A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: where can i purchase a pattern drafting paper?  (Read 8359 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muffins_Goes_RAWR
Don't get your bloomers in a bunch.

Glamour is art and I am my own work of art.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007 11:16:30 AM »

I usually just hit up Target and get rolls of wrapping paper.

With the holidays coming up, you can get like three rolls for $4 that have about 3-4 yards each.

You can just use the blank side of any christmas paper or buy the all plain white one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days, that are the most intriguing." - Alexander Wang
Hayate392
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007 01:09:49 PM »

i kinda like the butcher paper idea....but id be taping it together all day...i once did that.......never again......does anyone sell like the tissue paper on rolls?google isn't helping.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007 01:17:16 PM »

I know dick blick sells rolls of paper. I'm not sure if they have tissue paper. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dancingrabbit
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007 02:36:43 PM »

i kinda like the butcher paper idea....but id be taping it together all day...i once did that.......never again......does anyone sell like the tissue paper on rolls?google isn't helping.....

No, no... the stuff that comes on a roll.  It's only wide enough for one pattern piece at the time, but at this price that shouldn't be a problem.

Or just go to Hobby Lobby and buy their paper.  It's a couple bucks for 25 feet.

Or go to your local newspaper and ask for a roll of newsprint.

All those are cheaper options than buying actual pattern paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2007 07:55:05 PM »

If you really want tissue paper, you can just buy the packs of plain white tissue paper for gift wrapping. They're than less than a dollar a pack and you get a lot of sheets. You'd have to do some taping for large pieces, of course, and you can't use a felt-tip marker on them, only pencil or ordinary pens, but it's doable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
atomic mary
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007 08:07:55 PM »

i go to a medical supply store and get rolls of the paper doctors use for their examination tables. it's not quite wide enough for a pair of pants but almost. it's nice because it's see through and more durable then tissue paper. and not too expensive either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007 09:52:55 PM »

Can also go to your local newspaper place, they usually have rolls of the newspaper without the print.

Yeah, I think they call them "butt rolls". 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpottedFrog
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007 07:55:05 AM »

Ahem... I got some wrapping paper from the dollar store that has grid lines printed on the back! for perfect gift wrapping, of course. So if grid is what you want on wide paper scour the wrapping paper!

Tender Thoughts on the label & CLEO on the paper itself for name brand refrences.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hayate392
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007 05:58:28 PM »

hmmmmmm these are all good ideas XD
i think i'll try the medical paper rolls first.... wonder what they're called......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007 05:47:51 PM »

I got some wrapping paper from the dollar store that has grid lines printed on the back! for perfect gift wrapping, of course.

That's a good idea, especially with the post-Christmas sales coming up.

The oddest thing I have used wasn't paper at all, but a cheap plastic tablecloth from the party supply aisle in, I think, a Dollar General. Someone said it was a good idea. Pros: They're really big, they're easy to see through, and you can use Sharpies on them. Cons: They're slippery, and I found myself obsessing that I might stretch it (where lightweight paper would tear if you accidentally pulled against it, the plastic might stretch). I'll probably stick to various kinds of paper in future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Berry Cobbler Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Holiday Sugar Cookie Recipe
Raw Southern Style Cherry Cobbler Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...