A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 2!  (Read 82304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SinkorSwim
« Reply #480 on: December 05, 2007 10:01:15 AM »

Just to let everyone know...i received more cards...but my computer broke so i have no way to upload them until hopefully this weekend...by then i hope i can comment on all the ones i missed too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's not a paragraph
Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #481 on: December 05, 2007 11:44:30 AM »

to the failing out of college one.

i've been there. you need to figure out what you really want to do because if you don't want to go to class then those classes aren't ones that you should be in. This happened to me and i called home sobbing and apologizing for wasting my parents money on an out of state school. But my mom told me, go find what makes you happy and do it. I would see if your college has a career adviser/counselor. They can help you find out what you'd like to be doing and help you figure out what you need to do. For me i found classes that i thought sounded interesting and started taking them, regardless of the fact that they were completely unrelated to a specific major.

There's always a lot of pressure on college students, always people asking you what you're majoring in and what you want to do with that major. but you should never be afraid of telling people that you have no idea, because most everyone else is the same exact way. most people don't even work in fields related to their majors! Now i never skip class, and never have any problems waking up for even my 7:30's because i'm honestly excited to go to class and learn about things, because they're things that i like and are interested in. Sure i'll end up overeducated and underemployed, but maybe that's not such a bad thing y'kno? good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 05, 2007 11:56:57 AM »

my friend doesn't have the money for a car, but even if she did, i don't think she'd ever drive because her mother never had a car to teach her how to drive... i think she'd be a really good driver though, because she'd appreciate the car she's driving and what it took to get it... good luck learning! if you wanna learn how to drive a stick, i'll be glad to teach!

To the craftster afraid of driving...
I have always been terrified of driving and have been really embarassed about the whole situation.  The worst was showing my learner's ID when I went to bars/pubs etc.  I decided out of the blue to just buy a car and get it over with--I didn't think I would get my butt in gear and just do it otherwise.  I've been driving for six weeks, and while I'm still freaked out a lot of the time, I'm getting better at it.  I think you could too. It's not too late to try.  I'm 24.    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
whyme81687
« Reply #483 on: December 05, 2007 12:01:10 PM »

To the failing out of college one, i would have been in the same boat if i wasn't so concientious. Last year i went through a tough time, and also started to realize that the one thing i wanted to do for my whole life was turning out to not be my dream job after all. I still went to all my classes but i stopped studying and i literally forgot about all my tests, (except for finals which are kinda hard to forget) i would walk into class and find out "surprise surprise I have a test today!"
All i have to say is find out what you want to do no matter how long it takes. Honestly i still don't know what i want to do but i'm in a major now that i love...however, whether i plan to use this major later on i life is looking very unlikely. I love the subject matter, but the job choices are not exactly what i'd be interested in. But that's what grad school's for right? prolonging the real world for even longer...hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
Legerdemain

knitting is dreamy....

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 05, 2007 12:05:26 PM »

I love the subject matter, but the job choices are not exactly what i'd be interested in. But that's what grad school's for right? prolonging the real world for even longer...hehe

That was my plan.  Watch out...the real world and decisions are still waiting there when you finish.  Undecided

To the postcard writer:
Sometimes universities will allow you to get a leave of absence (they call it something else) where you can suspend your scholarships etc until you return.  They usually have a time limit (like a year or six months) but it might give you the chance to renew and reflect.  Good luck to you. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop14!

Wist

Ravelry ID: Legerdemain
Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

« Reply #485 on: December 05, 2007 03:23:55 PM »

text: I hooked up with the security guard...

lmao this made me crack up, i work in an office part time and to imagine some of my coworkers cubicles the places of a rendezvous, heh it's rather amusing, also is it just me or do cubicles from above look like swastikas? o.O odd really... anyways, thanks for the secret Smiley it made me smile!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
zendaisy

My hovercraft is full of eels.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #486 on: December 05, 2007 03:53:42 PM »

I'm sorry, I haven't had a chance to post these recent arrivals!

After making all of my secrets I've decided that after sending them I'm going to show all of them (except this one) to my boyfriend.  I hope this will help him to understand me and our relationship better.  Besides you guys at Craftster, he will be the only one who knows most of the stuff I've written.  Wish me luck!

I'm completely terrified but I'm afraid if I don't tell him he will never know why I am the way I am...

GOOD LUCK, Secret Sender! Kiss  I love this card so much.  It amazes and awes me to think how much therapy has gone on in this gallery.

CUTE
Children make me want to Pinch their Cheeks!
Even though I know How much it hurts!

[Back says:]  This also applies to adults, regardless of sex, age, or current situation.

This cracked me up.  I actually caught myself PATTING A CHILD ON THE HEAD once and was horrified, so I understand the impulse.

And speaking of cute children...

When she was a newborn I'd poke her until she stirred to make sure she was still alive.

I don't think you are alone here.  I don't have any children myself, but I know the feeling and I know perfectly well that I would do this too; and I have very clear memories of when my niece was born--her mother wanted children desperately, and from various health problems was very unlikely to have any.  My niece was kind of a miracle baby, and it was a high-risk pregnancy with some complications both before and after the birth.  I've never seen anyone love a child more desperately or be more deep-down terrified that she might somehow be taken away.  You are definitely not the only person with this secret!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an Al-ette!
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #487 on: December 05, 2007 04:55:10 PM »

Here are the three latest I have gotten. This is it?  Or maybe one more...I am too tired to get up and count right now.

Front: Sometimes I think about over-dosing on medicine. I don't want to die--I just want to feel what it's like to get that close.

Back: This is something I have thought about for a long time. I'm not sure what I expect to gain from it...

Very interesting! I am not sure I can comment, because I don't know if I understand. I do however think about things I would never actually do. I do understand that.

"I complain I have no time, but really I just waste all my time surfing the internet."

I truly believe admitting it is the first step! I know plenty of people who would say they have "no time", and wouldn't even think that the time they spend on the internet, watching TV, at the bar could be time used to do something else.

Front: I say I support formula feeders, but I REALLY think they either didn't try to breastfeed hard enough, or don't care enough to give their baby the best.

Back: Less than 2% of women have a medical reason for not breastfeeding. Formula is the 4th best feeding option recommended by the AAP.

I agree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

« Reply #488 on: December 05, 2007 05:20:18 PM »

Back: Less than 2% of women have a medical reason for not breastfeeding. Formula is the 4th best feeding option recommended by the AAP.

Okay... This may sound like a smart-ass question to those of you with babies... But I am being completely serious when I say:
If formula is #4, and breast milk is #1.... What are #3 & 4? I can't think of any other options Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
taunya1978
« Reply #489 on: December 05, 2007 07:12:43 PM »

Okay... This may sound like a smart-ass question to those of you with babies... But I am being completely serious when I say:
If formula is #4, and breast milk is #1.... What are #3 & 4? I can't think of any other options Huh

I wonder if they count rice formula ans soy formula as #3 &#4?  when I worked in daycare 10 years ago most babies drank rice or soy and it worked WAY better than normal formula. and when I say worked I mean let throwing up, better stool, less gas. ect ect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watch Kandee Johnson Transform Into Charli XCX in 30 Seconds
VF COLLECTIONS: Tommy Hilfiger - Fall 2015 - NYFW
A Former Cop Gets a Stunning Makeover
How to Treat Skin Blemishes
Beat Back Winter Skincare Blahs
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...