A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Rose By Any Other Name ... (+more [img obese])  (Read 1856 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darkdaughter

Y tu mama tambien.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 28, 2007 02:12:55 PM »

These are all destined to be pendants. When they are reborn into necklaces, I'll add a link here to their post on the Jewelry forum. For now, though:

Half-assed faux jade. I can do better, but didn't feel like it ... lol. :

Metallic Blue:

Metallic blue and coppery-gold:

Metallic red:

Translucent w/ tiny bit of red and TONS of red glitter:

Someone told me this one looks like porcelain. I kind of agree.

THis is one of the very first ones I made. It was black clay brushed with silver mica powder. Then drilled and added to a chain w/ swarovski crystals and faux black pearls. (The others are meant for a similar fate.)

This was just for fun. It's translucent mixed with a tiny bit of green clay, tons of glow-in-the-dark glitter, and some glow clay. I may turn it into a hairpin.

And some swirly lentil beads! These were kind of practice. I have Fimo, SculpeyIII, Premo, and Kato. So, I've been experimenting to see which clay makes these beads the best.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears. -Edgar Allen Poe

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. -Nietzsche

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
rainbowshoelaces
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007 02:20:39 PM »

i want one! these are so cute! i would totally wear one as a necklace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bellaluna

Impatient boys sometimes miss dessert

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007 02:41:56 PM »

Those are so beautiful, i love 'em. I like making the swirly lentil beads but i'm always worried about trying to put holes in them before baking. So i have a little stash with no holes. lol

great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veronica

My Etsy
My Flickr
My blog
I love personal swaps PM me
darkdaughter

Y tu mama tambien.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007 02:48:46 PM »

Those are so beautiful, i love 'em. I like making the swirly lentil beads but i'm always worried about trying to put holes in them before baking. So i have a little stash with no holes. lol

great job!

I do too ... LoL. If you use a stiffer clay, like Kato, it's easier to put holes. Or, stick your needle tool and your beads in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes on a glass or tile work surface (keeps the beads cool while you're working with them). Poke your hole on one side until you get to the center, then poke on the other side until it goes through. Practice on plain lentil beads so that you don't waste all your glittery swirly goodness if you mess up at first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears. -Edgar Allen Poe

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
Jennay2007
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007 03:33:46 PM »

Those roses are absolutely gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chellebeadz
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007 05:39:19 PM »

Love the metallic blue rose!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007 06:12:59 PM »

Half-assed faux jade...

Can't see how full-assed jade could be any cuter Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
beadizzygrl
Tutorial Contributor

My Perty Thangs......If the green light is on, I am home!!

MONSTER good luck coming my way!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007 08:14:31 PM »

WOW those Roses are so pretty!!  Cheesy
Your lentils look very very good too!
I have dabbled with polyclay almost 4 yrs now, and by far my fav brand for canes and beads is Kato.  YES it is harder to condition!  But the color stays true! and finish is wonderful even if you did not want to "glaze" them!   And no they are not paying me to say that!   Tongue
I am sure other poly clayers prefer other brands.  My daughter sculpts polyclay and she prefers the softer brands like Fimo and Premo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gina
I am not obsessed with Perty Thangs, I am disciplined...

I have alot to share, all you gotta do is ask.

Crochet, x-stitch, Ribbon embroidery, plastic canvas, beadwork, polymer clay, wire work, and now TATTING!!  Please help me learn to knit, then I might be complete.
PolymerJanna

I'm pro-crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007 11:45:24 AM »

what kind of glitter did you use that it did not burn in the oven?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkdaughter

Y tu mama tambien.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007 02:32:39 PM »

WOW those Roses are so pretty!!  Cheesy
Your lentils look very very good too!
I have dabbled with polyclay almost 4 yrs now, and by far my fav brand for canes and beads is Kato.  YES it is harder to condition!  But the color stays true! and finish is wonderful even if you did not want to "glaze" them!   And no they are not paying me to say that!   Tongue
I am sure other poly clayers prefer other brands.  My daughter sculpts polyclay and she prefers the softer brands like Fimo and Premo.

I loooove Kato. You're right, it's stiffer, but that is not always a bad thing. I prefer it to other brands for sculpting because I can't accidentlly bend a nose the wrong way. I have to want it to. I usually end up using a 75/25 mix of Kato and Premo! for flesh colored sculptures. Anyway, I use all the major brands because some qualities are better for certain projects, y'know?

what kind of glitter did you use that it did not burn in the oven?
Honestly, I always just use craft glitter that I bought at Joanne's. It came in a package of a bunch of vials. Pretty cheap and I've never had it scorch. I also use cosmetic glitter ... you know, the kind that come in muti-colored stacks at Claire's and other places like that. I've only had a scorching incident once and it had more to do with me accidentally leaving it in too long. Plus, that time I have put the glitter on the surface.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pre-made Scrapbook Pages
How to Put Together a Scrapbook
How to Put Together a Vintage Style Scrapbook
How to Choose Scrapbook Papers
How to Create Iron On Transfer Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...