A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gifts for RPGamers?  (Read 2136 times)
Tags for this thread: gamer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Qalliope
« on: November 23, 2007 01:04:10 PM »

I'm trying to do as much handmade as possible this year, which I find easy enough for family, work friends, etc. But all my husbands friends are D&D or White Wolf fanatics, and I am tired of going the game shop gift certificate route.  We did dice bags one year... Um I seem to be running low on inspiration.

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SweetZ333
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007 01:52:53 PM »

I was making t-shirts for my brothers using stencils and bleach, and my boyfriend, a big gamer loved the one with a mario mushroom on it. Now i know its not the same games, but you could stencil the symbol for your friends favorite games on tshirts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007 05:30:32 PM »

You could make things with their clan/tribe/etc on them.  Shirts, blankets, bags (especially to hold gaming books), hair accessories, coasters made from perler beads (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=206297.0), customized character sheets, custom DM shield, custom maps for D&D, scenery pieces for D&D made from polymer clay, i love dice bags but you've done those, CD of good background music to game to.
That's all I have right now, I'm sure I will come up with more - my friends are also big gamer geeks.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

metalpunkmonster
obsessive crocheter

Mmmmm... Yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007 07:04:23 PM »

my boyfriend is into d&d too, so i'm making him mugs with the d&d logo etched onto them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make crafts and people. Also crafts for said people.
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007 09:13:52 PM »

ooh, etched things is a good idea. 
Scarves, hats, gloves/mittens/wristwarmers (all with a game logo/clan/tribe symbol of some sort), scoodies, personalized folders/notebooks/binders/etc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qalliope
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007 06:06:08 AM »

That's great! Thanks guys! I've definitely got more to work with now and am starting to pair up some of your ideas with specific people.

I did find one thing to make on my own - a puzzle box shaped like a knight crusader's tomb (not exactly D&D - but one of our gaming buddies has a big chivalry thing going). Anyway you could easily alter the symbols on the side and the figure on top to be almost anything, and I may go with something more gaming related. And it would be a sweet place to keep dice, figs, or whatever.

There are instructions here:
 homepage.ntlworld.c om/bruce.viney/plans.html

If you're at all handy, it's a much easier project to assemble than most puzzle boxes, as it's just 1/8 inch plywood cut into strips or squares with a few notches and glued together. No router or other complex tools or techniques.

Yay! I'll finally be able to give them each something different!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007 05:31:31 AM »

My boyfriend plays D&D and I think this year I'm going to make him a pair of fuzzy D20s to hang on his rear view mirror.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007 08:22:18 AM »

A book bag for carrying PHB, MM and DMG, along with a 3 ring binder, Crown Royal bag and pencils. A tin for carrying around the PC mini, for D&D gamers.

That's what I'd love.

Not handmade- mini case for the various monsters D&D uses, sheet protectors for character sheets with an overhead pen for marking minor changes, Hp counters, those little glass things used in flower arrangements also for counters( you could craft a container for that), styrofoam insulation and cutter for terrain, paint, brushes, maybe ProCreate putty or greenstuff and an armature for making minis....

My sig has a link to my hubby's store, if you'd like to get an idea for the crapload of stuff gmaes have ouside paper and books. (no, not trying for sales! I promise! if that counts as shilling, I have no problem with removing/having it removed )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2007 07:35:16 PM »

I love die bags.  There was a great chainmail bag idea in a bead book of mine - it was a basic mail bag with a strap, and flap that locks, and embellished with semi precious stone dangles.  Very apropos for D&D.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007 07:47:47 PM »

A few years ago I got the other guys some Nintendo character jelly pops, some plastic ninjas and dice encased in soap (because everyone should bathe, not matter how much gaming time it takes up, and the little gifts made it more fun,) and some lightsabers.

This year I'm making dice bags from fabrics that fit for each character, some crocheted plushies of a favorite character of each of theirs, some "faux-chainmaille" fabric headgear, and I'm thinking of throwing in some more soap with knitted washcloths.

An idea I like is getting everyone a customized folder with pens/pencils and erasers and counters and dice holders included in the folder. I'm not that ambitious this year on top of what I'm already doing. Another idea I may still go through with is putting a screenprint of "... Even the rules say you're a dick!" or "I'm a level 7 rogue, bitch!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Download Custom Brushes - Adobe Photoshop
How to Download Scratch
How to use Scratch Basic Interface
How to Create a Pong Game Part 1/2- Scratch
How to Use Sprite Sheets
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...