A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dead Tapir (Mixed Media)  (Read 823 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2007 01:44:21 PM »

I do not know if I put this on here before, if I did, oh well, because, it is awesome, lol.  I did this for 2-D last year in November, which we had to enter in December 2006, for a competition.  It has been in two Museums, and a city hall.  So, it has been to 3 different cities.  It has not been in my hand for a year.  I won't be getting it back till the middle of December 2007.  Anyway, it is a dead Tapir, enjoy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tanzie
I've got love for the chat hoes...anyone else need not apply!

"Ich warte auf dich-am Ende der nacht"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007 03:50:42 PM »

this is awsome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a burning image in her mind and between her thighs...

I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND TAKE YOUR CRAFT SUPPLIES!DON'T #$%@ WITH ME!

half moon shawl crochetalong...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=235034.0

stalk me....
http://www.wists.com/Tanzie
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007 11:16:04 PM »

Thanks, lot of traffic, but no comments, besides yours, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HRH Princess ME
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007 08:56:57 PM »

I must say,this piece is quite beautiful.To me,it evokes childhood memories,not only because of the reference to mud(I thought of mud pies,jumping in rain puddles,etc.),but also because the brown color made me think of old photos and events that have passed.The crumpled paper seems like a note or some excerpt that has been carelessly abandoned to be swamped with dirt and mud.Perhaps this means that it has not been of any value to the person who is responsible for crumpling it.ok,now I'll stop analyzing it out loud (well,in writing I guess) and actually think about it  Grin

I'll put it together and get back to you.But so far,I got to say that the imagery and suggestion are quite powerful.Good job Smiley

Can you tell us some more about this piece?  How you came up with it, what the pieces represent, the story behind it, etc.

Well,if the artist tells us the story behind this piece straight out,then where would the fun of understanding it ourselves be?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HRH Princess ME
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007 08:58:51 PM »

actually,now that i look closely,the crumpled paper has an eye.
LOL
it looks like a fish or some type of amphibian maybe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007 07:39:31 PM »

Well, we had a competition on campus, they wanted art that had to do with the Gray Fossil Site, that has just been found.  So, I did not have time, to go check out the Fossil Site, but went on their site that they had for it, and I found out they have found tapir bones, and since I did not ever heard of it before, I decided to do it.  It's impossible, for a tapir to ever look like the one I did, because the fabric body of him I did, is stuffed, and suppose to look like fake blood is coming out of him, so I guess, for his body, I did a recent dead body.  And, since it is fossils that they found in the site, I made the skull of a tapir that they had on the site, so the head is paper-mached, so I guess, you can say the skull is 2-D.  I put the eye, in there because I wanted there to be no question that was a head that I made.  And, it is paper-machied with a Abraham Lincoln Calligraphy Journal, that I did for a history class.  And, I was suppose to pretend to be Abraham Lincoln for it.  So, some of the head that is paper-machied, does talk about Abraham Lincoln son that had died.  And, our teacher said it had to be mono something, where we can only stick with one color and the shades of it, and since you find bones in dirt, and the tapir was brown, that is what I went with.  I hope that explains, it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007 07:43:09 PM by SoonFamo-Artiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
E.L.F. Highlighter/Concealer Duo Review
A Makeover for a Viewer Who Lost 260 Pounds
4 Ways to Feel Younger Now
5 Things to Try This December 2014: Holiday Gifts, Sips, and Beauty Tricks
Giorgio Armani Spring/Summer 2015 Milan Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...