A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 2!  (Read 72911 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

techni_moments
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Chronic Craftubater =)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2007 08:49:04 PM »

"I was completely Thrilled to have a perfect excuse to not attend my high school reunion"
  I don't think I'll be going to mine either.... Also, this card is made amazingly. It is so beautiful with the textured paper...

[Front] "I am afraid of hating the baby as much as I hate her!! The baby will be born any day..."
[Back] "I am going to be a horrible aunt"
  No you won't be. I have aunts I hate, cousins I love, and other similar relationships. Just go into it hoping to love the baby, and most likely you will...

"I thought I was going to get a lesson in how to handle rejection. Instead I got the job!"
  I hope you wanted it! lol.. But congrats. I've never really applied for a job.. I worked at a camp I went to for 10  years, shopped at JoAnns my whole life, so the next step was for them to hire me, and my current job, my boyfriend convinced his manager to hire me, so I guess I need the lesson you didn't get.

"I prefer this over any Star Wars movie!!"
  I've never even seen Star Wars. My biffy LOVES it, but I just nod when she starts talking about it.."

"It's ruining our relationship...and he can't see that Sad"
  I've lost many a friend over the subject of alcohol. Big drinking school + me with a drunk abusive grandfather = lonely weekends. I feel for you here..

"Instead of being concerned for my well being, my dad told me I embarrassed my family at dinner on Thanksgiving when my LIP started bleeding. He then accused me of getting it pierced to cause problems during the HOLIDAYS. I love you, too, ASSHOLE."
  I'm so sorry you didn't have a nice holiday, however this kind of strikes me as humorous, because my little sister [15] has been battling for a lipring with my dad for close to a year and a half. I know he'll let her get it as soon as she's 18, but she doesn't understand and throws temper tantrums constantly about it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We pencil-sketch our previous life so we can contrast it to the technicolor of the moment"
The Muffin
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2007 08:51:25 PM »

Re: the I hate Harry Potter crowd (and there seem to be quite a few of them here), is it the hype, or the books themselves?  I started reading the books around the time the third one was coming out (before the movies and the huge throngs of people).  I like the books, but hate the hype. It's kind of like the people who like bands before they become mainstream, but don't like them once everyone else likes them.  Smiley 

It's both. Were the books not popular, I wouldn't hate them (after all, there are tons of horrible books) but the fact people think they're the greatest books ever drives me crazy. They don't have an amazing plot and they're not well written. The epilogue of the last book sounded like it was written by a ten year old in my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2007 09:12:58 PM »

To the life pieces one:  I feel the same way.

To the foreigners that don't speak English: Me too!!! I think it's great that they want to hold on to there roots, but at the same time it's like you chose to come here, have the respect to learn some of our language. I know that when I traveled abroad I made a point before my trip to learn at least some of the common phrases to the countries I was in.

Gouge Away- I am so glad that ET scares you too!! Oops...I mean...I agree with the sender too whoever it was. 

Yeah - what a scary little guy, always looked like a burn victim to me. 

And I TOTALLY agree with the unsolved Barbie Issues.  I still have those.  For so many reasons.

Comments:

Will I be a horrible aunt?:  No you won't, maybe you'll have a chance to make your relationship better by loving this new little one in the family.  If not, you could be a great aunt to vent to about a crazy mom!

Instead I got the job:  Congratulations, that's wonderful!

Alcohol ruining our relationship:  I am so sorry.  Look out for yourself.  You're worth a healthy relationship!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007 09:17:46 PM by GougeAway » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2007 09:23:28 PM »

why i don't like harry potter:
I tried to read it. I did. I got to the sixth chapter of the first book and thought it was boring, so I just never read any more nor did I see the movies. A lot of people now tell me that "you have to get through the first two before it gets good". I'm thinking, "I couldn't get through the first book when I was in fifth grade, how am I supposed to get through it now? I can't just skip the first two books!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
indigo_roses
« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2007 09:47:42 PM »

I personally have to say that I absolutely LOVE Harry Potter. I got into it before the movies came out, right about when the third book came out. I have to agree, the epilogue is absolutely horrible. Everyone I talk to agrees about that. I think that part of the reason that I still like them so much now is that they became a big part of my life, I've been reading them (and fanfiction, which there is some that is good) for the past 8 years. Considering that I'm only 19, that's a pretty big chunk of my life.

to the language one - I totally agree. I mean, they wouldn't appreciate it if we went and lived in their country and just spoke English, would they?

pap test - I agree, I have to get my first one in January, and I am terrified! I absolutely do NOT want to go! But, she refuses to renew my birth control and pain pills (horrid cramps that knock me out for two days) if I don't get one.

