A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where is your everyday-place to find free stuff?  (Read 9398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

photochickkds

"I love swaps!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008 10:08:22 PM »

ok so this may sound a bit stupid but the craftster admin leah posted a major topic on the ethics of ordering free samples and it started with people taking advantage of free samples on crafting websites that other people listed on the thread here. she said it got out of hand and in looking for this thread i found the one titled "where to find free stuff" etc but it doesnt seem that its out of hand because i dont see many posts on there with advice... so anyone know if I am lookin in the same spot?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I feel when I'm old I'll look at you and know the world was beautiful"

MAJOR ETSY SALE!
HELP ME CLEAR OUT MY STOCK!!! EVERYTHING MAJORLY DISCOUNTED!!!
www.redsundesigns.e tsy.com
Magic8
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008 03:32:51 PM »

I get all the old swatch and sample books from a local curtain shop, they carry some really gorgeous fabrics, and some of the samples are quite big, like the size of a small curtain...  They're only too happy to give them to me - they'd be going in the rubbish otherwise.

Freecycle is a great source.

I've also got people hoarding recyclables like magazines, aluminium cans and glass jars and bottles for me Smiley

I'm into recycle crafts mostly, so actually clearing out my own house yielded tons of stuff  like old clothes, cardboard, junk mail flyers etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imokaynow
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008 08:49:10 PM »

Not quite free, but I have found that when looking for vinyl records to use for crafting that can be a bit scratched, I go into thrift shops/antique shops and ask if they have any sub-par quality records that they would be willing to sell at a discount. I had one store that sold them to me at a huge discount and was even willing to work in bulk if I ever had the need. For them it was freeing up storage space that was housing products that they wouldn't normally put out for sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holiday Specials Now Listed!  http://smerchant.etsy.com
craftygal76
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008 08:54:20 AM »

im always checking our dumpster..i found a sewing table when u open it, u have a large table to have the material lay on then u pull up ur sewing machine & i have lots of storage!..i couldn't believe some1 actually threw it out!..my hubby fixed the broken latch that supports the sewing machine. then i decoupaged it & painted it white!..i've also found a couch & a pc desk that each just needed some minor repairs..
When i found that sewing table i was actually on the market for a sewing table..i just got lucky!..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife to Cary & mom to 5 awesome kids!
Magic8
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008 07:39:55 AM »

When i found that sewing table i was actually on the market for a sewing table..i just got lucky!..

The law of attraction in action Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le-Chat
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008 10:15:25 AM »

About a month ago the man in my life brought me a dress dummy from the trash. Oh, I loved him that day. I have been looking to get one for free for years. The foot is broken, but it's not a problem. I'm still thrilled when I look at it. There are some pics in my most recent blog posts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Read about my t-2-t adventures and my own ecclectic way of recycling:
http://trashcollector.blogspot.com

Buy eco-friendly in my Etsy Shop:
http://LeChatCrochet.etsy.com
jillybean0216
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2008 07:07:56 PM »

Not that this will help for Christmas gifts, but Krispy Kream donuts throws away what's left at the end of the day so if you catch the employees at the right moment you can load up on way more donuts than you would probably care to eat  Smiley

OK, that's my kind of suggestion!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jill
MyFavoriteColorIsGreen
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009 10:00:24 PM »

craigslist.com. there is a free stuff section. you can post an ad if you are looking for something specific.
you could also try talking to thrift stores. im sure they get tons of stuff they cant use and you can turn it into something really neat! [color]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samjohn
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013 11:27:58 PM »

I think there is no place to get free stuffs, except from municiple grabage bin. Don't mind!
Other options to get it from relatives, friends, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recycle + Conserve + Sustainability = Save Earth
my website
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013 03:12:27 PM »

Any place college kids live!!! I used to live in a aparment building that was mostly college kids and wow the goodies they threw out! this week I got around $300 of bar signs from the dumpster outside my house, got two laptops the week before, a plant stand, a BRAND NEW cat tree with one peice broke, and of course, my favorite find, a bunch of booze bottles! I can usally find somthing every weekend
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Best Natural Skin Care Products
Three Beauty Products That Moisturize With Hyaluronic Acid
Top 3 Antioxidant-Packed Snacks for Beautiful Skin
DIY Lip Plumper
Cindy Crawford and Sonia Kashuk Share Makeup Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...