A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HARRY POTTER QUILT BLOCK SWAP GALLERY!  (Read 18017 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hardhat_cat
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2007 05:54:24 PM »

OKAY i've got 2 blocks ready to send to Anna.  Grin The first one that i owed her for the previous and the new swap angel one.  I meant to bring them into work with me, but left it home with my brains *palm face*.  i think the heat has my mind addled at the moment.
Will be working on others next weekend hopefully.  Will keep you posted with how i'm going.  I'll also let you know when i actually remember to bring in Anna's and get them sent off.  Hopefully on Wednesday.

Oh and are there any plans for a phase 2 HP quilt block swap?  For perhaps mid 2008?  It probably isn't too early to start planning if we are having one.

Happy New Year 2008   Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007 07:35:23 PM by hardhat_cat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

more crafts on Twilight Crafts
annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2008 06:56:33 PM »

I was thinking of doing a round 2! Anyone else interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hardhat_cat
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2008 08:22:11 PM »

YEP Grin count me in

Should we start discussions in the other area or have you already done that?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008 09:24:27 PM by hardhat_cat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MTANDG
Trip the light Momtastic!

I painted this years ago, it is called The Dreamer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2008 08:45:59 AM »

I would be up for participating in another one but I think I want to go back to my roots and do embroidery designs and I think I can do that with my machine, never have but if I drew it out I could just follow the pattern right with the needle?  Here are some I made for my daughters-one is made out of felt since she was a toddler and learn shapes and things and the other is the redwork on white....what do you all think? http://funkyartgal.blogspot.com/  just scroll down.  With a mixture of applique and embroidery this would work. I think my confidence levels have just been down these past two years that is why I had to join craftster to get back to what I loved doing.   I have checked out paper piecing books at the library but I am just not connecting for some reason....one day though it is on my list of things to learn!  I also want to learn how to crochet and I think my friend is going to teach me YAY!

I have everything cut out and together and the stenciling is going well, have decided to stitch the details with the machine but leave the actual words to the stencils.  Both books fits on one block so that is the block you all will be getting unless you want me to split it into two blocks and send you each two?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008 08:48:18 AM by MTANDG » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.momtasticstitchery.blogspot.com/

Yep I could do a personal swap!
annamhudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2008 10:13:31 AM »

It is up to you on which way you want to do it! Use your best judgement. I haven't even started mine yet. I have to finish this quilt I am making for a wedding and then I can start the angel blocks.

And for round 2 I think we should discuss it in the swap idea forum. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=217447.0

There you go! Now we can chat it up there!

Here is a great link by ofenjen for how to paper piece:
http://www.sewhooked.org/HPPaper.html
It is in triple speed but you can see exactly how it is done! Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MTANDG

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2008 11:40:22 AM »

OK I am going to get on the swap round 2 and give it a go,  thank you ofenjen for the triple speed video I am going to have to get one in front of me and watch it again to see how it is done.  So how can I draw a pattern that I can then turn into a paper piecing square....any suggestions to put it into a program?  I printed out one of the easy ones off the primer site she recommends and will give that a go tonight.  I am always game for trying new things cause you never know what fun you will have until you try!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hardhat_cat
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2008 02:18:39 PM »

It is up to you on which way you want to do it! Use your best judgement.

I agree with Anna in that just use what ever method you are comfortable with.  I fully recommend giving paper piecing a try.  i only really came to paper piecing last year through Jen and now i'm fully addicted.  Jen also has a link for making patterns somewhere too, but my shoulder is playing up again *groans* and i'm having trouble using the mouse to find it.  perhaps Jen can post it for you.

I have the blocks for Anna with me today and i hope to post them in my break, so they should be on their way
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MTANDG

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2008 03:20:26 PM »

I know but now that I saw the video and have seen squares in person I am going to give some of the simple ones a try...I did link to the simple pattern tutorial and will look some more over her site.  I am crafting with 8 hands right now, lol, making things for swaps and now two guitar shaped bags for my girls.  I hope the heat is not getting you too much but go ahead complain away and then I will complain this summer when it is hot here in the desert too (thankfully it drops like 40 degrees at night) and we have sand storms cause now I am enjoying the cold air!  Although I wish we got more moisture in the desert but heck it would not be the desert right? 

And I hope your shoulder feels better.  Thanks for all the supportive vibes y'all!

I am thinking I will get these out the week after next-like around the 15th-but I will let you know when they go into the mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hardhat_cat
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2008 07:00:48 PM »

Have posted of Second block from Round 1 plus angel block to Anna. 

Anna let me know if you want to see what you angel block looks like and i'll post a pic Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annamhudson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2008 09:36:11 AM »

YES Please post pics for me hardhatcat!!! I haven't gotten around to doing it because I am busy catching up on crafty stuff. I am trying to finish a quilt for a wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: Visual Culture Online
Off Book: The Art of Typography
Architect Mark Wigley Says Data Visualization Is the New Art
A Workshop For Peace
Audio Speakers Installed in Hollowed Tree Trunks
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...