A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mud room redo 11/15/07  (Read 1625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkensteins
« on: November 15, 2007 04:50:56 PM »

Ok, We bought a house, and it has been lots of boring not crafty plumbing and electric and "OH MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT WALL!?!?" and " What is that stuff on the roof?!" and "Why is there water on the floor in the garage!?!?!"

so, I was happy to finally have a creative project.... although I chose bland and boring, I figured I will do the whole house plain, and then decide how I want it. The previous owners were VERY liberal with color (Which I normally embrace, but *I* want a blank canvas!!!) OK, so on to the photos:
Before:

as you can see, it was kinda cool, but you can't smell it from where you are.... EEWWWW

Plus, My name isn't Betty...and either is my husbands...

So, I bought this cool horse bell at the thrift store, and it kinda became the launching point. We still need to paint the doors behind the screens, and we would like different furniture, but  right now, it is a welcoming room to come home to, and it smells like paint and new carpet!!!

I ripped up the old smelly dog breeding carpets, and took out the built in benches, and then I primed the walls like 4 times, and we painted off white about 3 times... Then we painted the trim and the doors "range brown" and hung up the horse and some curtains and put existing furniture... I also layed carpet for the first time, and it is ok, I learned alot, and was happy I only bought a remnant. total cost: about $120 including the horse!! all the furniture was already ours, so I am not counting that, but I bet it would still be under $200 I am pretty thrifty... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teresa_T
Without Cats I'm Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007 08:11:54 PM »

Looks so much better!

I hope you can get to enjoying your home.

I find home ownership to be a pain in the a$$ much of the time.

Anyway, take your time. There is no way you can get it done all at once!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkensteins
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007 08:30:40 PM »

Thanks.  I owned a condo a few years ago, and it was fun decorating and dreaming of new cabinets... But now, I own a home built in 1880, and there are surprises around every corner! It is a pain, but so far it is also a huge learning experience. I am having trouble accepting the "can't get it all done at once" part! I just want to be "home"! At least I now have the mud room (Even though it looks more like sombody else's house!)   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

joyd12
Home Improvement Junkie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007 06:04:20 PM »

Much better!  It looks so much more inviting now.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Home Depot people know me when they see me other places...and I don't even work there.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Vincent Flynn
Message to Librarians from Mac Barnett
Reynolds Price Reveals Her Motto
Blair Underwood Talks About In the Night of the Heat
Meet Illustrator and Author Kadir Nelson
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...