A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My family breeds like rabbits- Suggestions needed  (Read 965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RamenQueen
« on: November 20, 2007 01:45:49 PM »

ok .. i need suggestions so maybe ya'll can help! I used Code names on my friends because some of  them are on craftster and don't know I am too!

Friends:
Suga' Plum: a redone barbie to look like the WItch from Wicked/OZ

Volcanic Ash: a Redone Barie to look like a look like a Maniac Fan from our College

Mikey: Something Harry Potter of Pirates of the Carribean?

Solja boi:  He's in the Guard. Business/Criminal Justice, looooves Metalllica...Maybe a James Hetfield plushie? ...nah

FAMILY!

Mom- No idea!

Dad- a handmade frame that looks like a bandana with the pic of us from the Willie nelson/Meryl Haggard concert which was his fathers day , bday, and christmas presnt for the next 3 yrs lol

Charlotte ( Sis) - Tulle pot scrubbers, buying her a really nice top for job interviews...shes a single 2 job working mom/grandma and never has $ for herself

Kevin ( Bro)- I bought on clearance this summer a rifle shaped lighter ( thats his bday gift since it's 12/26) ANy gift ideas for a 35 yr old hunter?

Darla ( SIL) Pot Scrubbers, soap in fabric bags ( no slip!) and dish soap aprons ...maybe chocolate spoons

Cheyenne( niece 12)- no clue. She's a Sport girl I was a bookwork...any sugestions? Maybe a Scuoodie?

Dianne ( niece 4)-  Redone Barbie and matching outfit.

Wyatt ( Nephew 5 weeks ) - Tiny Taggie

Carol ( Sis)- Dish soap Apron, Pot Scrubbies, something nurse themed? She just became a RN

Kenny( BIL) - New addition to the Family. Loves Marshall University. Thats about All I know.

AShlie ( niece 15) - a little immature for her age. Boy crazy. Thinks she's very "Urban and Gangsta". No idea. SCoodie?

Alison ( niece 4) - Redone Barbie with Outfit

Shelby Lynn( Great-niece  15 months)- larger snugglie style taggie and a sock doll.

Christopher ( great-nephew born 11/19/07) Tiny Taggie

Tiffany ( Niece 20, Shelby's Mom)  Scoodie, pot scrubbies

Kahla- ( niece 17, Chris' mom) -  handmade purse/diaper bag.

I am a broke College student who is trying to use up her crafting clutter for christmas ( I am also in  Intro to Costuming and have plenty of acess to sewing machines * I have one in my dorm* and have decent skills)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VaxGirl
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007 03:13:31 PM »

Do you knit?  There are some great yarn sales this time of year.  Maybe some quick scarves on big needles for your brother and BIL(his in university colors), and maybe a Harry Potter scarf for your pal Mikey.

I've made washcloths from Sugar & Cream yarn(really cheap) and add a fancy bar of soap, which to me is that nice soap from Trader Joes for the nieces and girl pals.

If you want to sew, boxer shorts or pj pants are fun and inexpensive and pretty easy to make.  Although I don't know if it would be uncomfortable to give your brother & BIL.  Amusing fabrics, maybe cammoflage for your bro, make them less intimate.

Last year I made a fleece hat for the husband.  Fleece is a good deal this time of year too.  There are a couple cute styles on Marthastewart.com that don't require a pattern.

I like your idea of the redone Barbies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OrangeAngel23
Orange Angel's Profile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007 03:36:16 PM »

Hmmm.....  For those kids whom like barbies, try checking out http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=209088.0

They make these dressable dolls called poppets.  They seem fairly easy to make and you can make them any way you like with any kind of fabric.

For the adult ladies...  try beaded jewelry

for those who don't like jewelry - think of something practical, you cant go wrong with table cloths, place mats, hand bags, scarves, hats, scrunchies, sweaters, etc...

For the guys... find out what their fav colors are and make them winter hats and scarves, or something like that.

You can't go wrong with hand made ornaments.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007 03:39:13 PM by OrangeAngel23 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very interested in doing swaps.  Please PM me if you are interested!  I love to make beaded things, and am now learning to sew!  Sooo.. please feel free to chat with me about crafty things!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Funny Cartoons with Existing Pictures
How to Make HD-Quality Videos with Camtasia Studio
How to Create Moving Text GIFs
How to Use Prolines Vol 2 Sports Poster
How to Add Smaller Images to a Larger One
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...