A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 2!  (Read 64536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whyme81687
« Reply #580 on: December 10, 2007 03:06:39 PM »

Got one more today!

It says "I think the world hates me. They whisper behind my back." and then on the back it says "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so"

I feel that way sometimes to but I've learned not to dwell on things so much and it makes life a lot easier to live!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: December 10, 2007 03:08:11 PM »

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so"

I used to carry around this Shakespeare quote in my wallet.

To the pap:  I know what you mean and have had that experience.  After that experience, I made sure to have a woman gyno every time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #582 on: December 10, 2007 06:07:03 PM »

First the cards, than the comments... I think keeping up with this forum is a full time job..., but well worth the 2 hours it just took to get caught up)

" My honesty grows exponentially in darkness!!!!"

I love this card, it's so cute (and the thought bubbles are ripped out of the image).  I'm totally the same way, although I'm finding I'm also very honest while riding in the car. 

" Napoleon Dynamite: I think less of anyone that likes this movie."

Can't say I'm a fan of it... (the movie not the card, in case there was any worry)

"I want to fall in love"

I hope you do.

"I know people look at me funny when I tell them I like cartoons.  Sometimes I feel I need to grow up but than I put on my Sponge bob Shirt!  from: almost 30 yr old child"

Take it from the 24 yr old cartoon loving overgrown child currently wear a shirt with monkey ears, you never need to grow up... at least not when it comes to cartoons.

"I [heart] NERDS.  They're always much more fun!"
on the back: "The guy I like currently is a junior in highschool and a freshman at college.  He plays WoW, watches a ton of anime, and his favorite T-shirt is one for Linux opperating systems.  Besides all this, I'm quite sure this is the most in love I have ever been"

This card made me smile.  Let's just say some of my favourite people are nerds (my friends, some of my family, my husband, myself); this is nothing to be ashamed of.

"I stopped eating meat over ten years ago, and I can't even remember why."
on the back: "People ask why I don't all the time and I don't really have a true answer.  I tried to a few years ago, but I couldn't stand its taste and it made me feel sick.  I was eight when I stopped."

This card could have been mine.  I went vegetarian at 12, and I couldn't give a good reason then or now really, and somedays I wish people would stop asking so I could stop trying to come up with answers.

Thanks for sharing all your secrets.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007 06:11:44 PM by kjlutz - Reason: I can't seem to finish things, before hitting submit. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #583 on: December 10, 2007 06:37:54 PM »

Just getting caught up with some comments, This is such an incredable sharing experience, and I'm not sure which has been more therapeutic actually sharing the card secrets, or sharing other's secrets in the discussion.

This was better than my regular $150 an hour therapy session!!!! (Maybe I should skip this month's appointment and spend the cash on new beads and findings!!!!!)  Wink

I hesitate to say this not knowing the details... but craft supplies have typically done me more good than therapy did, and craftster therapy definitely counts for something

To the sender who worries about having too many aspirations, I often feel the same way, but I know i am slowly beginning to realize that I need to focus on just a few things and then more gets done... I think the problem is choosing what to focus on.

As for killing plants predicting parenting skills I worry about the same thing, because I definitely can't keep a plant alive (I once managed to kill a cactus).

To the person failing, it doesn't make you a bad person at all.  I watched quite a few people really struggle with a program (and fail numerous things, and loose scholarships), but when they found something they were passionate about it all changed.  For some of them it was another program, for some of them it was something entirely different.

To the sender who showed her boyfriend her cards, I hope it went well.  I showed mine to my husband and we were able to talk about somethings that we hadn't talked a lot about before.  It was really good, and I hope it turned out as well for you. 

I can relate to the card about judging bottle feeders, I understand some women can't but than there are those like a former boss of mine who considered feeding babies the biggest waste of her time...

Very Few pictures of childhood--This made me feel really sad.  All I can say is cherish the ones you have, and your memories, and your current existing family it's never too late to create some "Kodak moments".  (I hope your mom is doing better now)

Fundamentalist vs. Feminist: It can be so hard to find a place in this world, especially when you live at the collision point of two seemingly different ideologies.  Do what you can to carve your own path, because as others have said that really is what feminism is about. 

