A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,502
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've just bought a knitting machine ...  (Read 2895 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fenn
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008 09:50:49 AM »

How's the blanket coming along? I'm rubbish - I've not even opened the lid on mine in a good six months  Roll Eyes

I need to get going again tho - a friend called this morning to say that she'd got me TWO more machines from a neighbour who's moving house  Shocked Grin  They're both Brothers - a KX360 and a KH860. I think the 360 is a very old model - I can't find anything about it on the web. But the 860 looks like it should be good!

The only thing is, neither of them has the manual...  Roll Eyes Shocked Undecided
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008 09:52:09 AM by Fenn - Reason: cos I'd misspelt something. Yeah I know, I'm a pedant... ;D » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you go down to the woods today...

www.theuglyowl.blogspot.com
dancingbarefoot
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008 10:04:16 AM »

I have the 860 and it's a gem! The neighbor just GAVE them to you? Lucky you!

You can download most of the Brother manuals for free from Brother Canada: http://ftp://ftp.brother.ca/ENGLISH/KNITTINGMACHINE/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
Fenn
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008 02:41:01 PM »

I am feeling very lucky indeed today  Grin

DBF - I've tried all afternoon and evening to get that link to work with no luck - the main Brother site in Canada doesn't have any listings for knitting machine manuals. Have you managed to get it work before now? Using your link I get a list of pdf files but it refuses to actually download anything  Huh

I was hoping that it would be similar to my Knitmaster, but going by pictures from eBay, it's laid out differently. I foresee many long evenings ahead...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you go down to the woods today...

www.theuglyowl.blogspot.com
dancingbarefoot
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008 04:07:08 PM »

DBF - I've tried all afternoon and evening to get that link to work with no luck - the main Brother site in Canada doesn't have any listings for knitting machine manuals. Have you managed to get it work before now? Using your link I get a list of pdf files but it refuses to actually download anything  Huh

It's an FTP rather than a website, so it may load as a volume on your desktop. The direct link for the KH860 manual is http://ftp://ftp.brother.ca/ENGLISH/KNITTINGMACHINE/KH860-UG.pdf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1. All fungi are edible.
2. Some fungi are not edible more than once.
~~Terry Pratchett~~

my blog | index of free machine knitting patterns
try.fail.repeat
Driven by insomnia and DIY.

It is possible to jazzersize to Slayer.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008 03:47:48 PM »

I'm very new to machine knitting. I just scored a brand new (as far as I can tell it has never been used and still has it's box and everything sealed) Ultimate Sweater Machine while I was shopping in the Salvation Army for a whopping $10. Shocked <---That's exactly what my face did when I saw it and the price. I snatched it up and merrily went on my way.

I can't wait to learn how to use it. It even has the dvd with it. I'm sure one of my first projects will be a blanket for my friend who is expecting in January.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P. US Army Pfc. Jason Cox 06.16.08
pins+needles
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008 04:06:19 AM »

My mother bought me a knitmaster 600 knitting machine with a ribber in Febuary  Grin,, i think its the same as the 700 only it doesnt have the built in knit radar.
Its taken me a while to get used to it and am still learning,
I have knitted so far ..a  fair isle scarf, two pull overs, 1 sweater and a pair of socks  Cool,,

You will find loads of machine knitting videos on youtube by http://www.youtube.com/susyranner

and i didnt realise so many people had knitting machines on here!,, id love to see more people post about them and show what theyve made Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hot Trends for Quilting Designs
Homemade Greeting Cards for the Holiday
Art of Basket Weaving
How to Do Indian Embroidery
Vera Nakonechny on Ukrainian Embroidery
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...