A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Cookie/Candy/Recipe Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 7955 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

habitat-lady
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2007 02:39:05 PM »

Okay, I can finally post pics of cookies from christal1994.  Those big cinnamon cookies are my new favorite!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2007 03:06:51 PM »

christal1994 those cookies look scrumptious! Spice cookies are one of my favorite kinds - is that big cinnamon cookie a snickerdoodle by any chance?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2007 10:24:16 PM »

Hello, everyone!

My partner, cassettetape, got the cookies I made and she said I could post some photos.

She loves jam cookies. I've never made jam cookies before, but I was determined to make some for her.

Chocolate Chip Jam Cookies:
There is jam in the dough and I put jam on top, but, other than that they are pretty much just chocolate chip cookies with jam.

Jammie Jams:
These were supposed to be a kind of pocket-filled jam pastry, but I couldn't get the jam to stay in the pockets during baking so I just made them how you see in the photo. But they are really tasty!

INGREDIENTS
1 cup margarine
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup jam
DIRECTIONS
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the margarine, flour, cream cheese, and sugar until well blended. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place them onto a greased cookie sheet. Make an indentation in the tops of the balls and put some jam in the indentations.
3.  Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
Just for kicks, these are the rejects. My family enjoyed them even though they looked like a cookie masacre:

Snickerdoodles:
One of my all-time favorite cookies!

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. For a Christmasy effect, I added red and green sugar sprinkles to this mixture. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

Christmas Cookies:
It would just not be Christmas at my house without these cookies.

MIX
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
MIX
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
MIX
5 - 6 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
DIRECTIONS
1. Mix all three mixtures together. Add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp anise extract.
2. Roll out the dough on well-floured surface. Cut into shapes. Bake on ungreased cookied sheet at 400 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes. Let cool.
3. Decorate with frosting (powdered sugar, butter, milk) and other fun goodies.

I also made her a little reversible bistro apron.

The blue side:

The Christmasy side:

(It's a lot cuter than how it looks in the pictures. I'm just holding it together in the back and I just took one photo of each side, regardless of how it would turn out.)

This was so much fun I'm glad to have been a part of it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007 10:25:42 PM by liebschien » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kelseynicolle
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2007 10:48:35 PM »

in the dog treats, try to use the salt, instead of garlic salt because garlic is harmful to dogs. just a heads up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2007 10:34:35 AM »

Sorry for the delay in posting serendipity_sarah's lovely recipes. I took some of the cookies to work and people FLIPPED and all wanted the recipes! So I had to make a bunch of copies Cheesy

Cake Mix Cookies
1 - 18.25 oz box of cake mix - she used German Chocolate on mine
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips - she used raspberry swirled chips on mine
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, oil and eggs in a bowl and mix well. Stir in chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to cookie rack.

Chewy Date Nut Bars
1 - 18.25 oz package of yellow cake mix
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine (melted)
2 eggs
2 cups chopped dates
2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts - she used walnuts on mine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix and brown sugar. Add butter and eggs; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Combine dates and nuts; stir into batter (batter will be stiff). Spread batter into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around sides. Cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around sides of pan to loosen; cool completely before cutting.

Aaaaaaand! She also included EXTRA yummy recipes! Including:

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rice Crispy Bars
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Scotchies
Chocolate Caramel Candy
Graham Cracker Toffee
Hard Candy
Popcorn Balls

Yum! You ladies let me know if you want any of the extra recipes and I'll be happy to post 'em Wink Thanks again serendipity_sarah! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2007 12:40:46 PM »

liebschien, I love that apron! I swear...you are an apron-making goddess Grin All the ones I've seen you make on here are just gorgeous. And I really like the way you photograph your cookies, with cute Christmas-y decorations in the photos Smiley Very pretty presentations.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007 12:42:03 PM by Ma Rut » THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2007 12:54:59 PM »

oh my goodness! what a fun and yummy looking gallery! i have to make cookies now.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Christal1994
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2007 03:49:22 PM »

christal1994 those cookies look scrumptious! Spice cookies are one of my favorite kinds - is that big cinnamon cookie a snickerdoodle by any chance?

I don't think they're snickerdoodles, but it's not my own recipe(i don't own any cinnamon cookie recipes).
The recipe's from allrecipes.com

Cinnamon Cookies II
Ingredients;
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsp molasses
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground cinnamon

Directions;
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Cream together butter and sugar.
Mix in egg and molasses, blending well
Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

While i'm at it anyway Grin ...

