A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,498
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 2!  (Read 79678 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jesa
« Reply #540 on: December 07, 2007 03:13:12 PM »

we have a milk bank near where we live, if I could've produced enough milk I would've donated, but my boobs just didn't make enough for me not to have to work at it. I know I could've worked it up, but that was too time consuming for me. it is an amazing service for infants who are born to mothers who have drug problems/etc, esp since those infants are already born will less development usually. maybe next time! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesa
« Reply #541 on: December 07, 2007 03:15:21 PM »

btw, forgot to add, there was a secret that had a big black line on it, it was supposed to say "the more I weigh, the funnier I have to be" thanks sender, for clearing that up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckey23
« Reply #542 on: December 07, 2007 08:57:36 PM »

I received my last one today!! Thanks for such a great swap and to all the secret senders who shared with me!

in case its a little blurry it says, "When I say a preview for intervention I felt like calling and telling them about my dad. ): He disappoints me." I am so sorry for what you are  going through with your dad. I hope that he will find help soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
endlessly_intricate
« Reply #543 on: December 07, 2007 10:55:32 PM »

Here are the last of the cards I received.  This was such an awesome swap.

That must be horrible!  But I bet you love him more than his computer does.

This card is so pretty! 
Back:

I sometimes feel this way too about my best friend.  We've been best friends since we were 6 (we're now both 20 and were born three days apart).  We live find of far away from each other and we're not as close as we used to be.  So I suppose, we never have much time for each other.  Thank you so much for sending this to me.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MorgieMooka
« Reply #544 on: December 08, 2007 01:16:50 AM »

I love this swap so much. I'm glad this was my first one. Anyway here are four I've received over the last couple of days:

In black: "Par-a-mour n. An illicit lover, especially that of a married person."
In red: "DAD, I TOLD ALL MY FRIENDS ABOUT YOUR AFFAIR! I TRUST THEM!"
To the sender: I'm very sorry for what you're going through. I hope things get better and I'm glad you have friends you can trust.

"I FEEL FAT! But I am too lazy to change."
And then written around the card: "weight watchers. jazzercise. jenny craig. curves. Besides, who has time?!"
I understand this. I always tell myself I'm going to start eating healthier and start working out and all that but then I get caught up in work and school and everything and I lose my ambition. Maybe we should try to help each other be less lazy!

"I'M still afraid of THE Dark... and I'm 30 years old!"
Hey, that's okay! I sleep with a night light on because I don't like waking up in the middle of the night to pitch darkness. So, you're not alone!

On the front: "I did this in 10th grade. I told myself I needed to feel the pain I caused, that it was a cry for help, etc. Really I was just bored, curious, and wanted to be messed up."
On the back: "I still feel like such a poser.
This one got torn up a little bit in the mail. And I don't know if everyone can tell, because even for me the picture was somewhat hard to make out, it's a picture of a scar on the person's hip. This card made me really sad. As someone who has battled with depression and various forms of... shall we call it 'coping mechanisms'... I understand this feeling. But don't feel like a "poser". That's such a stupid word. People do things like that for all kinds of reasons. There is no 'right one' and whatever yours was is just as valid. That being said, it doesn't make it a good thing and I hope that one time was enough to teach you that. I also hope that you are happier with yourself now.

Thanks so much for sharing this with me!

Also to the sender with a best friend who has little time: I know exactly how this feels. Since being in college I rarely see my best friend and I hate it. I try so hard to make time but she always seems to already have plans or obligations. And this really hurts me since I have a hard enough time making close friends not to mention keeping them. Hopefully it will get better. And if it doesn't- I'll be your friend and you can talk to me (anonymously if you want) anytime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taunya1978
« Reply #545 on: December 08, 2007 01:18:59 AM »

OH My Gosh... my fiancee is in love with his computer too!!!  his broke once and best buy said we could come and pick it up.... and I didnt tell him for 2 weeks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckey23
« Reply #546 on: December 08, 2007 01:46:26 AM »

To the best friend who hasn't the time: I understand. I have been best friends with the same person for 25 years. ( we are only four months apart and very literally grew up together), she only calls me know when she wants something our to brag about a  new boyfriend. I'll be your friend!!!
To the fiancee who loves his computer: my husband was a lot like that. I feel told him that it upset me and now he knits with me and I will play World of Warcraft with him. It helped us out alot, just getting to know each others hobbies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
fairweatherknitter
« Reply #547 on: December 08, 2007 07:52:05 AM »

btw, forgot to add, there was a secret that had a big black line on it, it was supposed to say "the more I weigh, the funnier I have to be" thanks sender, for clearing that up!

Hey.. I was funny when i was fat.. it was almost expected of me to be the "funny one" at parties..
I lost 80 lbs.. and sometimes I feel like a bit of my personality was lost too.  I thought my humor was who i was but now i realize it was a survivor thing.. ack I am still tired..
  On the breastfeeding thing.. I am an epileptic and I formula fed my children.  They are lovely. I did envy the mums who could just feed their baby whereever they were but other then that I say to each their own.  Its your baby and you gotta do what is right for you.. what with the sleep deprivation and a BABY in your house.. where did this baby come from.. ( ha ha.. I know where..!!) anyways.. I am blathering now.. love this site and love this swap! So cool to read!
 Cheers all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whyme81687
« Reply #548 on: December 08, 2007 07:57:45 AM »

To the one about the friend who doesnt' have time that could have been written about me. Ever since i came to college my best friend and i have grown apart, mostly because i've been able to see what she's become and i don't like it. I hang out with her probably once a year now but i hate making an effort to see her because things have just become awkward. I hope that this is not the case for the sender and it is just a simple fact of schedules that don't align and maybe growing apart. Meet new people and maybe you'll find someone who has the time to hang out with you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
Avian Flight
« Reply #549 on: December 08, 2007 08:49:24 AM »

I got one more. Only 2 left!

"I fear I don't remember much because there is nothing to remember."
You could try to make memorable events? Or this may be referring to something else.. not sure. sorry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 5/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 1/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 10/10
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...