A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gifts for a quilter - help please!  (Read 563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feel the Illinoise
« on: November 23, 2007 04:45:15 PM »

So I drew my coworker's name for the gift exchange at workplace, and I'm a little stumped. I would like to do something crafty for the final big present, but not sure what to do. She is really into quilting, and makes beautiful quilts but doesn't really buy them for herself since she can make them. She also likes music, reading, and cats (just LOVES her cat).

I can't be really crafty on her smaller presents during the week, because I had her last year too, and she found out how crafty I was  due to that. And I don't want her to guess it is me and take all the fun out of it. But the end thing I can craft up a storm with. I'm not very familiar with quilting though, so I don't know what sort of things a quilter would appreciate...

Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chicago, the New Age, but what would Frank Lloyd Wright say?
ryepie
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007 07:18:27 PM »

what about making her a little quilting supplies refill box? i don't quilt, so i'm not entirely sure what would be involved here.personally, i would buy a bunch of matching fabric remnants...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luvcraft
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007 09:18:46 PM »

I just drew the quilter at work for our secret santa exchange too!

we only had to give one gift - which will be opened on our last day of work before Christmas - so I don't know if she likes what I got yet.

But I got a fat quarter of fabric with candy canes all over it from the local quilting store - then I found a peppermint candy cane and wrapped them up together - I thought she would appreciate the fabric to work with rather than something I might make!
(there was a limit of $5 on what we could buy - or I would have brought a few more christmas themed fat quarters or some quilting charms or some cute buttons or some nice gold or silver thread - anything small that you can find at a quilting shop!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007 11:32:35 AM »

Well,how about some quilter's straight pins,fat quarter's of fabric,a quilting magazine,or a quilting pattern.Marking pens,or if you could swing it.(depends on the amount you could spend) how about a fabric cutter.But if you want you could do a sort of fake quilted christmas tree ornaments. Or do one about her cat if you have a photo of it.That's all I can think of right now.Good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bea from Fish Hooks
How to Draw Oscar from Fish Hooks
How to Draw Peter Griffin from Family Guy
How to Draw the Incredible Hulk
How to Draw Tweety Bird
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...