A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HARRY POTTER QUILT BLOCK SWAP GALLERY!  (Read 18197 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2007 08:41:26 AM »

I've received my blocks from MTANDG

Dumbledore's Memorial block:

Fred's Memorial block:

Thanks Tabbi!  They're really sweet.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
hardhat_cat
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007 02:40:39 PM »

Hi I have finished Briana's and it should be in the mail today.  Anna - yours is still on its way!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

more crafts on Twilight Crafts
annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007 04:30:31 PM »

Mine looks like Jen's exactly. I will try to post tonight! Holidays are so busy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hardhat_cat
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007 04:45:45 PM »

yay for swap blocks  Grin

Tabbi - have you received the blocks from me yet?

i'm checking the post office today to see if i have anything there for me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hardhat_cat
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007 05:18:41 PM »

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Just got my blocks from Tabbi - YAY!  Look just like Jen's too.  Will post pics when i can. 

Also i have posted Briana's today, but i forgot to take pics before posting Sad so If you can post pics when you get them Briana - that would be great Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MTANDG
Trip the light Momtastic!

I painted this years ago, it is called The Dreamer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007 02:37:52 PM »

Cat, I got your blocks two days ago but have been offline and sicky.....plus sicky kids and the 12 billion other things you still have to do even when you are sick, lol  so here are my picks I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and the designs I am so inspired to do more and better and hope to look back at my crafts on here and see how much I have improved!  I really have done some cool things in my life but never a quilt block other than my own creations  and this was so nervewracking making something that is cool that others will like...I am working on my original idea of the books and if I come up with something that works I will send them to you all as a make-up for my other designs....y'all will not mind will you?  I figure for the four of you I can do anything you have been so nice and welcoming!

Can not wait to see these all together

Here are my pics I hope they come through..yea I just previewed it and it was so simple to do, glad to learn something new every day!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.momtasticstitchery.blogspot.com/

Yep I could do a personal swap!
MTANDG

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007 02:38:40 PM »

PS When will I be able to see if my reviews good bad or indifferent will be available to do the next swap that I want to do...looking fondly at the Miyazaki swap as I love his movies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2007 02:51:17 PM »

Here are my two blocks. I too have been super busy and I didn't rush to do it because they are exactly like Jen's were. But here they are! So sweet!

Also if everyone received then I can give feedback. Let me know if everyone received and then I can do feedback!

I also have some bad news. Brianaknits won't be sending out any blocks due to an emergency. I have no idea what is going on since a mod told me. I will be trying to find angels. If I get none I will be doing it myself in Jan. I am sorry about this. Hope you all understand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MTANDG

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2007 02:58:27 PM »

I received!  And I am really working on these ideas that I had originally I can discuss it now that it really won't be too much of a surprise...my quilt blocks that I have done before are usually appliqued felt so I wanted to do the two student texts that History of Quidditch and Fantastic Beasts....I found the matching color felt but my issue is that without a good embroidery machine I will not be able to do justice to the titles (which is why I gave up the idea because the printer material was not waterproof)  soooo I am good at embroidery and it is only 5 blocks should i just hand stitch or does anyone have any other ideas? I am OCD so I could find stuff to make the outline where the words are but it would not look like the books or do I just do an image that looks similar but created on my own....dilemmaIs is these two books....

http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Beasts-Where-Find-Them/dp/0439295017/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197500156&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Quidditch-Through-Ages-Kennilworthy-Whisp/dp/0439321611/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197500187&sr=1-2

And to BrianaKnits I know things happen and I hope that whatever it was things turn out ok.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hardhat_cat
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2007 04:06:47 PM »

Cat, I got your blocks two days ago but have been offline and sicky.....plus sicky kids and the 12 billion other things you still have to do even when you are sick, lol  so here are my picks I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and the designs I am so inspired to do more and better and hope to look back at my crafts on here and see how much I have improved!  I really have done some cool things in my life but never a quilt block other than my own creations  and this was so nervewracking making something that is cool that others will like...I am working on my original idea of the books and if I come up with something that works I will send them to you all as a make-up for my other designs....y'all will not mind will you?  I figure for the four of you I can do anything you have been so nice and welcoming!

Can not wait to see these all together

Glad you like them Tabbi.  The Dumbledore pattern was my first design and is still me favourite.  The patronus one i created for this swap.  Would love to see your new designs too. 

I also have some bad news. Brianaknits won't be sending out any blocks due to an emergency. I have no idea what is going on since a mod told me. I will be trying to find angels. If I get none I will be doing it myself in Jan. I am sorry about this. Hope you all understand!

As an option perhaps we could all do one extra block per person?   Undecided that would give us a 12 squares each (including our own).  i know i'm not really in a position to suggest this seeing as i am so behind as it is, but if people don't mind waiting, i'm happy to do some extras.  i did have a back up design anyway. Wink

Anyway - let us know what's happenning.  So far i've received from everyone (Tabbi, Anna & Jen) and have posted to everyone but Anna (still working slowly towards this - as discussed offline) if i was to do an extra 3 blocks (ie one extra each) then it would probably take me until January+ to get them done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Matt Ruby on How a Comedian Finds Inspiration Interviewing Peers
How Success Shapes Standup Comedy Career Growth
How a Comedian Creates Meaningful Career Goals
Matt Ruby on How to Make Personal Connections in a Crowded Room
Thinking Maps Differently
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...