A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Catnip Mouse-Pigs  (Read 7442 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lisascenic
« on: December 27, 2004 01:47:35 PM »

Here are some knitted mouse-pigs I made for xmas this year. The pattern was found on About.com. 

These are the mice prior to sewing or felting.

A closeup on the mouse-pig's snout.

The mousepig after felting.

I knitted the mouse-pigs, sewed them most of the way up with wool, and then stuck a pebble inside of them, and sewed them up completely with cotton crochet thread, and then ran them throught the washer and drier a few times.  After that, I pulled out the cotton thread, and stuffed them with polyester batting and a little catnip sachet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tere
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004 02:05:26 PM »

I love it lisascenic! I'm bookmarking this thread right now. I have wool in bright yellow-I have no idea what I was thinking when I bought it-and its great for felting, so I'm going to make these for Marvin for sure  Smiley
Great job!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004 05:07:29 PM »

Is Marvin the big cutie in the photo?  What a great cat!

I was a crazed mouse-making factory up until xmas.  I thought my neighbors were going to kill me for running rocks through the dryer, but in fact when I asked them about it ahead of time, nobody had any objections.  One neighbor even folded all my laundry one day, and arranged the mice on the stack as is they were a little mouse colony.  Mice were peeking out from between the layers of towels, mice were clambering up the pile, mice were peering down from the top.  I smiled all day long, thinking about the glee my neighbor must have had, making her little mouse installation!

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbowmeow
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004 05:12:11 PM »

Ohh... that is the cutest thing!  Too bad I can't knit, and that my cat is immune to catnip.  Grin  It's very clever though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gwensmom
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004 06:51:30 PM »

Oooh I love your green mice!  I made a ton of grey ones for friends and relatives and their cats are all lovin' it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

thecatspajamas18
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004 09:01:26 PM »

Those are SOO cute. Too bad my cats destroy the toys I make for them within the hour- that's why I have to make cheap, easy square toys. hehe krazy kats...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004 05:02:47 AM »

Thanks for the story Lisascenic  Cheesy That's awsome. And yeah, thats Marvin, and I think he's actually gained weight since that photo was taken, lol.
take care,
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004 02:35:07 PM »

Hee! They're cute!!! The recipients will surely love them!! I made some but I let my cats felt them with their tongues. Those nipheads!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Precious
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004 04:52:25 PM »

Those are so cute! I wanna make that Penguin on Knitty, but I havent even finished my scarf, hah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisascenic
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004 05:46:49 PM »

Cat-slobber felting.....hmmmm.. ...that's a technique I haven't given much thought to!

I've seen the Knitty Penguin knitted up.  It is amazingly cute! 

The woman who created the pattern for the mice wrote me back after I sent her a picture.  She had mostly done grey mice, but did a grey mouse with a colorfully striped body. Her mouse looked like it was wearing a little sweater, she said. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mango Habanero Sorbet Recipe
How to Poach Pears
How to Make Grilled Cheese Ice Cream Sandwiches
15-Minute Apricot Yogurt Parfaits
How to Make Nutella-Stuffed Cronut Holes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...