A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 309,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: how to make a stuffed donut practical...?  (Read 1090 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

happycabbage
« on: November 28, 2007 01:15:33 AM »

firstly, you get a story! a few years ago my boyfriend and i went to florida to visit his grandfather and his wife. we ended up going to the dunkin donuts often enough that they invited us back after closing to give us a few donuts they would otherwise have to throw out. of course, we happily obliged. and ended up carrying back what turned out to be 25, yes, twenty-five pounds of donuts. no exaggeration. and its kind of been a running joke. so i really wanted to make a bunch of stuffed felt, actual size donuts presented in a donut box as a joke. but with all that work id like for them to be useful also and not get set aside. they're not the kind to need pincushions. they'd be too huge for magnets. too thick for coasters. and i don't see them keeping anything decorative made with them on display really. any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i dont have a signature.....
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007 03:43:34 AM »

If you celebrate Christmas, Christmas tree ornaments!
That or cat toys - stuff with catnip - might need cats for that one...
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007 06:31:48 AM »

attach them to a frame - a donut picture frame would be pretty awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
barbee
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007 06:39:18 AM »

Such a cute idea, I have many running jokes I try to turn into projects too. Glad I'm not alone.
Maybe you could do mini donuts and put them on a wreath as a decoration to be used all year round and present it in a clean donut box. Or maybe on a clock, 12 donuts is each hour. Not sure full sized ones would work but mini ones would work even out of felt if you got a big enough wood piece. That's all I could think of right now but now I'm lookinga round my house for anything "donut sized"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happycabbage
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007 11:51:07 PM »

ooh! too many ideas now! Smiley i may have to leave them to decide what to do with them. or run them by the boy and see what he thinks. thank you all for the ideas. you make my life easier! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

evaberry
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007 12:16:57 AM »

Is it really compulsory for them to be actual size? I'm sure the joke would work if they weren't. You could probably think of more things if they were bigger (like cushions!) or smaller (magnets). The only thing I can think of that's donut-sized and round are those rings you put around candles... but then they couldn't be felt (too flammable). Or it could be one of those games, you know where you throw the rings and try to get them onto a stick? Like this: http://www.school-tech.com/tossgames1.html.

Or they could be pouches of some sort, like coin purses, but who needs 6 coin purses...? Maybe the game is the most viable idea, if you can fit the stick into/onto the box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happycabbage
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007 09:14:51 PM »

Is it really compulsory for them to be actual size? I'm sure the joke would work if they weren't.

They needn't necessarily be true size, I just wanted to see them panic inside for that split second before realizing they aren't real. But I'm sure they'd be equally scared of miniature donuts too. Small would be great too. I like the magnet idea. Or maybe a cute checker set. chocolate vs. powdered! And the ring toss would probably go over well too. Thanks for the ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Voluminous Barbie Ponytail Tutorial
5 Ways to Fight Off Frizz
Salon Giving Back Through Beauty
2 Hot Hair Trends From Hollywood’s Top Celebrity Hair Stylist
How to Get an Easy Waterfall Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...