A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafted Nursery (PIC HEAVY)  (Read 3328 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ellie.henry
« on: November 24, 2007 07:33:14 PM »

I have spent 9 long months working (slowly) on my baby's nursery. We didn't know the sex until a few days ago when we had to have a special US. Well it is a GIRL!! Willow Susan should be gracing us with her presence any time now, so I had to get the room done done done. Nesting instinct here I go! So here are the fruits of my labors Smiley

I started with white walls and an empty room! Don't mind the clutter in some of the pics hehe, I am still cleaning up!

I painted the walls a buttery yellow and put up border in Cathy Heck's "Little Pond" pattern, which the nursery is based on. I covered this hideous lamp, sorry I don't have a before pic, and painted it white. It looked like it belonged in a 1970's basement before!

The dresser came next. It had been mine all my life, and has suffered many paint jobs, but here is before:

and here is after. I hand painted the baby giraffe from the pattern on the top drawer.

I made covers for the changing pad, and some sides for the table as well to keep things from being shoved off the shelves.

this is a close up of the fabric in "Little Pond."

The rocking chair was a bit beat up and got a new cover too.

and here is a close up of the upholstery fabric for the chair and ottoman.

I made a ruffle for above the window, and a bed skirt as well. I only have a photo of the ruffle.

I made a wall hanging out of a piece you are supposed to use to make a blanket. I already purchased the blanket with my bumpers and head board so I thought it would make a nice decoration.

I lastly, finding out it was a girl, made Willow a wall collage of her name. I used some simple wood cut outs and hand painted it. They are stuck up with those nifty 3M peel and stick things!

I hope you like it as much as I do, and I welcome all comments Smiley Ellie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007 08:02:07 PM »

Oh, your new nursery looks just beautiful and your hard work has definitely paid off!  Smiley  What a cheerful room for your baby to be in.  Congratulations on the new addition to your family and definitely post pics of mommy and baby in her pretty room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
Chubby Pixie
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007 08:03:38 PM »

Congrats on the new baby.  I love the yellow you choose and you did a fabulous job on the dresser.  I'm sure baby Willow will love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sherryc
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007 01:05:42 AM »

Many congratulations on your upcoming bundle-o-joy!  She's starting out life in beautiful surroundings!
My daughter blessed me with my first grandchild 20 months ago....I washed, dried, ironed and folded several hundred dollars worth of beautiful baby girl clothes, based on ultrasound results....and out popped a little boy! Obviously a bashful little guy, as he kept his goods well hidden until the moment he appeared. What a shock, and a fabulous surprise....luckily, his mommy had plenty of friends expecting baby girls, so nothing went to waste. Either way, babies are the most wonderful things in the world, and it warms my heart to see you so enthusiastic about your little one.  Best of luck in your adventure as a mommy.....hold on tight, 'cause you're in for the ride of your life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwi
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007 11:12:02 AM »

Very pretty room!

Congrats on the baby! Willow is a very beautiful name Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellie.henry
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007 01:59:29 PM »

Hopefully we don't have any surprises, but she waited untill month 8 to let the goods be seen  Grin A bashful girl! I completely forgot to post pictures of the room finished, and not in pieces lol. I will put them up tonight when I get home. The crib, my favorite, is just a dream to look at!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
fastlanemama
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007 03:51:16 PM »

You did a fantastic job!  Willow has a very talented & creative mommy.  I love that dresser.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007 11:06:00 AM »

AAAWWW! So pretty and cute. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadco123
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007 09:46:22 AM »

Little Willow is blessed with a wonderfully crafty mom!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PegasusMarsters
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008 04:51:26 AM »

Awww! You're such a crafty mummy! What a beautiful room. I love it and I'm all growed up. I was like "Shocked it has elephants!!!" I love your work on the painted giraffe! Way to go mummy! ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 stuffies, cute things and anything totally rad.

Add me on messenger if you wanna talk ^.^
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
One-Stop Shop for the Best in Beauty
Burgundy Eyes and Lips Tutorial
Allover Bronzer Tips
Megan Moore on Your Makeup Must Haves
The Look of Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...