A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,846
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoid Tin w/ a Christmas Twist?!  (Read 390 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kirashii
« on: November 27, 2007 11:09:08 AM »

Kay so I think I just had a major awesome idea, but I don't know. That's why I'm posting here for feedback!

Awhile ago, I tried to get my mom and best friend involved in the Altoid Tin swap. But, alas, they weren't signed up for long enough. NOW, they are.

ANYWAY, my idea is this. It would be like the Altoid Tin swap, you would choose 5 themes you wouldn't mind receiving (Like, asian, purple, coffee, cats, and candy) but instead of just crafting any little items to fit inside the tin, you craft ornaments related to the craft! So if you wanted to craft for the Cats theme, craft the altoid tin according to "cats" and also make an ornament to fit inside the tin related to the theme.

I would like to make this more encompassing to other holidays, but I don't know much about them. If anyone else has ideas on this, please post! Cheesy Also, it would be a short and small swap since Christmas is SUPER busy. You just craft one altoid tin, and ONLY things big enough to fit inside the tin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Kira
<3
Pop my Personal Swap Cherry! Interested in Personal Swaps!
My wists
Astica
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007 12:56:16 PM »

Personally I celibrate Hanukkah - but I certainly think it is a fair assumption to assume that most Craftsters here celebrate Christmas.

I participated in both the stocking swap (asked for a Hanukkah Stocking XD I'm sure it'll be awesome <3 ) as well as the pringles can Holiday Swap (I got some awesome stuff - keychains, hair clips, gloves, A t-shirt with my hebrew name on it Cheesy ) so it's pretty easy to make something holdiay themed instead of just christmas.

I warn that if you want to do a Christmas-themed Swap, you should get things running really soon... the post starts to slow down, and you want to give people, most likely, over a week to craft. If someone's flaked on, it'd be nice if you could get an angel to send to them before Christmas.
Just some things you might want to think about <3

But good luck! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Futurist Films
The Muse of Barry Ptolemy
The Morality of Filming South African Vineyards
Photoshop CS5 Beta Review
Censorship and Slashers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...