A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embellishing an iPod?  (Read 1445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

freakymysty
« on: December 27, 2004 10:18:20 AM »

I got an iPod for Christmas (woohoo!) but I already managed to get it dirty, heh.  I put it in my backpack without even thinking of colored pencil shavings so now there's a really light blue mark on the ClickWheel.  It made me think though... why don't I dress up my iPod with stickers (or something removable).  When I asked my mom and sis they thought I was crazy and now I'm discouraged. 

So, am I crazy?  Is there a reason not to decorate it?  I don't think I'll ever sell the iPod or anything.  Or maybe I could make a cover for it that I could change out and it wouldn't leave a sticky residue.  However, I do not want to knit a cozy or anything (although I got a Learn to Knit kit for Christmas as well), it has to be something I can draw all over.  I was going to draw on a sheet of sticker paper and use that because the stickers would have to be a certain size to fit on the small spaces not dominated by the ClickWheel.  I can sew reasonably well, except for vinyl (that was a horrible experience Tongue).  Help me figure out what to do please!

Has anyone ever decorated their iPod?  If so, show pictures!  Even the knitted cozies, just show whatever embellishments you did on your iPod just for fun Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizajane73
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004 10:40:56 AM »

I saw - somewhere - that they now make stickers to cover your iPod. Like Avery, or one of those companies - you design them and print from your computer and it wraps around the iPod... maybe you could just get those and then color however you want...

HTH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.knitvixen.com - Good Patterns for Bad Girls
freakymysty
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004 06:04:47 PM »

Thanks for the tip lizajane73.  I googled for iPod stickers and some neat stuff came up.  However, I ran across a website that actually tested out one of those stickers and the iPod was pretty gross looking after taking the stickers off.  I think I'll go some sort of cozy made out of clear vinyl or something.  It'll be less damaging and I can draw on it with a sharpie.  Thanks for your help though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candysniper
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004 06:50:49 PM »

I use a silicone cover on mine. It's a little bit on the thick side, which gives me an added sense of security. I haven't tried drawing on it, but I think that a sharpie would work really  well. You can buy them with a clip kit for the back of the sleeve and a cover for the screen. It keeps everything from getting scratched and filled up with backpack detritus. www.xksn.com

I blinged my earbuds with itty bitty flat Swarovski crystals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't you find something constructive to do?
-My Mother

No more spray painting in the laundry room.
-My Boyfriend
freakymysty
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004 02:43:12 PM »

Thanks so much for that link, candysniper.  It's awesome and affordable as well!  I'm so glad you gave me the link to that website because I was about give up and make my own cover which would've been too much hassle.  Your iPod cover looks so cool and I absolutely love the crystals you attached to the earbuds Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ballerinababe

Go big or go home!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004 08:13:28 PM »

This site customizes your i pod with crystals, but for me it's inspiration to do the same thing myself. I'm not sure if it's exactly up your alley or not but I thought it was pretty cool to look at.
nycpeach.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.
Moonmist
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004 08:53:55 PM »

HP actually does a sticker skin/cover for new iPods.

Go to www.ipodlounge.com they have tons of accessories.  Apple actually have iPod socks, which I guess you can actually knit your own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
breakfastclub122

NO I DO NOT WANT TO SEE YO WEINA!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005 04:00:17 PM »

i made this one for my mini it was pretty easy and totally removable it just slides off the top or bottom, but i dont know if i would work on a regular ipod. its worth a try, considering its so cheap. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35505.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bonvoyagemonde

time is on my side

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005 06:15:36 PM »

This is a bit late, but by doing such permanant things apple will not take your ipod if something is wrong with it. It's just a forewarning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a civil world like this it always sells itself.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dramatic Wine Colored Lips at the Bibhu Mohatpatra SS 2014 Show
Punk Princess Inspired Makeup at the Nicole Miller SS 2014 Fashion Show
The Best New Beauty Products for February
How to Get a "No Makeup" Makeup Look
How Social Media and Phones Ruin Your Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...