A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,181
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Varmint Voodoo Doll UPDATE: Packaging Photo Added!  (Read 9087 times)
Tags for this thread: squirrel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 25, 2007 03:23:39 PM »

So, the ManFlesh has a problem with squirrels.  They have gotten into his house - and not just the attic, but the house-house AND chewed up part of the lovely built-in in the dining room of his lovely 1914 house!  They've made a mess of his attic insulation and have been known to get the pets all riled up with all their scritch-scratching around.  So he loathes them, while at the same time would never hurt an animal.   So to help him vent a little, for Christmas he's getting his own Varmint Voodoo Doll: Squirrel Edition.

This is not the type of squirrel that we have around here, but it is a copyright-free image and I think that the pointy ears and claws make it look appropriately evil.  The red eye is a sequin sewn on for the same reason.

I made shrink plastic pins to go with it.  He's put up hardware cloth over attic vents to prevent their entry represented by the red/grid patterned pin.  There was also an incident when a squirrel was in the house being chased by his cat, followed by his sister's Malamut, followed by his Lab/Rottweiler mix, followed by him with a broom represented by the other pins..  No harm came to the squirrel, but it was "swept away" outside.

The back where I labeled it with a super fine Sharpie.  I wish I'd thought to include the label info on the squirrel side.

I just happen to have this black box and large labels, so I made this package.  I'll wrap it in wrapping paper, too, when I give it to him.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007 07:51:59 PM by TheMistressT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lamantin
Procraftinator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007 03:26:26 PM »

HEElarious. The pins push it over the top into total and complete awesomeness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hulk angry! Hulk STASH! /  http://procraftinator.wordpress.com
lelemonade

Ain't no rest for the wicked...!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007 03:35:19 PM »

Lol, this rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunny_bunny
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007 04:20:29 PM »

I can't believe how amazing this is!  I've been lurking for a bit, but this business is worthy of an actual post.  The same thing happened to my brother and his family, and oh how I wish I'd been creative enough to think of this!  Kudos to you for possesing such crafty skills.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007 04:27:32 PM »

Thanks everyone for such high praise! I had fun getting it all planned and am quite pleased with the results.  It's practically killing me to wait until Christmas.  There have been several times already that I've almost accidentally mentioned something about it to him and I just made it yesterday.  Arg!  I'm pretty sure he's going to get a HUGE kick out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeltwaySpinner

Living the Dream

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007 04:31:49 PM »

Love it Love it.  Hitting This Rocks.

How did you transfer the image?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007 05:03:27 PM »

Love it Love it.  Hitting This Rocks.

How did you transfer the image?

Well, thanks!  I printed it directly on fabric sheets that you can buy to go into your ink jet printer (laser printers won't work).  I've had it for years (in fact, I didn't have to buy anything to make that - yey!).  It says on the package that it's washable.  It also says DO NOT USE DETERGENT.  To me, that's not really washable, so I'm kind of limited to what I can use it for.  However, all those nifty things that can go through printers have improved a lot over the last couple years, so maybe there's a truly washable kind out now.  FYI, pins will leave holes in that side now, so I didn't pin it when sewing it together and didn't stick any of the voodoo pins in it for quality control purposes (or for fun). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeltwaySpinner

Living the Dream

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007 05:29:37 PM »

I printed it directly on fabric sheets that you can buy to go into your ink jet printer (laser printers won't work). 
I haven't seen fabric sheets that go into a printer.  I will have to look for them as they seem convenient.  I did find this link: http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/313-0-0-39-121.html to use your own fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheMistressT

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007 05:42:21 PM »

I printed it directly on fabric sheets that you can buy to go into your ink jet printer (laser printers won't work).
I haven't seen fabric sheets that go into a printer.  I will have to look for them as they seem convenient.  I did find this link: http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/313-0-0-39-121.html to use your own fabric.

Ahhhhh, now that I see that, I think I've seen something like that on a craft show on HGTV sometime.  I bought mine at a craft store here in the Portland, Oregon area called Craft Warehouse and have seen a selection of them at Fabric Depot, which has an online store.  Please share what you make, when you get to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

punkedoutprincess
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007 05:57:05 PM »

LOL That is too cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tex-Mex Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
How to Make Corn Biscuits with Andouille Gravy
How to Make Monte Cristo Sandwiches with Little Big Town
How to Make a Ramen Burger
Five & Dine: Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...