A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 2!  (Read 64578 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beckey23
« Reply #350 on: November 30, 2007 10:34:22 PM »

I don't think its weird that you cremated your pet. I plan to do the same when my dog goes. I am glad it helped you with the healing process.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
GougeAway
Have a savage love for reckless wonder...

Celebrate Your Vices!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #351 on: November 30, 2007 10:36:32 PM »

I agree about the pet cremation.  If that gave you peace, that is wonderful.  I understand how much a pet can mean to someone.  I miss my dog Simeon all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for Personal Swaps!

http://craftycuriosities.blogspot.com/
haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #352 on: November 30, 2007 10:37:24 PM »

First, while I was editing my photos I noticed this bright orb in the same location in all the pictures. My mother was holding up the cards for me and it was right over her right shoulder. I wasn't using the flash... maybe my house is haunted.

here be my monster post.  Shocked  I will number them.

"I'm lying when  I say I would do anything to be skinny. I should say I would do anything except stop eating crappy food."

"Once, when I was little, I drank too much grape juice & threw up. Since then I've told everyone I'm allergic to grape flavoring. I really don't think I am, but I can't change my mind after 14 years, can I?"
It's really weird that I got this one because one of my friends had the same thing happen to her - when she was younger, her mom mixed this cherry cough medicine wrong, and she drank it and threw up... Now she says she's allergic to cherry flavoring and she'll really get sick if she eats it. I think both her and you have a psychological problem - you have a negative correlation with the flavoring to being sick.

"My Dream is to bike across the US. But people laugh if I tell them that, so I say it's a secret."
"What's with people? I don't laugh when they say their dream is a cottage on the coast."

"I think that you are more gorgeous that this sunset. I only wish that you could ever possibly feel the same way about me. I coud fall in love with you in a second. Want to try falling for me, too?"

"I hate xmas."
I really, really like this secret.

"I don't think they really understand how much it affected me when they said I was fat."

"By now I should know what I want to do with my life, who I want to be, but I don't. I feel lost."

"I'm embarrassed by the mess I live in, but I can never bring myself to clean it up."

"I'm tired of being in the background."
Me too.

"I told him all of my sorrority's secrets."

"Bacon is my weakness. I cook it for my boyfriend just so I can smell it. Eating it would just be gross though."

"I'd love to be Prom Queen. I make fun of it because I don't have a chance."
I'm sorry you feel this way. I didn't even go to my prom because school dances depress me. But at my high school (all girls) you could nominate someone and then they put the nominations in a hat and drew them out.

"I'm paranoid that my friends hate me."
I'm paranoid that people I work with hate me...

"I care more about the lives of animals than about the lives of humans."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
yodafuzz
« Reply #353 on: November 30, 2007 10:38:43 PM »

ahh so many of these cards touched me.. i went over to the livejournal that was created and commented on a lot of them as well..

thanks everyone for being so open. (if only i had the balls to join a swap like this lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
celestialxxdreams
« Reply #354 on: November 30, 2007 11:53:27 PM »

I received THREEEEE cards today [or yesterday, as it is almost 3 am]....

Death keeps life interesting.

Dear Santa, Please make my sister-in-law disappear or at least make my brother realize she is a BITCH. xoxo

If I could, I would shrink myself, sink thru your skin to your blood cells. Remove whatever makes you hurt, But I am too weak to be your CURE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and i act like a child, and i'm immature,
and i'm filled with doubt, and i'm insecure.
sometimes it creeps up on me,
and before i know it i'm lost at sea.
but no matter how far i row,
i always find my way back home.
but i don't know what i've been waiting for...
Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 01, 2007 12:00:49 AM »

To the writer of the one about pet cremation - I know how that is... my dad asked me what I wanted for christmas. I told him I wanted to get my turtle cremated. He laughed.

I cant bring myself to burry my turtle. I love him too much, and as creepy as it is... months later, hes still in my freezer. I wanted to bury him in my backyard, with my dad - who bought him for me. My mom said that if my dad came onto her property she would call the cops (and the divorce was on good terms - my dad has no idea why she would say that). And I cant bring myself to bury him someplace where I dont know how safe hell be, or be able to visit. Plus my moms been toying with the idea of moving... and I just dont know.

But its not a laughable thing. All I wanted for xmas was to get my baby turtle cremated. And he laughed and said forget it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
beckey23
« Reply #356 on: December 01, 2007 12:28:06 AM »

The dear Santa letter really strikes home with me. I understand you completely. I hope you brother will realize soon too. It took my brother six ( very long) years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2007 01:49:44 AM »

The dear Santa one made me laugh (in an i know that feeling sort of way). My boyfriends sil is just like that, I've only met her once and i see exactly why no one likes her ( and why her stepson tries so hard to get attention). I guarantee this is what my boyfriends family wants for Christmas(assuming they ever celebrated it anyway)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
kitty93

you bite, i scratch.

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2007 02:41:15 AM »

I like the drinking one!
There wasn't any activity in my post box for the past few days. Today I opened it and there were 7 postcards I'll post them up soon. I'm looking at them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spirit_chi
« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2007 03:34:27 AM »

Even though i didn't send anything in i love reading things like this, some secrets hit close to home Especially about the prom and no one asking me to dance and my -friends- didn't really spend much time with me cause they all had people they had gone with, so it hurt that they didn't really seemed to care. Made me have a horrible night cause i was sitting in the chairs sorta like...just bored as hell with no one to talk to. And the guy i liked went with someone else after he said he didn't like dances. Well he doesn't but still felt like slap in the face. At least he was sitting with me at time chatting with me and same to another friend even though for the most part she flittered off. ^^; Sorry for ranting but that just felt good to get off my chest XD;

ANYWAYS @haroldlovesmaude in my high school class we talked about taste aversion ~  Conditioned taste aversion is an example of classical conditioning, also called Pavlovian conditioning. Conditioned taste aversion occurs when a subject associates the taste of a certain food with symptoms caused by a toxic, spoiled, or poisonous substance. Generally, taste aversion is caused after ingestion of the food causes nausea, sickness, or vomiting. 

copied from wiki ^^; but thats basically what it is so that could be why your friend gets sick with something cherry, and something grape with the postsecret sender ^^; Like me it was for the longest time split pea soup cause i ate some shortly after i had my tonsils taken out when i was little. Short story short one BIG mess.

(and i apologize for that it was meant to be short and wounded up being long..lack of sleep=me being chatty...odd how that works...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Microwave Flower Pressing
Selecting Flowers to Press
Phone Book Flower Pressing
How to Prepare Your Bubble Bowl Vase
How to Arrange Flowers in a Bubble Bowl Centerpiece
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...