A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
431 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone make LB's Elegant Shell top???  (Read 358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

woohag
« on: November 17, 2007 09:53:23 PM »

Hi All...

I want to make Lion Brand's "Elegant Shell" top for my mother as a Xmas present, pattern here: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60579.html.  She said she is a size Medium, but I'm not sure for this top. I know the lace pattern will stretch, but she's a 36D boobage and has a bit of a tummy and hips. THOUGHTS???

Also, b/c I SUCK at gauge, please help me out if possible. I'm using LB Cotton Ease and for some aggravating reason I can't get the gauge swatch right...it keeps going into a circle. The gauge is based on the V-stitch Pattern (dc, ch1, dc + 3dc in next st) and when I start it off of my foundation chain for a gauge swatch, it just forms a circle. I am not a novice crocheter so maybe I'm just too tired to start a project this late at night, but I'm frustrated and would appreciate any help.

I know gauge depends mostly on my personal crochet tension as well as hook size and yarn used, of course, but should an H hook and the LB Cotton Ease do the trick for the medium? 

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007 09:55:01 PM by woohag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://whittsknits.blogspot.com

I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might wanna turn your head.  ~Ani Difranco
pinkyrican
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007 08:02:18 AM »

there are quite a few of these completed on ravelry, people used either a G or an H hook. They used LB Cotton, RH Soft, Simply Soft and TLC Essentials- so I think you are fine using Cotton Plus with an H hook, I usually have to go up a size too. I think for a 36 D bust you might want to make the large size
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...