A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,100
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: LET ME MAKE YOUR CRAFT SWAP II (Signup CLOSED; Final Mailout Feb 28)  (Read 5527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xmelinda
« on: December 29, 2004 11:34:13 AM »

Swap name: Let Me Make Your Craft II
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: xmelinda (Melinda Hautala)
Sign-up date range: Dec 29--Jan 9
Date to send item by: After signups are finished, I will give everyone 10 days to mail out supplies (Jan 19).  Then, allowing for time it takes supplies to arrive to each crafter, everyone will have a bit more than a month to complete crafts and send them out -- final mailout date will be Feb 28.

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes, if enough people are willing to ship overseas

All ages allowed? Or 18+?  18+, please

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer has been a member for at least 1 month and will
make sure that every participant has been a member for
at least 1 month: YES

Details of swap:

We all have some craft supplies in our stash that are things you bought or picked up or saved because it just seemed like surely you could make something out of it.  But it's been in your stash for a while now, waiting for its chance to shine.  Gather up some of these random supplies from your stash and send them to your partner, whom I will assign.  That person will receive your supplies, make crafts out of them, and send the finished objects to you before the end of February.

When you receive supplies, you may make one thing using all or most of the supplies, or you may make a whole bunch of things.  You may add other supplies if necessary to complete a project, and you may have leftover supplies that you don't use.  Leftovers should be added to your own stash -- but please make every effort to use up as much as you can, as it's not really fair to just keep the supplies.

This is an exercise in broadening your creative mind and getting you out of a rut.  First, it's a challenge to come up with crafts from a set group of supplies, and Second, it's inspiring to see how others thought to use supplies you didn't know what to do with.  It's really very fun.

See here for ideas and inspiration, the gallery from the first of these swaps:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12265.0

Please PM me if you have any questions!

Melinda  Grin

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?

**Are there any items you would rather not receive (i.e. you don't wear earrings or you live in Florida and don't really need mittens or whatever)? 

**Anything else you'd like me or your partner to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005 09:23:14 PM by xmelinda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
OTsoccer3
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004 06:31:05 PM »

I really want to do this, but i am not over eighteen yet! Could you make an acception? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005 12:32:19 PM »

Just an update on who's signed up so far for this swap.  Holy cow, 18 people!  This will be great!  There's still time to sign up if anyone else wants in -- deadline is Sunday the 9th.

xmelinda
QueenofSwords (my sister!)
Sparky1131 (my other sister!)
ReesaRe
DeniseM
lilmissdogooder
IQJones
ChtzpahGrrl
jessicakes
Freckles
Kayceeann
Hawaiilove
DithMer
silloh_77
mthompson828
seapj
pellzin
Hanabi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiquidScissors
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Who would of known

Hank's a bomb. Long story.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005 11:17:53 AM »

wow I really hope that there is a third one of these.  I just looked at the thread from the first round and it looks amazingly fun!  I hope you all can post pictures this time too!  I am just excited to see what everyone did, even tho i couldnt be a part of it.  maybe next time..i mean hopefully next time!!

-Liquid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Is it because you killed a whole bunch of ninjas while it was playing? So now it reminds you of ninjas?"
mthompson828

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005 12:03:03 PM »

When can we expect our assignments?   I'm antsy to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005 05:23:26 PM »

Sorry for the delay!  We have TWENTY-FOUR swappers  Shocked so it took me a while to get everyone matched up.  I started to post partners earlier today, and my computer was acting screwy.  I had the whole thing typed in and it just disappeared.  The computer guy at work spent 2 hours trying to fix it and is going to have to just reformat and reinstall everything tomorrow.  Oh brother.

So, anyway, I'm at home and I've got assignments for everyone.  I will probably have to send the addresses tomorrow, but I will go ahead and give partners now, because I know the suspense is killing you  Wink  I may be able to do it later tonight, if I can kick hubby off the computer...

Remember that for this swap, you sort of have 2 partners -- 1 to whom you will send supplies, and 1 who will send supplies to you and to whom you will return a box of coolness.

At any time, if you have questions, PLEASE do not hesitate to ask me!  At any time, if you have problems, PLEASE do not hesitate to let me know!

You should send out supplies by JANUARY 19.  When you receive the supplies, you will have until the end of February to make things and send them out to the person who sent you the supplies.  A good looooong time!

Here are the partners.  The list goes like this:

xmelinda --> WILL SEND SUPPLIES TO --> IQJones

This means that IQJones will make stuff with my supplies and send stuff back to me.  Make sense?  It's a little bit confusing, I think.

Perhaps it was inevitable with this many people, but I screwed up!  I accidentally left out 706Designs, but I've shuffled partners a bit and it should all work out now.  This should only affect 3 people, and they've been PM'd, but here anyway is the revised list:

xmelinda --> IQjones
QueenofSwords --> dixie_terror
Sparky1131 --> DithMer
DeniseM --> alison
lilmissdogooder --> 706Designs
IQJones --> QueenofSwords
jessicakes --> seapj
Freckles -->DeniseM
Kayceeann --> Hanabi
DithMer --> jessicakes
silloh_77 --> Freckles
alison --> Kayceeann
seapj --> Hawaiilove
Hanabi --> lilmissdogooder
dixie_terror --> xmelinda
ReesaRe --> pellzin
ChtzpahGrrl --> knitkitty
Hawaiilove --> ChtzpahGrrl
mthompson828 --> JackieM27
pellzin --> mthompson828
knitkitty --> silloh_77
ImAKite --> ReesaRe
JackieM27 --> LiquidScissors
LiquidScissors --> ImAKite
706Designs --> Sparky1131

Please post or PM me if you have any questions!  AND PLEASE PM ME IF YOU SEE ANY OTHER MISTAKES!  Sorry for the confusion, guys!

Melinda
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005 02:12:56 PM by xmelinda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

xmelinda
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005 09:22:53 PM »

I have finished sending out partner assignments, so if you did NOT receive a PM from me and you should have, please PM me as soon as possible.

Remember, you should send a package of random supplies to your first partner by January 19.  HAVE FUN!

Thank you for your patience  Grin

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mthompson828

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005 12:07:46 PM »

Well I sent out my box to JackieM today, and it's a good thing too, cuz when I got home, I heard a crash in the basement, and went down, and MY ENTIRE BASEMENT IS UNDER 4 INCHES OF WATER!  We had a big snow melt last night, followed by a lot of rain today, and I guess it all just came up through the floor.  So far I found 3 boxes of craft supplies that are going to the dump.   Cry  It turns out that the crash was a couple of the boxes on the bottom of a pile that were waterlogged giving out and dumping everything on the pile into the water.  Waaah.  I just raided those boxes yesterday for supplies too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xmelinda
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005 01:14:30 PM »

Oh, that's horrible!!  Cry  Well, the silver lining is that now you have an excuse to buy new supplies...

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mthompson828

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005 01:31:18 PM »

Eek! While I was sweeping water (fortunately we have a sump pump down there, although we never needed it before!) I scared a big ole salamander half to death.  Or she scared me.  Anyway, I wasn't expecting to find THAT!

As for supplies, I'm unemployed so won't be buying anything new for awhile.  Sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
How to Make Mixed Berry Cobbler
How to Make Caramelized Squash & Apple Crisp
Would You Order or Rent One of These Cakes?
Spiced Butter Cookies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...