To the secret sender who wants to be a virgin at marrage.  I wish you the best of luck (and will power, lots of will power).  It can be tough, but if you feel it's important it will be worth it.

To the sender who's scared it's too late to do anything about global warming: ME TOO  Sad

"Watching you play restores my faith in humanity"  Can I steal your secret.  I love this, and am often in need of some faith restoring, but so often I meet people's children (none of my own yet) and I am reminded why this world is worth saving.

To the stay at home mom who rarely cooks or cleans: just as long as you're not riddled with guilt than this doesn't need to be a secret.  My mom was a stay at home mom, and the house was often a mess and we ate Kraft Dinner, but we were well loved and that is really what matters.

No date for the prom?  Go anyways, and have fun with your friends.  That's what it's really about.  I didn't have a date for mine, and I had far more fun just hanging out with my friends than most of the people I knew with dates.

To the sender who can't control her temper, me too, maybe we can work on this one together...

"You too should not be together" --now if only we could stand up and scream this so people would listen.

And no I often don't shave my legs regardless of the season (there are better things to do with my time, and anyways it's just more of a treat this way when I do shave)

sorry for the long post... I'll try not to get so far behind again  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
!b
« Reply #584 on: December 10, 2007 06:47:32 PM »

I just wanted to say:
Dear zit-popper,
I was afraid I was the only one. It IS the most satisfying feeling.

I feel a little bit embarrassed saying this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zendaisy

My hovercraft is full of eels.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #585 on: December 10, 2007 08:04:45 PM »

My very last card. Cry

I watched I Just for Chad Micheal Murry
(I'm pretty sure the second 'I' is supposed to be 'It'.  The movie poster, if you can't see, is for House of Wax.)

Oh, I have watched many a film for no other reason than that it had somebody in it I wanted to see!  I've watched a lot of movies I didn't know anything about, even, just because it had an actor in it that I liked, and I've watched some really bad movies for the same reason.  Some of them I've watched..er...more than once. Roll Eyes  Thanks for this card!

Now that I've received all my cards, maybe I'll have a chance to go back and respond to a bunch of the ones I've looked at but not commented on.  I'm way behind!

By the way, I'd just like to send out a blanket THANK YOU to all of the senders of the cards I've received.  I've liked every one of them, and I'm treasuring them.  This swap has been incredible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an Al-ette!
celestialxxdreams
« Reply #586 on: December 10, 2007 08:09:00 PM »

I received three over the past few days... alas, this weekend my friends and I built a fort and didn't leave except to get intoxicated and go to the bathroom and eat... so, let's just said I was a little preoccupied :-)

I tell everyone I wish you wouldn't call me. That's a lie.

I feel the exact same way about my exboyfriend. I am definitely not in love with him, and I don't really miss anything about the relationship. He's just a part of my life that I can't let go of... I literally talk to him every other day, if not more.

the subtleties of familiarity. which kisser gets the top lip. how the hand is held.
Sometimes this is the biggest reason why I stay. He's home.

I can really relate to this one.. this is really the only reason I want a relationship right now. That, and I'm sick of getting drunk and making out with unsuitable men... stupid college. [I know it's not the fault of college, but I wouldn't be getting drunk so much otherwise]

This is the inside of my head.

this is exactly how I feel at this point in time. I hope it gets better for you :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and i act like a child, and i'm immature,
and i'm filled with doubt, and i'm insecure.
sometimes it creeps up on me,
and before i know it i'm lost at sea.
but no matter how far i row,
i always find my way back home.
but i don't know what i've been waiting for...
beckey23
« Reply #587 on: December 10, 2007 08:27:07 PM »

To the House of wax sender: I watched it just to see Paris Hilton die. She drives me crazy!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
liccy_doll
« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2007 08:30:04 PM »

I am currently in aw of the amazing drawing skills of the second postcard.
It's super cute. Just thought I should share.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taunya1978
« Reply #589 on: December 10, 2007 08:40:11 PM »

I am currently in aw of the amazing drawing skills of the second postcard.
It's super cute. Just thought I should share.
thats actually a kurt halsey.  (I am guessing)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insect Secretions to Reduce Cellulite
Busting Beauty Myths
3 Products to Get Rid of Blackheads at Home
5 Products That Stay Put Day to Night
Botox and Filler: Watch a Liquid Facelift Live
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...