A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bento Swap (Sign Ups 11/20-12/7; Send outs January 7)  (Read 12162 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2007 05:54:16 PM »

you could always check your nearest trustworthy craft store or fabric store--they tend to have things of that nature.  also, because i am not yet wise in the ways of bento, i have no idea about YOUR idea.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
http://www.wists.com/stardust_wings
Kirashii
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2007 09:22:53 AM »

JoAnn's does have some "colored" elastic, but the colors are White Black and Gold (at least at my local store, and it's not a small store either Tongue) I found that I have luck at the more random stores, like if your Wal Mart has a fabric section, try them. Or possibly Craft Warehouse or Hobby Lobby. Smiley Hope that helped.

*bounces*

PARTNERDAY IS SOON! YAY! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Kira
<3
Pop my Personal Swap Cherry! Interested in Personal Swaps!
My wists
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2007 02:36:50 PM »

yay! i can vision plumpossum wiping sweat from her forehead in a dim light from her computer glow as she tries to match us up. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
plumpossum
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2007 02:59:25 PM »

Dude, no sweat here.  It's almost as if you guys have been planning this stuff behind my back, there have seriously been a few people that I'm suspicious of because they seem to be soul mates.

Also, I know everyone here can appreciate this, I haven't figured out who I'm going to partner myself with yet...but I had a calling.  I was driving home and Hobby Lobby and I have this telepathic connection, and I had to go.  I knew I would find my destiny there.  Now mind you, I've been jotting down ideas for this since early this summer, but it all came to fruition in the clearance aisle at hobby lobby, and I'm feeling this sense of bento clarity now.  And get this.  Totally TMI, but I had to go to the bathroom SOOOOO bad (and it wasn't pee), but I dug through every single clearance shelf in the store, because I knew something there was made for this swap.  And I found it.  And I drove the whole way home stroking this item lovingly. 

I'm telling you, it was meant to be man, it was meant to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kirashii
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2007 03:48:31 PM »

Ahaha, Plum. I admire your dedication to crafting. All too often this will happen to me, and the bathrooms at my JoAnns are DISGUSTING (Trust me, I used to work there, I know) and I had a very unhappy, grumpy, impatient boyfriend in tow. Not fun, but a true Craftster just deals with it, lol Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Kira
<3
Pop my Personal Swap Cherry! Interested in Personal Swaps!
My wists
plumpossum
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2007 05:03:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure that people only go to the bathroom in grocery stores, department stores, and craft stores if they are suffering from some sort of african parasite that plants explosives in their lower intestine.  I cannot tell you how many times, while working in a grocery store, I had to use the customer rest room (or worse: clean it) only to discover someone was no where near the toilet with their aim, in fact, they weren't even in the stall.

I've heard horror stories from friends who worked in department stores that involved people mistaking (let's give them the benefit of the doubt and not just call them out for the jerks they are) dressing rooms for rest rooms.

I haven't shopped in wal-mart in a few years, but when I did go in one about five years ago during the Christmas rush, it was like every single person in wal-mart went out for white castles and ex-lax first, then decided that wal-mart was the place to be.  You could smell it outside the rest room, all the way in the front of the store.  I never even made it into the bathroom, I just left my stuff and told my mom I needed to go home to take a pee (she's just a wee-bit OCD and was very understanding).  I've travelled a lot in my lifetime, and I don't think I've ever been in a truck stop or a rest area that was more disgusting than that wal-mart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2007 05:11:06 PM »

*barf face* The bathrooms at my JoAnn's were always spotless! I used to clean them and wouldn't stand for trashers making it ugly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2007 11:35:08 PM »

happy partner day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
http://www.wists.com/stardust_wings
MissNewEngland
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2007 11:36:47 PM »

I sent in my info earlier today.
I hope I made the deadline.
This swap sounds too good to miss out on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always up for Personal Swaps!

http://www.TTRstudio.etsy.com
katatsumuli
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2007 11:45:08 PM »

I sent in my info earlier today.
I hope I made the deadline.
This swap sounds too good to miss out on!

You're already in the list Cheesy.  I hope I made the deadline too ^^; This does sound like an incredibly fun swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

@  @,  .@  _@:  _@=  _@v   _@V   ..........._@V -(<3)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cincinnati Chili Recipes
Bob Evans Sausage and Potato Skillet Breakfast Recipe
Herb Seasoned Chicken Crunch Recipe
Seasoned Oven Baked Fries Recipe
Square Deal Hamburger Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...