A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 2!  (Read 64674 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #560 on: December 08, 2007 04:07:35 PM »

Is there going to be a round 3?
This thread made me cry and laugh and feel really really good in the end (yes, I just read all 57 pages...   Shocked )
I HAVE to get in on the next one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftladyofsteel
« Reply #561 on: December 08, 2007 05:35:56 PM »

I grew up on that game!! Glad I'm not the only one who loves it lol! Actually  I think I just had Putt-putt goes to the moon. But I'm sure they all are just as great
THIS ROCKS   Logged
!b
« Reply #562 on: December 08, 2007 07:55:22 PM »

I read through the whole gallery!
And cried a whole bunch.
Thanks for the Craftster therapy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mintbamboo
« Reply #563 on: December 08, 2007 08:29:49 PM »

putt putt! looooved that game, along with freddy the fish. too bad my mother threw the cd away years ago...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #564 on: December 08, 2007 09:06:25 PM »

Putt putt!!!  MUST find that game!

Alright ladies, I have 16 (yes, you read that right: sixteen) cards to post.  I'm about to take pictures right now and then they'll be up!  Sorry it's taken me so long!

ETA: Here they are!

"I'm a housewife/stay at home mom, but I rarely cook or clean...that's why we never invite people over."
If you're taking the time you could be spending cleaning and using it to spend time with your kids, I say it's a good thing!  That's what will matter in the long run.

"I hate the idea of being a housewife.  But I actually like cooking and doing the laundry for my boyfriend."
While I don't mind the idea of being a housewife, I definitely agree with you about cooking for boyfriends- I've never cooked much, but he enjoys it so much that's it's enjoyable for me too!

"My laziness is getting to the point in which i'm starting to destroy myself"
I'm really lazy too.  It's an ongoing process, working on overcoming it.  I can only hope you don't destroy yourself... I personally find it helps to reward yourself for each little thing you do.

"i hate it when you talk about your art"
Can't really relate to this one personally, but I can see how that could be an issue.

"I don't know what I'll do if I don't have a date for prom."
 I've gone to two proms now and I've learned that having a date doesnt mean you'll have a good time and not having a date doesnt mean you won't.  I've seen so many people unhappy with who they ended up going with that they didnt have a good time at all!  Myself, my first prom was with my boyfriend, whom I had been dating for 7 or 8 months...who introduced me to people as "his date for the evening" and then dumped me a little while later.  (But the wonderful man I've been dating for over 2 years now was friends with my ex and was even in the limo in which I went to that first prom!  I didnt really meet him that night, but after the breakup we were introduced by another friend.  So keep an eye out and enjoy prom no matter who you go with!)

"I watch time life music infomercials just to sing along"
Nothing wrong with that! Smiley  My mom and I like to watch The Singing Bee to sing along as well!

"We treat our stuffed puppy like he's part of the family.  We sleep with him, play with him, and even talk to him.  Sometimes we wonder if he's more real than we are" Under the picture: "This is our puppy (Isn't he cute)"
Your puppy is adorable!  You two sound like perfect people for the Little Visitor Swaps.  I have a couple stuffed animals I sleep with and talk to myself. Smiley

"I am an English major who is SCARED of the library!"
I just became an English major myself and the good news is that once you're done with school, you don't necessarily need to go in a library ever again!  I can see how libraries can be creepy!

"Why can't relationships be as easy as this picture?  I can't even find a guy."
I'm sure you will find a guy, and sometimes it will be as easy as the picture... but no relationship is easy all the time.  I hope you find someone who makes you happy.

"Making a fool out of yourself is fun!  That's why I'm never embarassed"  On back: "More people should try it, it's really liberating!"
I totally agree, making a fool out of yourself is delightfully enjoyable!  I can't say I'm never embarrassed, but I've definitely done my share of crazy things in public!

"I tell everyone my grandma is my best friend, and I really do love her, but sometimes I wish she would just STOP TALKING!"
I think we all feel this way sometimes about certain people with whom we're close.  I know I do!

"Once I used my brother's toothbrush to clean out the hamster's cage."
This one made me giggle.  It obviously didnt hurt him, right?  I have a brother too, but not a hamster!

"i... never quit."
This is a beautiful card, all hand-drawn and sparkle-y.  I hope you do one day find it in you to quit, for your own sake.  I learned in one of my classes that each cigarette takes 7 minutes off your life.  I wish you the best of health!