Shortbread cookies

ingredients;
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
directions;
Work all the ingredients together with your hands until blended. Shape all of the dough into 1 inch balls
Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
Let cool 10 minutes then carefully lift with spatula to cake racks to cool. Store in air tight container with wax paper between layers. Cookies keep well.
Variations: Flatten some balls with tines of fork and press 1/4 of a red or green glace cherry in center of each. Make thumbprint indentation in some balls and fill with a tiny bit of jam, jelly or marmalade. Dip some balls in slightly beaten egg white and roll in finely chopped walnuts. Bake as they are or make an indentation in top and spoon in a little jam or marmalade. Dip some balls in egg white and roll in desiccated coconut. Bake as they are or make an indentation and spoon in a little jam, jelly or marmalade.

I would definately put jelly/jam on them, as they turned out pretty dry when i made them!

Chocolate covered cherry cookies

ingredients;
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 jar maraschino cherries
1 cup chocolate chips

directions
Combine flour and cocoa, set aside. Cream butter to soften, add sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add egg and vanillla. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Make 1" balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Melt chocolate with milk and 4 tsp cherry juice. Place cherries in thumbprint in balls, cover with chocolate mixture. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

habitat-lady
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2007 04:31:11 PM »

Chipofftheoldblock and I baked a bunch and sent out variety to our partners.  To save all of our partners some time, I'm posting the recipes for all except the pretzels.  Those you just melt the chocolate and dip.

Streusel Caramel Bars
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine, divided
3/4 cup chopped nuts
24 caramels, unwrapped
1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and egg; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Reserving 2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1/4 cup butter. Pour over prepared crust. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly. Cool. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

Date Bars
1 lb. dates
1 c. boiling water
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter or shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. boiling water
1/2 tsp. soda
2 c. flour
2 1/2 c. oatmeal
Combine dates, sugar and boiling water and cook until thick. Cool. Cream brown sugar and butter. Add remaining ingredients, first dissolving the soda in the boiling water. Press half of the oatmeal mixture in a 9 x 13 pan. Pour the date mixture over and spread evenly. Put the remaining hail of the batter on the top and bake or 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

Reindeer Poop (chocolate no bakes)
1 stick of margarine or butter
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
dash salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of chunky peanut butter
3 cups of quick oats
1 sheet of wax paper
Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan and cook 5 minutes. Stir in peanut butter. Remove from heat and add quick oats, mix well. Drop from a teaspoon onto wax paper. Let cool

Marshmallow Marble-Top Fudge
3 cups (1-1/2 pkgs., 12 oz. each) dark Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
dash salt
1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups miniature marshmallows
Directions:
Line 8-or 9-inch square pan with foil.  Melt chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter with sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
Melt marshmallows with remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Spoon onto fudge. With table knife or metal spatula, swirl through fudge.   Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Remove fudge from pan; peel off foil. Cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature. About 5 dozen pieces or 2 pounds.   

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
4 squares of almond bark
1 package peanut butter chips
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
Melt squares of almond bark slowly in saucepan.  When melted, add in bag of peanut butter chips andsweetened condensed milk.  Stir evenly until melted.  Spread evenly onto wax paper in 9x13 pan.  let cool 2 hours or until set.

Sugar cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Decorative icing, optional
Combine flour and salt in bowl. Beat butter and sugars in mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, almond extract, and vanilla. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 350F. Divide dough into quarters. Between 2 sheets of wax paper, roll one quarter 1/8-inch thick, keeping remaining dough refrigerated. Cut with floured 4-inch round cutter. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 8 to 9 minutes, until edges are golden. Cool on wire racks. Repeat with remaining dough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'll fix dinner right after I _______ this!  You fill in the blank: sew, hammer, glue, tack, press, cut, etch, tie, paint, draw, color, iron, solder, grout, saw, cross stitch, bend, stain, wire, build, weave.

http://www.wists.com/habitat-lady
coma bernice
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2007 11:09:21 PM »

mmm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Christmas Scarf
How to Crochet Fab Faux Scarf
How to Crochet Candle Lace Covers
How to Crochet Beanie Hat
How to Crochet Cell Phone Protector
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...