I miss the good old days when we could just play with Barbies.

I would love to comment on all of them, but I need to go to bed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2007 09:49:12 PM »

To anyone afraid of the pap: I just went for my first one a couple months ago and it was reallyreally no big deal.  It's quick and it'll be over before you know it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2007 10:05:59 PM »

Huummm I think the MAIN reason I hate Harry Potter is the hype... But I tried to read the first book and I found it terribly boring. I'm sick of the merchendise, and I'm sick of how gung-ho the Potter lovers are. But hey! You like what you like, I like what I like, everyone is different!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
superspork
figment of your imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2007 10:22:26 PM »

my parents own every single harry potter movie, and they play the movies nonstop... harry potter is ALWAYS in the dvd player... and i'm so sick of seeing the movies that whenever one is on, i get violently angry... the movies are okay, but not so great that you should watch them all day, every day... i loved the books... i just think the story is awesome, but i can recite all the lines to all the movies and my parents think it's hilarious when i get annoyed that they're watching the movies again... you may not have noticed, but i'll let you in on a little secret... THEY ALWAYS END THE SAME WAY!!! THE STORY IS ALWAYS THE SAME!!! IT DOESN'T CHANGE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zendaisy

My hovercraft is full of eels.

« Reply #348 on: November 30, 2007 10:26:24 PM »

Wow, there are tons I want to comment on, but no time right now.  This is a beautiful gallery; I'm so excited every time a new post is made!  Somebody said recently that this swap has meant a lot more to her than she expected, and I completely agree.  It's been that way for me too.  Thank you so much to the people who have commented on my cards; it means so much to me, and one or two of your comments have been so...perfect...that I'm seriously considering PMing you to talk about it. Wink

So, anyway, I got five more cards today!--and here they are:

'I know all the words.  AND the dance moves.'

I love this secret!  I haven't seen High School Musical, so I know neither the words nor the dance moves, but I DO know the words and dance moves to other things.  Awesome secret!

Above and below, it says:  'My mother wanted me to get the HPV vaccine.  She doesn't know I already have Human papillomavirus (HPV).'
In the middle, there's a Gardasil logo with 'TOO LATE' written above it.

Thank you for sharing this, secret Craftster.  I don't know what HPV type you have, but I hope you have great health now and in the future.

'I often think people are judging me when I eat, thinking "She shouldn't be eating THAT!" '

I think this too sometimes, actually.  I feel judged a lot in public, now that I think about it.

'i don't know WHY my secrets bother me so much...
when they're so small and insignificant.'

This is a small card, a little over 3" by 4.25".  I love the smallness and the delicacy and the simplicity of it.  I don't think that a problem IS insignificant if it sincerely bothers you, though; just because your secret might not be a big deal to someone else doesn't invalidate it for you.  And sometimes 'small' problems are the hardest to deal with.

At the top are cuttings from a receipt, and at the bottom is a cutting either from the receipt or a letter: 'Please accept our sincere condolences on the loss of your friend and companion.  All our cremations are done individually.'
The text says: 'I don't care if people think it's weird.  Cremating my pet was one of the most healing things I've ever done.'

The loss of a pet is horrible.  My heart goes out to you; I know how hard the death of a pet can be.  If cremating your pet helped you, that's all that matters, regardless of how other people feel about it.  Thank you for sending me this secret.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an Al-ette!
almostascone
« Reply #349 on: November 30, 2007 10:30:56 PM »

I've been following the gallery of this for awhile, but this is the first time that I have a really, really strong urge to comment.

To the person who made the HPV secret: Two/three years ago I was diagnosed with strands 16 and 18, the two that cause cervical cancer. I kept getting pap smears every six months, and finally, they started coming back normal, and last week I received my final shot in the series. Basically, don't lose hope, and I wish you the best of luck with it. Make sure you get your pap smears, and once you get one coming back clean, get the shot! *hug*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.

http://www.wists.com/almostascone
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet with Wool Allergies
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 6/7
How to Crochet the 1st Line in Slitted Tree Skirts
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 7/7
How to Crochet Simple Baby Booties Part 2/7
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...