquisitive! I wants one!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no bum knees, where I come from.-Torgo the White
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Types of Oil for Your Skin
Glittering Beauty Backstage at Chanel Fall 2013
Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013 Backstage Beauty with Pat McGrath
Backstage Beauty - Deborah Lippmann Mani Cam
Birchbox and InStyle: How to Get a Holiday Party Makeup Look in 10 Minutes
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...