A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
352 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help! Creative ideas for re-gifting an ugly doll *My Brothers Response on pg 9*  (Read 10549 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

k8thagr8
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2007 11:19:53 PM »

ha!  my dad and i pass back and forth this iridescent tissue ox cover in the shape of a cat we have pricelessly named Miss Kitty.  She's traveled across state lines in their rv, unbeknownst to him.  heh.  currently, i have her and will probably pass her along around christmas time.  Cheesy  she's been in the freezer, in the rv, in the window sill, under bed covers, in a car, and on the ceiling fan.  she really gets around!  anyway, i say maybe hide them strategically but make it kinda scavenger huntish.  each doll has a clue to the next doll's whereabouts?  ha!  have fun!

and ozz is one sexy tamarin!!  rawr.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
Leelou
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007 03:51:46 AM »

I didn't read this whole forum, so excuse me if somebody has come up with this already, but I have two ideas:

1. You can attach all the dolls onto one big garland for the Christmas tree. Of course each doll is dressed as a (horrible kitschy) Christmas character like Santa, angels, rudolfs, nightmare before Christmas, etc.

2. Buy a really big doll and chop of the head. Somehow attach all 16 (or as many as you can) heads onto the big doll body to make a 16-headed monster.

Good luck with your project....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

paramecium
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2007 05:16:20 AM »

sorry if someone has already posted this, i then must have overlooked it.

I instantly thought of 16 ugly garden gnomes.

i think garden gnomes are really frightening and strange.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveoctopus
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2007 05:31:09 AM »

i'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but my mom said you should pose them all in pictures and have a calendar made for him, then he gets an ugly doll every month, and sometimes 2 a month! =)

that doll sounds like something my brother would do to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leelou
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007 05:52:27 AM »

i'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but my mom said you should pose them all in pictures and have a calendar made for him, then he gets an ugly doll every month, and sometimes 2 a month! =)

LOL  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poprock6903
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2007 07:05:25 AM »

I know this will put an end to the gift-giving, but when you guys are near the end of your passing back and forth, you could chop off the heads and make Christmas ornaments for yourself and your brother. There are 16, so you could do 8 for each of you, to remind you of Christmasses past.

Good luck with the gifting idea. I like the K-Fed and hiding numbered babies ideas best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justmel
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2007 07:07:35 AM »

You should give them glow in the dark eyes, then creep up on him in the middle of the night and place them all around his room.. in the corners,next to him in bed, in his closet.. and then play a recording of a baby crying, or something, to wake him up. You could make them look all freaky looking like Chucky!  Tongue Maybe I'm the only one that's creeped out by him..

One in the backseat of the car, with the rearview adjusted on him. That'd make me jump..  Tongue

I scared my friend with a doll once at night.. it was priceless  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chazz: The night is a very dark time for me.
Jimmy: It's dark for everyone, moron!
Chazz: Not for Alaskans or dudes with night-vision goggles!

Crafity! =D http://maruapula.etsy.com
<3
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2007 11:12:12 AM »

I didn't get to read the entire thread, so this may be a repeated suggestion.  When I saw that pile of them I immediately thought of the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.  Those things still scare me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwinMalachi
I'm the weird one.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2007 12:50:11 PM »

Uh, I don't have a gifting idea but why is everyone saying the dolls are ugly? I thought those dolls were adorable! Maybe that's just me, but those are some of the prettiest dolls I've seen. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OrangeAngel23
Orange Angel's Profile

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007 12:52:44 PM »

Dress them up in little devil costumes then at halloween have them all around his room... then he will be creeped out and have night mares about those poor dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very interested in doing swaps.  Please PM me if you are interested!  I love to make beaded things, and am now learning to sew!  Sooo.. please feel free to chat with me about crafty things!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza Recipe
Chicken Rice Casserole Recipe
How to Make Pot Roast
Brooklyn Pizza and Egg Cream With Marty Markowitz
How to Make Chili With Chilies
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...