"I hate myself for not being able to control my temper and yelling at my husband and kid"
At least you know you're doing it and want to stop.  Then every time you can make an effort not to yell and maybe one day get better at controlling your temper!  I snap at people I love when I'm upset too.  Undecided

"You two should NOT be together.  We all think it.  We all say it.  But not to you."
Maybe you should say it.  It'd be tough, but maybe better for them in the end.

"i wish i had the money to be charitable during the holidays."  The tag says "This Holiday Season is all about YOU! (my friend)  TO: the needy  FROM: me"
It's funny, I've had this tag on my nightstand for a while now... Charlotte Russe, right?  I also wish this, but as a college student I can't really now... but I hope to someday.  The fact that you want to give matters.  Remember that every little bit helps and you can alway volunteer your time instead of money!

"I hate having OCD  everything always has to be... PERFECT   I can't help it. :/"
I'm not much help here, since I dont know much about OCD and I'm the polar opposite of a perfectionist, but I'm sure someone else watching this gallery knows more than I!

Thank you all very much for sharing your secrets with me, I really appreciate it.  You're in my thoughts and I hope all turns out well for each of you!

I only have 1 card left to receive now!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007 10:44:30 PM by Haylie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
zendaisy

My hovercraft is full of eels.

« Reply #565 on: December 08, 2007 10:01:40 PM »

Wow, Haylie, 16 cards!  I can't wait!  I think I only have one card left to receive and I'm sad that the swap will be winding down soon, so I'm actually kind of excited to have a big batch show up in the gallery. Cheesy

Here's the one I got today:

Villains always have more _ _ _ appeal

I would provisionally agree. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an Al-ette!
endlessly_intricate
« Reply #566 on: December 08, 2007 11:07:28 PM »

Time Life Info person:
I do that too when I see them... and sometimes when I hear a song on the radio that's played a million times on one of them, I start singing the song that would of come after it on the commercial. ha. The order of the song clips is embedded in my head forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

« Reply #567 on: December 09, 2007 06:52:08 PM »

Here are the cards I have scanned!

I am so sorry to hear that!  I hope you can find time to take her for a walk today!

Nothing wrong with that!  Sometimes it's nice to have something all your own.

I ahttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=209347.560;num_replies=567
Post replym so happy that you've been able to quit.  Be strong.  Missing it is to be expected. 

Oh damn - me, too!  I totally dig that guy from the Fray.

You can't be young again, but you can try to see things from a child's perspective by taking time to appreciate the little beautiful moments and things around you.

I can totally identify with this one.  Especially at work.  I have only a handful of people in my life who I believe truly know me.  I hope you have at least a couple of people as well.

Thanks for sharing everyone!!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007 06:52:38 PM by GougeAway » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
Era Vera
« Reply #568 on: December 09, 2007 08:55:47 PM »

Oh man, I haven't thought of Putt Putt in years! I used to play it all the time and I actually knew the lady that wrote all the games. My mom nannied her kids and they had all the games of course.

And about being too poor to give during the holidays, I don't know your situation but you may be more able to give than you think. Like others have said, every little bit counts. This year my family is trying to do a lot of charitable stuff for the holidays. I don't have a lot of money either, but I am buying just one present for a needy child. There's lots of places that do gift drives and it's a really great way to help. One present really doesn't cost a lot but you're doing SOMETHING and I think that's really important.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
jesa
« Reply #569 on: December 09, 2007 09:36:00 PM »

two of the last batch really spoke to me --

when my dog dies - I feel the same way about my cat. I was there when she was born and have had her for 13 years, but 3 years ago when my daughter came home she retreated to a closet and doesn't come out much. I wanted this to be one of my secrets, but didn't know how to word it, so thank you sender for stating what I feel. my cat went from sleeping on my pillow and under the covers with me to a closet where her litter box is. it breaks my heart, but she is terrified of my daughter, and my husband's allergies have become pretty bad, so all I do about it is feel guilty...

no longer have a drug problem - in April, god willing, I will have 7 years of sobriety. there are still days I wish I could drink socially, days when it seems like it would be nice to just check out. I totally relate to that one!

thanks for sharing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
How to Make Chocolate-Peanut-Butter Cereal Bars
5 Ways to Decorate a Cupcake Like a Pro
Classic White Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
How to Make a Tropical Fruit Salad with Ginger Dressing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...