A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative shower themes  (Read 2381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarcasmik
« on: December 27, 2004 10:34:37 AM »

my sister just had a baby, and i'm planning two showers for her (one for her crazy friends, and one for our conservative aunts).  the aunts shower will be very traditional (corny, very), but we want something fun and different for the friends shower. 

we're considering a 'think pink' theme (where everyone has to wear pink and bring something pink to share, ie bubblegum or cupcakes), but it's been done before.  and we don't know the nursery theme yet, so that's out.  and since none of her friends are married and only a couple are dating, we can't do a couples shower.  any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"we are the music makers,
          and we are the dreamers of the dreams."
vintagechick
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005 08:01:30 AM »

What about choosing her favorite place and making that the theme?  Over on the weddings board there's a current discussion about a Paris-themed reception.  You could go along the lines of something like that, only select a place that she loves.  Does she love the idea of spending a week on the beach with no worries?  What about centering the theme around that? 

Another idea would be to center the theme around something she loves.  For instance, I'm an avid tea drinker and I LOVE afternoon tea.  Tea parties are one of my favorite things in the world. For my bridal shower, it was a tea theme, including a cake with a teacup with flowers spilling out of it.  It was gorgeous and fit me perfectly.  They knew I would never have liked the big paper bells and doves, etc. 

That's my suggestion...choose something or someplace that she loves, something that makes her feel comfortable or special or is important to her and make that the focus.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbug
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005 12:47:20 PM »

I know a great game for a baby shower.  It is called Dirty Diaper.  You melt different kinds of candy bars (just until they are soft) in the microwave.  Then you put each different candy bar in a diaper.  The guests have to pass around each diaper, look at it, and smell the "poop."  Then they guess which candy bar it is and write down their guesses on a piece of paper.  The person who gets the most correct wins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NancyinIdaho
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005 02:46:21 PM »

I have wanted to throw the following shower for a long time:

Since babies are so little, the theme is miniature.  The invites read:

(0n the front)
Little elbows, baby toes,
Tiny ears and a little nose

(interior)
(name of parents)'s world is about to get a whole lot smaller!

At the shower you decorate with miniature daisies or roses, and serve mini cupcakes/muffins, mini sandwiches, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, mini m&ms, mini oreos...you get the picture.

I hope someone throws this party if I never get around to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kateschw
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005 10:13:04 PM »

Food and Wine (April 2001) contained an article with 25 great party ideas. #12 was a baby shower theme with  foods with a filling:  pig in a blanket, cream filled cupcakes, stuff mushrooms, etc., and stuff inside stuff for the decor (utensils rolled in napkins inside glasses) etc.

#23 was a baby shower theme of things that "puff up, just like the guest of honor."  Cheese puffs, popovers, meringue cookies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
slackferno
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005 08:15:57 PM »

I once threw a One Smart Cookie shower.  I based the food around cookies (but also served other upscale snackies), and based the games, invites, and decor around the concept of high contrast colors of red, black, and white.  Games included real brain teasers like a trivia game I called Who Wants to be a Childrenaire and Match the Celebrity Parent with the Oddly Named Child.  (Well, do YOU know which rocker has a daughter named Fifi Trixibelle?)  We gave away door prizes like Baby Einstein videos and the Cat in the Hat translated into Latin.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LucyLu
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005 05:54:10 AM »

I like the "Think Pink" idea.  Maybe everyone could wear pink and bring a pink gift.  Sip pink lemonade with little pink umbrellas.  Raspberry sherbet punch is also pink, I think.  It would be funny to decorate the yard with pink flamingos.  Of course, pink decorations!!  Maybe use hot pink and orange to livin it up  Huh  The mom could wear a pink feather boa or a pink wig...hehe..thats going a little extreme!   Grin

Here are some pink invitations that are pretty.
http://www.novelexpressions.com/Baby/1C-25.htm
http://www.simplybabystuff.com/babgirpinsho.html

I also like the smart cookie and miniture ideas...very creative

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review
Top 10 Pamper Beauty Essentials
Tips on How to Apply Your Makeup
4 Best Eyeshadows for Evening
How to Curl Eyelashes with Heat
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...