A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 2!  (Read 65383 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beckey23
« Reply #520 on: December 06, 2007 09:21:01 PM »

Here are some I got in the last few days. I hope you enjoy!!

If you can't read it, it says "this is pretty sister this is smart sister." At the bottom it says "they both resent the titles their families gave them." I can relate to this one quite a bit. I have two older brothers and all of us have our titles. We hate it too.

It says "my boy and I pretend to be cats Meow!" I love it!! I don't know if you are referring to your child or to your boyfriend. But my husband and I sometimes speak to each other in Simlish.

I think this one is showing up pretty clear.  On the back it says "I'm not a whore. I just fall in love indiseriminately." I hope everything works out for you. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry about the darkness, stupid camera. This one says "the more I weigh, (a crossed out black line) be." Thank you for sharing.

this one says "I forget to give my baby a bath. She's lucky if she gets 1 per week..." And on the back it says "No one ever notices."  I don't have kids, so I don't know what bathing protocol is for them, but thanks for sharing!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 06, 2007 09:24:53 PM »

I got 4 more:

Writing is my greatest love.  It is also my greatest enemy.  I also can't walk past text without mentally editing it.  No matter how hard I try.

Grammar is not my strongest point.  On word choice and flow, I'm the same way.  I hate reading other people's papers, because I want to change everything.  Also, I believe the Oxford comma is absolutely necessary.  Always.

I judge girls/young women who say their only goal in life is to get married and have babies, and then feel guilty because one day I want to be a stay-at-home mom.

Alex Trebeck was sexier with the mustache!

I do give him points for not have a sleazy 'stache.

I wish I was as fearless as I was when I was 15.  These are boots I used to wear all the time.  Now I'm afraid I'll look ridiculous...even though I still love them.

I love this one!  I have chunky heeled/platform combat boots from my early teenage years (I would've LOVED some like yours, but my mom wouldn't let me get them) and I wish I could still wear them too.  I'm always really tempted to wear them with really long skirts, because then no one would really see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
endlessly_intricate
« Reply #522 on: December 06, 2007 09:30:35 PM »

To the 'my boy and I pretend to be cats':

Your postcard really made me smile.  My sister and I used to do that too... we would walk around on all fours and drink out of water bowls. Kind of embarrassing.   Embarrassed
It was around the time the Lion King came out and we also pretended to be lions, ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ryepie
« Reply #523 on: December 06, 2007 09:43:54 PM »

just wait til you have a 2 year old! we play lions like, 5 times a day. lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8thagr8
« Reply #524 on: December 06, 2007 10:10:35 PM »

viva la oxford comma.  i use it, i love it, and i don't care what anyone says.  i was very sad when my dad (a college vice president and former speech teacher) told me that it's kinda going out of style.  uhhh....not on my papers, it isn't.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
MorgieMooka
« Reply #525 on: December 06, 2007 10:20:58 PM »

$500 on fast food: I don't know if I spend near that much but I understand this. I'm always so on the go with school and work and living between parents' house and apartment that I never have time for anything else.

Mental editting: I do this too - with my writing and others'. And I hate it when a professor asks us to edit each others' papers because I want to sit there and change everything, but it's not my paper. Plus, I'm quite sure he/she would think I was snotty and rude. Bleh.

Alex Trebek: Definitely creepier without the mustache.

On a side note - I was in Barnes and Noble the other day and I happen to pick up one of the PostSecret books. After reading through it, I started thinking about this swap and how much sharing this has meant to me. So I couldn't help myself - I left a note for whoever buys/reads the book next. I hope it brightens their day to find it.

Also, I have about 4 cards I need to post but my camera was stolen by my little sister so hopefully I'll be able to post them tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: December 06, 2007 11:01:30 PM »

One more!

It's neat, thats real paint splattered folks, not a cut-out  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #527 on: December 07, 2007 12:00:57 AM »

Any time i see a splatter painting , it reminds me of my 2d art class. My tablemates and i decided we were going to be artists like Jackson Pollock for money so we could afford to do whatever we wanted. I saw a Pollock for the first time the next day actually. Had a hell of a time explaining what was so funny Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #528 on: December 07, 2007 12:04:24 AM »

Mental editting: I do this too - with my writing and others'. And I hate it when a professor asks us to edit each others' papers because I want to sit there and change everything, but it's not my paper. Plus, I'm quite sure he/she would think I was snotty and rude. Bleh.

I was always like that when proofreading someone's paper, except that I didn't hold back. It annoyed me when people would only correct the really obvious stuff I'd find with spellcheck or a quick read through. Oh, and I always use the oxford comma Smiley Anything thing else just looks wrong
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
Muria
« Reply #529 on: December 07, 2007 03:53:06 AM »

What irked me in high school was that someone got all snobby on my paper about a misspelled word (transposed letters that I managed to miss since I was working on an old electric typewriter), when her paper was littered with grammatical errors (but she did have a spell check).  Misspelled words usually jump out at me, though every now and then, I miss something.

I picked up Eats, Shoots, and Leaves at the library the other day, and was surprised that different rules apply on the other side of the ocean.  I suppose it shouldn't, as different spelling rules frequently crop up, but I always thought the rules I was taught were the rules.  Smiley 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Edit Your Wardrobe
Three Big Style Mistakes Women Make
Get Your Fashion Week Trends For Less
H&M Launching High End Line In London
Life-Changing Makeover Revealed
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...