A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: how to make cute hair bows?  (Read 990 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fashionxdaisy
« on: November 25, 2007 02:55:00 PM »

I see all these cute hair bows and i want to learn how to make them. If someone can make a tutorial that woud be amazing! I cant just look at a picture and try to figure it out. i want to make cute bows like this-

http://www.rocknruin.co.nz/site/rocknruin/images/thumb/emo_pink_leo_hair_bows_thumb.jpg

http://www.rocknruin.co.nz/site/rocknruin/images/thumb/emo_scene_pink_polka_skull_bows_thumb.jpg

NOT LIKE THIS-

http://www.sosweetboutique.com/fpdb/images/girls-hair-bows-JN-mult-3-5-2.jpg

also where can you get clips to glue the bows on?

thanks everyone!!!!! =]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007 04:27:39 PM by fashionxdaisy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silver Star
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007 03:59:36 PM »

If I'm right about what you're thinking of...

... You first start off with a rectangular shape piece of fabric with all the edges nicely trimmed/sewn. Then what you want to do is fold it like an accordion/fan. Next, with a strip of fabric, bind it in the middle to get that bow shape and sew or either glue it down so that the strip of fabric can hold the folds in shape. Open up the edges and mold the folds to the desired look of your bow, then you can place your bow on a snap clip, or what have you.
Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Project:
N/A = 0%
M-alina

Play in the sunshine, or dance in the rain...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007 05:13:51 PM »

You can also take a long rectangle, with finished edges (mine were made of t-shirt parts, so they're all raw edges), then sew the two shorter ends together, making a circle (think broccoli rubber band). Tack it down in the middle (with a qiuck stitch or hot glue) and stitch a little band piece over the tack-ing.  For the ones I made over the summer, using barrette clips, I hot glued the center of the bow onto a barrette, then wrapped the center band around the bottom of the barrette as well.

The black one shows the underside of the barrette, with the cross bar piece taken off, for a better view, the pink and black has a better contrast to see the band piece, and the blue one just has a button on it, because you can put fun stuff on the band before attaching it to the bow, like the skull picture you had...

You can get barrette clips and probably other kinds as well at Joann's or Hobby Lobby, or whatever your usual craft store is... Bows are fun!!  ...yeah, that's all I got!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The yarn seduced me, I swear!!

(\_/) Help Mr. Rabbit take over.
(o.o) He eats the nonbelievers...
(> <) Copy Mr. Rabbit or be EATEN!
Proxima
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007 06:35:59 AM »

If the bows are small, you can use a wide ribbon for the base of a bow and some thin to enlace the centre. I think you can glue them on some cheap, normal hair pins or barrettes, but the elastic sewn in a circle will also be a good base. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Walking through the glass of mirror,
going to most distant star,
looking for the higher tenor,
journey leading far and far.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Labrador Pupcake Recipe
How to Make 4th of July Marshmallows
How Milk Chocolate Gets Made
How to Make Raspberry and Passion Fruit Tarts
Dirty Mint Chip Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe with Coolhaus Ice Cream
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...