A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bento Swap (Sign Ups 11/20-12/7; Send outs January 7)  (Read 12091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plumpossum
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2007 05:03:19 AM »

Hey everyone-

I'm in the process of sending out surveys right now! (did I mention I'm a morning person?)  Partners are listed in the first post...now get stalking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dizzylizzy

dreamers have become an endangered species

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2007 05:39:27 AM »

this is looking like it'll be a difficult swap for me. my partner doesn't have a bento box and I don't have the means to buy one.  Cry Ah, so tricky! What can I make without having a bento box to work with?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ryoruki
the crazy lady

You may be right, I may be crazy...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2007 08:56:12 AM »

Cheesy yay!! happy partner day :3 -stalks partner-  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As grad school eats my soul and time, i slowly begin to craft again...

Life is not complex. We are complex. Life is simple, and the simple thing is the right thing. -- Oscar Wilde
katatsumuli
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2007 12:32:10 PM »

this is looking like it'll be a difficult swap for me. my partner doesn't have a bento box and I don't have the means to buy one.  Cry Ah, so tricky! What can I make without having a bento box to work with?

You can still make bento bags, cloth wraps and belts and stuff like that to fit regular boxes Smiley. It would certainly make the box look a lot better Cheesy. (And I know I definitely have some regular boxes whose lids won't go on properly, or trying to put the almost-fits but wrong lid on it and not feeling like washing another. Ask your partner if they do too.)

[Bags can be for two purposes: either the exact size of the box so it doesn't fall apart (further protection beyond a belt); cloth wraps usually only do this purpose I think, or being bigger like a lunchbox. (Some are made to fit your drink and stuff.)]

Also, a lot of people who make bento use Laptop Lunches or similar not-exactly-bento kind of boxes that are just one large plain box, sometimes with smaller cups or lidded boxes inside as dividers. If you're lucky you can set up or find something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

@  @,  .@  _@:  _@=  _@v   _@V   ..........._@V -(<3)
MissNewEngland
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2007 08:52:04 AM »

I haven't received my partner's info yet and haven't heard from her.
Should I be concerned?Huh

I am SO ready to start but I really want to know what she likes before I do anything.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always up for Personal Swaps!

http://www.TTRstudio.etsy.com
radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2007 09:50:23 AM »

have you checked her profile?  it should say when she was online last.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
http://www.wists.com/stardust_wings
MissNewEngland
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2007 10:20:09 AM »

She's been offline since the 6th.  Maybe she's away???

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always up for Personal Swaps!

http://www.TTRstudio.etsy.com
Avian Flight
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2007 04:23:33 PM »

Well you should have received her info anyways. just pm plumpossom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2007 11:31:54 AM »

Dude, no sweat here.  It's almost as if you guys have been planning this stuff behind my back, there have seriously been a few people that I'm suspicious of because they seem to be soul mates.

Also, I know everyone here can appreciate this, I haven't figured out who I'm going to partner myself with yet...but I had a calling.  I was driving home and Hobby Lobby and I have this telepathic connection, and I had to go.  I knew I would find my destiny there.  Now mind you, I've been jotting down ideas for this since early this summer, but it all came to fruition in the clearance aisle at hobby lobby, and I'm feeling this sense of bento clarity now.  And get this.  Totally TMI, but I had to go to the bathroom SOOOOO bad (and it wasn't pee), but I dug through every single clearance shelf in the store, because I knew something there was made for this swap.  And I found it.  And I drove the whole way home stroking this item lovingly. 

I'm telling you, it was meant to be man, it was meant to be.

and

I'm pretty sure that people only go to the bathroom in grocery stores, department stores, and craft stores if they are suffering from some sort of african parasite that plants explosives in their lower intestine.  I cannot tell you how many times, while working in a grocery store, I had to use the customer rest room (or worse: clean it) only to discover someone was no where near the toilet with their aim, in fact, they weren't even in the stall.

I've heard horror stories from friends who worked in department stores that involved people mistaking (let's give them the benefit of the doubt and not just call them out for the jerks they are) dressing rooms for rest rooms.

I haven't shopped in wal-mart in a few years, but when I did go in one about five years ago during the Christmas rush, it was like every single person in wal-mart went out for white castles and ex-lax first, then decided that wal-mart was the place to be.  You could smell it outside the rest room, all the way in the front of the store.  I never even made it into the bathroom, I just left my stuff and told my mom I needed to go home to take a pee (she's just a wee-bit OCD and was very understanding).  I've travelled a lot in my lifetime, and I don't think I've ever been in a truck stop or a rest area that was more disgusting than that wal-mart.

OMG!! Ahahaha I was SO ticked off until I logged onto Craftster but these are the funniest posts that I have ever read in my entire life! Luckily I work at my desk by myself and the people in offices behind me are used to me spontaneously bursting into laughter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
Kirashii
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2007 11:36:49 AM »

Ahh! Plum, I think you're right; I think my partner and I are craft soul-mates. I think I may have to spoil her since it's her first swap and all, and I just happen to have experience/means to get her like, just about everything she is wanting @_@

Plus, it's wierd, I have been wanting another onigiri press (both the boyfriend and I make onigiri, so we have to take turns using our 1 double press >.< Frustrating!) for a long while but was waiting until I could buy more items to save on shipping. Now, I can totally justify making an order XD

BTW, I am at work right now and decided to do some more bento and indian food researching.. After looking at all the delicious foods, I am so hungry! The good news is that I found a new supplier on ebay for all my bento-needs XD It's cheaper than the old one, AND located in California (only 1 state away, yippee!)

MY HEAD IS EXPLODING WITH IDEAS! YAY! Cheesy Haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Kira
<3
Pop my Personal Swap Cherry! Interested in Personal Swaps!
My wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Skies with Oil Paints
How to Paint on a Canvas with Oil Paints
How to Paint Trees Using Oil Paints
How to Paint Landscapes with Oil Paints
How to Clean Old Paintings Without Damaging Them
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...