A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Silly Santa White Elephant Swap  (Read 23576 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BunnyTuTu

Is it because I have a waffly nose?

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2007 04:43:05 AM »

*grumbles* Definitely need a U.K/Europe Swap Cheesy

I love the Napkins and mat set Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2007 10:15:45 PM »

I am drooling over all this wonderful stuff.  WOW!!  I was thinking that I'd be nice and not get all crazy over this, but you guys are making me want everything.  I esp love the soft toys for my daughter.  I can't wait for the action to start!! 

This is my offering...a Japanese chain maille necklace with matching earrings. I am hanging up my jewelry tools and this is probably going to be my last piece for a while.  I had alot of fun making this and  I hope someone likes it.  It is done entirely in silver plate and is 18+inches. Smiley

BTW are there any limits to how many times an item can change hands?  I guess there are alot of variations to this game.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2007 03:52:33 AM »

I am sure that there will be a few hot items - who knows what they are - every swap has its hot items - but no limits on the number of times it can change hands.

Originally I was only going to give 3 chances to snatch things but figured 5 was better - I am wondering if 5 is too many and I should drop back to 3 again or split the difference with 4...
I was afraid that with only 3 chances people might hold back and reserve their claims but with 5 you would have several chances and keep it livelier.  I know the silly swaps we have done in person usually they only let you make a claim like one to two times... but we all want to have fun here!

And yes, you could have a tug of war with an item. That is just too much fun for those of us watching!  So go for it!

This is so exciting!
I can't wait for Friday morning and see who makes the first move!!!  I won't make the first move - I am going to let one of you guys go for it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
errka
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2007 06:02:47 AM »

Here is my offering to the swap! I didn't know that we should have one picture for multiple items. I will post another picture but for now this is all I have. The bracelet and earrings both feature blue glass pearls and black Swarovski crystals. The earrings are on silver plated wires and the bracelet is on memory wire.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2007 06:23:09 AM »

Beautiful sets, Errka and Atsuko! This swap is going to be awesome.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2007 07:40:07 AM »

I am so happy that I finished!   Here is what you can get from me.  It is a Christmas tree quilted wall hanging.

I used my own design and foundation pieced it by machine.  I used many fabrics for the trees.  I also machine quilted the three layers with a special quilting foot.  I am still getting used to free hand quilting so my lines are a bit wobbly.   I then hand sewed on many beads on both trees.  I also sewed on two star buttons to the tops of the trees.  The binding is a soft ribbon and is hand sewn to the back.

I hope you like it!  The overall size is not huge, but I spent a lot of time on the details! plus by the dates you can see I found a time machine!!  I must have needed more time to finish than I thought!  haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2007 08:32:28 AM »

My offering is a set of 3 5x7s.  They are framed in an 8x10 black wooden frame and double matted with white.  I took these winter of '06 in NYC Central Park.  Hope you guys like them! 

Detailed images:

Will edit later today to include a group shot of them in the frames.  Smiley

Sorry the pic of all of them is such crap.  My good camera is in the shop.  The actual prints are totally clear and not at all grainy!

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007 04:11:08 PM by klum78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2007 08:37:39 AM »

Gorgeous photos!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OrangeAngel23
Orange Angel's Profile

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2007 09:59:05 AM »

Wow!!!  I love that poppet!  Cant wait to find out who we are swapping with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very interested in doing swaps.  Please PM me if you are interested!  I love to make beaded things, and am now learning to sew!  Sooo.. please feel free to chat with me about crafty things!
athenamat

Newlywed quilter/lawyer

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2007 11:45:26 AM »

So is this going to occur here or the original thread?  This meaning the matchups and the trading?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to send my Step-Sister's Choice quilt to a new home.  If you're interested in swapping for fabric/scrapbooking supplies, send me a PM.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artichoke Chicken With Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Sauteed Chicken With Mushroom Sauce Recipe
How to Cut Apart a Whole Chicken
How to Carve a Thanksgiving Turkey
How to Scramble Eggs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...