A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,915
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help! Creative ideas for re-gifting an ugly doll *My Brothers Response on pg 9*  (Read 10559 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

magdiego
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007 04:13:39 PM »

How about an ugly doll mobile?  You could hang it outside his door.  Can you imagine walking out to get the paper and coming eyeball to ugly eyeball with that?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellie.henry
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007 05:38:50 PM »

I definatly like the idea of hiding them all over, and yes, you must leave one out. he will always be wondering where it is, when it will pop out at him! We did that as a senior prank in high school, someone let chickens loose, and when we were questioned everyone said there were six let loose. But there were really only five...bahaha they spent hours looking for it until they realized it wasn't there. The doll isn't alive though, he doesn't have to find it right away  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
R3n331
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007 07:11:24 PM »

rofl i had that ugly doll lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007 07:40:23 PM »

i imagine you just pulling all the heads off and hanging them on the doorframe of his room with fishing line when he goes to bed so he gets a nice uglydollhead surprise in the morning or the middle of the night! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
gothmom
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007 07:43:57 PM »

pull the heads off the dolls.  Make a wreath out of the heads.  Put in on his door.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cortney!
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007 08:36:50 PM »

My goodness! I had no idea I'd get such a big response! Some of these ideas are priceless. I think I have enough ammunition to keep this regifting going for 20 years. So far, I'm really digging the giant body with 16 heads idea. The idea of making the dolls little shirts with my brothers face on them cracked me up! I also loved the idea of underwear with doll iron-ons.
An ugly doll featurette will definitely have to happen some time in the future.
Someone asked the brand of these dolls - they're called Palm Pals Bean Bag Kids. The dolls are made really cheaply with plastic head, arms and legs and a bean bag body. The torso is just bean bag and the appendages are zip-tyed to some fabric. I don't want to pull off any heads or melt anything just yet - I think theres still many years to come of passing these guys back and forth before I start mutilating them.
As for the monkey in the picture, her name is Ozz and she's a Geoffrey's tamarin. I think she's adorable, though she definitely has a mean streak. When she disliked someone (and she disliked many people) she'd make the most human angry face I'd ever seen.

Thank you all so much for the ideas. I'll keep you posted on what I'm planning to do.
Happy Thanksgiving!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

more intensity!
LaundryBunny
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007 08:51:18 PM »

I like the horror movie one.  Go stop motion.  Put it into his dvd player so that it plays when he turns it on, and then go with the dress-them-alike-and-follow-him-around idea.

Whatever you do, please let us know. Smiley (Thanksgiving smiley!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JustDontChange
just discovered the joy of alpaca...this could get expensive

uknitted we stand

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007 08:58:51 PM »

i really like the idea of leaving one out, maybe if you dressed them all like xmas elves with little numbers on them, and leave out say #11....
but put the rest chonologically where he might find them....like #1 by his bedside table, #2 on his dresser, #3 in the bathroom, #4 in the kitchen, #6 by the computer.....or whatever oder he goes about his day.......
not only would i be totally freaked out if this happened to me....but it would bug me all day "WHAT DID I FORGET!?!?!" thinking that they went in the right order......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the glove compartment, is inaccurately named, and everybody knows it. so im proposing, a swift orderly change...
HippieChick7
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007 09:12:43 PM »

I have some of those pitiful children.

lmao
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007 09:14:24 PM »

this is awesome.
my mom and i pass a rubber rat back and forth.  Smiley

what about an ugly doll wreath?  strap them all to one of those styrofoam wreath forms at the craft store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Wear to a Holiday Party
The Best Bras for Tricky Dresses
3 Ways to Style Wide Leg Pants
Inside the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Fittings with the Angels
Wear 1 Holiday Dress to Every Kind of Thanksgiving Dinner!
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...