A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,348
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Cooking Disasters  (Read 1310 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kaissa
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007 09:11:27 PM »

It seems all my disasters involve my mom somehow.. lol

One year we were taking the turkey out of the oven and somehow it flopped onto the floor. We just stared at each other, grabbed it off the floor and threw it back in the pan. I've never told anyone..until now.  Shocked But no one eats the skin anyway, right?! Smiley

Another year I opened a cabinet and a stack of bowls came flying out, hit my dear grandma right in the nose, and then shattered...into the  stuffing my mom was making. We didn't have a stuffed bird that year and my grandma suffered through dinner with a purple lump on her nose. Fortunately my grandma had a wonderful sense of humor and found the whole thing rather hilarious.

And the worst was when my mom was taking the yams out of the oven and spilled all that brown-sugary marshmallow goo all over her arm. That one wasn't funny and yams aren't allowed at the table anymore. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007 12:01:12 PM »

Maybe your family should take out holiday insurance?? Wink
And I LOVE the skin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
Avian Flight
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007 08:20:16 PM »

I can't think of a really good one but every thanksgiving we have turkey and ham. Usually we can squeeze both into the oven and it all comes out delicious. However this thanksgiving we had guests over. So we got a 16 lb turkey along with a ham and we discovered that the ham didn't fit in the oven when the turkey was in! Therefore we had to chop the ham up into pieces and cook it in a slow cooker.. it didn't taste that great I would have to say. boiled ham vs. baked ham. =(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007 08:23:34 PM »

Therefore we had to chop the ham up into pieces and cook it in a slow cooker.. it didn't taste that great I would have to say. boiled ham vs. baked ham. =(

Next time you have to cook the ham in the crock pot, don't fill it the whole way with water, just put an inch or two.  We always add a can of ginger ale to take out the saltiness, and poke cloves in the ham with the pineapple rings and it tastes just as good in the slow cooker as it does in the oven Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007 08:52:07 PM »

That slow cooker ham sounds yummy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
IamSusie
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007 07:54:09 AM »

I love ham at the holidays but one year when we used to travel and go to a few parties for the Christmas, every single house had ham.  It didn't help that I was pregnant that year too.  I think it was maybe the 5th or 6th ham by the time we got to my MILs and I could not eat any more.  She still thinks I don't like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Style Short Hair - Formal Updo
How to Achieve a Millennium French Twist
How to Create a French Twist
Making a Sleek Bun Hairstyle
How to do the Parting in a Sleek Bun Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...