A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Chemical Romance Helena Dress  (Read 11184 times)
Tags for this thread: dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Poison_Candy777
I just full on Swayzed that mother-

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2007 10:32:44 PM »

SO a year ago when I saw MCR's Helena video I instantly fell in love with Helena's dress! I searched and searched for hours online each day about a month before Halloween looking for a dress similar to it or the same exact one, but sadly no luck. I read many blogs, searched through websites and I even contacted the designer herself to see if I could get my hands on a dress! The good news about that was I was able to purchase a dress from the designer, but the bad news was it would cost $250 to be made so that was Definately out of the question. After hours of researching and more sleepless nights I had an idea! I then thought to myself "What if I just made the dress instead?" and BEHOLD! My idea came to life! I found an old black dress that I had never worn hanging in my closet that I had never worn. It was silk black but it had straps on it, very thick straps. I frowned looking at the dress until I realized that I could convert the dress into a strapless one! Once I did that I bought some tulle, netting, red silk fabric and other goodies to create my dress and thus, after many hours of labor, I had created THEE Helena dress! Here is the dress that I created! P.s. The pictures are not great quality and I appologize for that! These pictures were taken with a webcam that was a little out of focus. I fully intend to take pics with a REAL digital camera and not a stupidwebcam!

So long and goodnight...

Thee fabulous ballet slippers:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
paulinerose
Vintage inspired design

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007 12:19:58 AM »

Thats a great job! I feel you on the search for that dress. I had to try and get the same one for my daughter for her formal last year. She HAD TO HAVE IT. At least you figured out who the designer was, I didn't. And my daughter settled for a store dress. Sad I love seeing how the young "crowd" (for lack of a "politically correct word") is taking this whole DIY thing to the next level! Awesome work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007 08:14:15 AM »

Great job ! and way better than paying 250$ for a dress you prolly wont wear more than a few times .. it looks really pretty what I can see ..I cant wait to see the more clear pics ... also ( not being a MCR fan ) I dont know the dress "Helena" that you are referencing too .. would it be possible to add a link to the VIDEO or a still of the Dress ... ( Im impatient so Ill prolly look it up myself ) but for everyone .. that my be to lazy to look it up .. a link would be very handy .. any like I said great job !

sorry for the rambling lol Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Poison_Candy777

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007 05:00:54 PM »

Paulinerose: Yes, kids these days do go to extremes to make something, but yes DIY is very popular now and it's a much affordable method. I was almost willing to go out and buy a plain black strapless dress for about $100 and then spend $250 just to have it altered and made the way I wanted it. Thank goodness for DIY!

ViolentJayne: Oh yes I am so proud of myself for making this dress myself instead of spending a whole lot of money, but luckily since the dress still fits I have worn it for the past two Halloweens since I have made it! I love it and I probably could never part with it. But soon enough I shall have clearer pictures up and as for the video, here's a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcwweoJDkV0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sandy810
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007 04:20:49 PM »

wow- congrats. i am in owe of ur skills Tongue
for the rest of us who can't even think of taking on such a project on our own could you maybe post the designer?
when i saw it in the vid i was like "OMG! GRAD DRESSS!!!!!" and i still realllly want it Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muffins_Goes_RAWR
Don't get your bloomers in a bunch.

Glamour is art and I am my own work of art.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007 06:50:32 PM »

Yeah, i'd be great if you could post the name of the designer and how to contact her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days, that are the most intriguing." - Alexander Wang
suka999

una estrella brillando en el firmamento

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007 08:14:17 PM »

eehh great job i want one
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shydeana
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007 09:30:16 PM »

Pretty! A great way to save $$$.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
Funluvnrockrchik

And Life flows on within you and without you...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007 08:22:40 AM »

Honestly, I don't like MCR, however that video happens to be an exception. I love the video. It's ridiculous, and Helena's dress and corpse-like dancing is creepy and awesome. =) Good job on the dress; looks like it was hard to pull off and you definitely did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Freedom of speech is freedom to yell "Theatre!" in a crowded fire"

"I feel just like sombody else. Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same"
Poison_Candy777

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2007 02:36:07 AM »

Thanks guy so much! *blushes* I am just beaming with excitement from all the love from everyone! hehe anyways the Designer's name is Renee and you can go to this website here: http://www.kinkychinky.org
I contacted her through e-mail and thats how I asked about the dress and what not. there should be a part on that page that says contact me or something similar and just e-mail her and she will give you more info! Also, she has some other cool stuff that she has designed on her site, you might want to have a look at that as well! again thanks guys I appreciate all the love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Rex Salazar
How to Draw Rayquaza
How to Draw Professor Fransworth
How to Draw Poof
The Photoshop Secret Behind Long Exposure Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...