My hubby and I have joked about getting a purple cloak for our younger cat. (She's named after the girl next to Batgirl in my avatar) I made this so Spoiler could dress up for Halloween, but I didn't think about her giant bat-like ears. Oh well, it works just as well on a doll.
Spoiler isn't thrilled with it
I tried putting it on her sister, Lizard. She didn't like it either.
This is the first time I've made up my own pattern and I think it turned out pretty good.
If you'd like the pattern, I do have it written down somewhere.
Here is the pattern, but beware! This is my first, it may only make sense to me
Starting with the cape-
1) CH 20
2) DC in 3rd CH from hook. DC in each to end. CH 2 Turn (18 DC)
3) DC 2x in first DC. DC in each to end. 2 DC in end. CH 2 Turn (20 DC)
4) DC 2x in first. DC to end. 2 DC in last. CH 2. Turn. (22 DC)
5) DC 2x in first. DC to end. 2 in last. CH 2. Turn (24 DC)
6-8) DC in each to end. CH2. Turn. (24 DC)
9) DC 2x in first. DC to end. 2 DC in last. CH 2. Turn (26 DC)
10-21) Repeat 5-7 (26 DC)
22) SC along all sides.
1) CH 20
2-9) DC in 3rd from hook. DC accross. (18 DC)
10) Fold in half, rt side together. Slipstitch along one side. Turn right side out.
Attaching hood and ties-
CH 20 then slipstitch bottom of hood to top of cloak. CH 20. (The CH 20 are the ties)