A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Misc. T-Shirts (tree, Alex Kapranos, Solemite)  (Read 1270 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

backspace
« on: December 29, 2004 03:04:53 AM »

I have finally gotten around to posting these. I use wax paper and fabric paint for my stencils. All of these are designed by me, if for any reason you'd like them I can post/send you the jpg.

This one says baum, it's German for tree. My Germ 2 teacher liked it, a lot.

My friend is completely in love with Alex Kapranos, of Franz Ferdinand fame, so I made her a shirt for her birthday. The colors are off though, it's really periwinkle with white paint.

And finally, one of the first stencils I ever did. This one was done the day of the last show ever played by Solemite, so it's not real detailed. They were a really great band from a nearby city, Oakland. The "S" is their logo, kind of, and those are some of their lyrics that fit the situation perfectly. My sister made one along the same lines, different words and stuff though, the band loved them both.

Back, just the band name, it was centered between the shoulders.

-Jenna

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011 08:50:47 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
minority1039
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004 07:00:24 AM »

that last one is really good for one that you started with.  My first stencil came out all funck... what method  did you use??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He's had a stroke... of GENIOUS!
backspace
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005 02:40:48 PM »

I make the stencil in photoshop, print it, tape it to a cutting mat, tape waxed paper over it, cut out the stencil from the waxed paper, spray the back of the stencil with spray adhesive, stick it to the shirt, and fill it in with a stencil brush and fabric paint. The stencil is one-time use only, but I'm hoping if I can get ahold of some acetate I can make longer lasting ones without much of a difference in technique or outcome. I tried this stencil plastic stuff, but it was really thick and took over 45 minute to cut out one stencil.

-Jenna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jokke
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006 11:45:26 AM »

Great xD I should make one for my German teacher xD then she'd actually think I could do German.. deutch is suuuch a difficult preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'language...seriously'), I dint think about which gender my words are before I say them Dx hm.. I think mine would say "Christmas tree" instead though.. or something weird.. like toiletpaper.. in deutch..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

It's a craft to the death...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006 01:24:58 PM »

AAAHHH! I LOVE Solemite! They are totally the most rockin band. I always look forward to them rolling through my town. Kinda sucks though, a lot of our venues are closing. ARG!

Anyway, the shirts are rockin, and I'm totally partial to the Solemite one  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chelybel16
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006 03:36:57 PM »

these are really nice i think the tree is my favorite though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Step Inside The Carriage House With Author Louisa Hall
Dr. Mike Moreno on Why Moving Is So Important
Tracy Guzeman on Her Debut Novel, The Gravity of Birds
Jessica Buchanan on Her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team Six
Enhanced Book on Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...